Home Forums Television Official COUGAR TOWN Season 3 thread (premieres 2/14/12)

Official COUGAR TOWN Season 3 thread (premieres 2/14/12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Woo-hoo! Thank you, Work It, for being even worse than you looked.

Do we think post-Last Man Standing will be a successful time slot?

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/cougar-town-season-3-premiere-date/

ItsNotMe
    Topics:

That poster is very similar to last year’s, and just as badly photoshopped! But the tagline is fun.

I’m guessing this is the season that finally gets Laurie and Travis together. I’m kinda against it, but let’s see how it plays out (if it indeed does!)

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Great news!

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

FINALLY!

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m glad this finally happened, I knew Work It would be the solution to our problem. 

I do think Last Man Standing will sort of help, but only at the beginning, then people will realize this is not for them since these are not even close to being the same audiences.

ABC is putting Cougar Town here to let it die. I’m taking the pesimistic (and logical) approach in hopes of being pleasantly surprised come may. They deserved a better partner but I understand if nothing else could be found for them, so naturally they’ll end up being screwed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

I’m glad this finally happened, I knew Work It would be the solution to our problem. 

I do think Last Man Standing will sort of help, but only at the beginning, then people will realize this is not for them since these are not even close to being the same audiences.

ABC is putting Cougar Town here to let it die. I’m taking the pesimistic (and logical) approach in hopes of being pleasantly surprised come may. They deserved a better partner but I understand if nothing else could be found for them, so naturally they’ll end up being screwed.

Yeah, it’s probably not going to do well in this timeslot, and this might be it…but if it is, at least we’ll get to see 13 more episodes of this show. And you never know, maybe a cable network will scoop it up.  

ReplyCopy URL
    GoMe91
    Participant
    Topics:

Why does ABC hate Cougar Town so much? Were the ratings that bad?

I’m so excited!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, it doesn’t bode well really that ABC is sticking the show in a timeslot from which two shows have already been cancelled this season.  On the other hand, the fact that whoever is watching Last Man Standing didn’t just keep watching Man Up and Work It could be promising.  Maybe the tastes of the audience aren’t as off from a show like Cougar Town as they seem.  Maybe sentimentality for a sitcom star of yesteryear has been underestimated, or maybe people just really like Nancy Travis. 

ABC is in a pretty unfortunate position now that they’ve used the Wednesday night line to launch Suburgatory and Happy Endings successfully.  They probably think the Cougar Town ratings will be steady no matter where they put it, and they don’t want to mess up something that’s working well on Wednesday.  Besides, the show that fits in least with the rest of the lineup is probably Modern Family, the night’s biggest ratings draw. 

Shows like Cougar Town are the kind networks hate because critics and fans are so vocal about how much they enjoy it but the ratings aren’t great.  I don’t see them having many options for where to put the show next year.  I seriously doubt they’ll keep it in this Tuesday slot, and unless they pull an NBC and put it on at 10 after Happy Endings, there’s kind of now place for it. 

I’m thrilled the show is back, but this timeslot means I’ll have to drop 90210.  Kind of sad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Oh happy day! I sooooo missed Busy Phillips’ collegen filled lips.

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

Alan Sepinwall said in his podcast the other day that the one advantage Cougar Town has is that it is produced by ABC Studios, so ABC gets all of the syndication profits if it gets enough episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

The premiere got a high-profile ad slot during Modern Family, so at least ABC is putting some effort behind it.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Bump–returns tonight. Yea!!

Episode 3.1 “Ain’t Love Strange”

ReplyCopy URL
    DD
    Participant
    Topics:

The premiere was awful. Boring and unfunny. This’ll definitely get cancelled if the rest of the season’s episodes are this bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

I enjoyed the premiere as I laughed several times during the episode. I have been a fan of the show since the very first episode so perhaps I am pre-disposed to like the show. I do love all of the characters and I think that is the crucial ingredient to enjoying any show. I am not certain last night’s show created masses of new fans; but I think most existing probably enjoyed it. I am glad the show is back and I look forward to spending the rest of the season with the cul-de-sac crew.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved the premiere.  I had missed this show more than I realized, and I thought was funny and sweet, and perfect for Valentine’s Day.

I doubt anybody really thinks that show is going to pull in a boatload of new viewers.  The cast and crew seem to be trying to really capitalize on their existing fanbase and maybe draw in a few people who are on the fringe. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Reply To: Official COUGAR TOWN Season 3 thread (premieres 2/14/12)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.