February 26, 2013 at 6:48 am #270702
The official cast was announced today:
- Singer Wynona Judd, paired with Tony Dovolani
- Comedian D.L. Hughley, paired with Cheryl Burke
- Baltimore Raves wide receiver Jacoby Jones, paired with Karina Smirnoff
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump, paired with new pro Gleb Savchenko
- Comedian Andy Dick, paired with new pro Sharna Burgess
- Professional Boxer Victor “Victorious” Ortiz, paired with new pro Lindsay Arnold
- Disney star Zendaya Coleman, paired with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Olympic Gold-Medal winner Aly Raisman, paired with Mark Ballas
- Soap star Ingo Rademacher, paired with Kym Johnson
- Former American Idol contestant and country singer Kellie Pickler, paired with Derek Hough
- Olympic figure skating legend Dorothy Hamill, paired with Tristan McManus
So what do you think of the new cast?February 26, 2013 at 6:51 am #270704
I, personally, like the new cast. I think the women will do fantastic this season, especially since I know and love so many of them like Lisa Vanderpump and Wynona Judd and Kellie Pickler. I think D.L. Hughley will definitely make the show worth watching, because he is one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen. It’s amazing how even after 16 seasons, they are still able to get a good cast every year.February 26, 2013 at 8:13 am #270705
I think this is a pretty solid cast minus Andy Dick. I’m surprise to see Zendaya cast given she’s only 16. Wynonna is probably going to last for a few weeks given her fanbase and the whole weight loss angle. My pre-show predictions:
Top 6 will consist of
-Jacoby & Karina
-Ingo & Kym
-Zendaya & Val
-Aly & Mark
-Dorothy & Tristan
-Kellie & Derek
D.L. Hughley and Wynonna could spoil as sometimes the best dances don’t always make it far. I’m betting that Andy Dick will be the first one to go home.
February 26, 2013 at 9:40 am #270706
Ummm… I think I’m gonna pass this season.February 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm #270707
I am definitely going to watch this season.February 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm #270708
Stars? lolFebruary 26, 2013 at 5:41 pm #270709
Well, there goes Tony’s chance of winning again this season… Nothing against Wynonna; she could be great for all you know, but that’s Tony’s lot on this show. He has only gotten to the finale when paired up with immediate frontrunners, and Wynonna Judd isn’t one of those this season.March 18, 2013 at 8:52 am #270710
Alright everyone tonight is the night. Here’s the rumored dance lineup and what dance each couple will perform
1. Kellie & Derek (Cha Cha) [Not confirmed yet]
2. Victor & Lindsay (Foxtrot)
3. Ingo & Kym (Contemporary)
4. Lisa & Gleb (Foxtrot)
5. DL & Cheryl (Cha Cha)
6. Zendaya & Val (Contemporary)
7. Sean & Peta (Foxtrot)
8. Aly & Mark (Cha Cha)
9. Dorothy & Tristan (Contemporary)
10. Wynonna & Tony (Cha Cha)
11. Andy & Sharna (Foxtrot) [Not confirmed yet]
12. Jacoby & Karina (Cha Cha)
Any predictions as to who will be at the top of the leaderboard and who will crash and burn?March 18, 2013 at 7:51 pm #270711
Here are my rankings
1. Zendaya & Val: Wow is all I can say. I’m glad that she’s able to utilize her long legs and not have them look awkward as we have seen with previous taller women. I’m praying that she definitely makes it all the way!
2. Kellie & Derek: I knew once they said she was going first, she would get hosed. Kellie definitely has the goods and I loved how natural she was with the movements.
3. Dorothy & Tristan: I love Dorothy’s personality and spirit. Although it did seem a little safe I’m curious to see how she’ll handle the latin dances.
4. Jacoby & Karina: I’ll be honest that his posture wasn’t the best, however he was entertaining.
5. Aly & Mark: I’m glad that she’s out there having fun and getting into character. For some reason I wished she got someone else besides Mark. I feel bad that I keep comparing her with Shawn.
6. Ingo & Kym: Another solid routine. I didn’t think it was as fluid as the judges claimed it to be.
7. Sean & Peta: Just when I thought I wanted The Bachelor out, I honestly think he will last a lot longer than I would’ve predicted.
8. Victor & Lindsay: Victor’s personality and charm will keep him in the competition. Who know he could become the Ty Murray of the season and last longer than anyone expects him to.
9. Lisa & Gleb: Lisa is definitely light on her feet, however she was stiff and uncertain in some of her moves. She should thank her lucky stars that DL sucked bad and prevented her from an early elimination. Hopefully she brings it next week.
10. Wyonna & Tony: Now Wyonna didn’t really do much cha cha, however her personality definitely sold the dance. I guess Tony figured to go back with the safe choreography after winning his mirror ball trophy last year.
11. Andy & Sharna: Like I figured Andy wasn’t a hot mess. I’m glad that he’s taking it seriously without loosing his sense of humor. He will not be the first one eliminated!
12. D.L. & Cheryl: I knew this was going to be a disaster. He looked a hot ass mess lol. DWTS should’ve went with Steve Harvey or Cedric the Entertainer to represent the Kings of Comedy. If i’m not mistaken this might be Cheryl’s shortest season ever!March 19, 2013 at 7:43 am #270712
Last night was a really fun night. I liked alot of peoples performances. I think D.L. Hughley might have given the WORST performance I have seen on that show since Master P. I mean, that was just bad. Cloris Leachman did better dances.
Anyway, my top dancer is Kellie Pickler. I think she is an early front-runner.March 19, 2013 at 7:44 am #270713
Try Again, I notice that Lisa and Gleb are missing from your rankings?March 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm #270715
I’m already upset because they football player looks to be the frontrunner…easy, logical, lame frontrunner because of his fanbase. But in all honesty, the guy at least did enough to make you think that, it wasn’t just the football tradition of this show, he actually moved well enough.
Kellie Pickler was a nice surprise and her personality plus Derek’s fans will take her far. Aly looked a little stiff for a gymnast but they can fix that I think, Zendaya (who when I read the list of names thought it was Sanjaya’s sister who somehow became famous….guess I was wrong) was pretty cool, her hip hop shoulders need some correction, but I’m thinking those three are in a top 5 situation with Jacoby and Ingo.
D.L will go home first obviously, Victor was a mess, Andy was a mess, Lisa doesn’t seem to be the kind of person that wants to get better than this, she looks like she’ll be out quick (I certainly hope so) and I don’t remember seeing the bachelor guy’s dance. Wynona could end up somewhere in the middle.
It’s also sad how they put Tony back on old lady duty the season after he won.
I also loved some of the comments with Brooke, some people weren’t into that part of the show where others usually go for comedy or beggins for votes. Aly looked like she rehearsed every answer, loooved the “Oh you went there!” with Andy, which was a very stupid question from Brooke (what else is new?), awkward comment from the new guy with Lisa and her 30 years of marriage that needed a sexy man or a sexy dance or something…
Aaaaand finally…surprised at the low number of couples, they’re running out of possibilities I see…March 25, 2013 at 7:07 pm #270716
Here are my rankings for tonight
1. Zendaya & Val
2. Kellie & Derek
3. Aly & Mark
4. Jacoby & Karina
5. Ingo & Kym
6. Andy & Sharna
7. Sean & Peta
8. Victor & Lindsay
9. Lisa & Gleb
10. DL & Cheryl
11. Wynonna & Tony
12. Dorothy and TristianMarch 28, 2013 at 9:09 am #270717
First of all….Less than Perfect Reunion!!!! Zach Levy, Sherri Shepherd and Eric Roberts were sitting together in the audience. All there for Andy Dick…
Poor Tristan (and poor us) that he’s gone….I understand that this season it was because of an injury on Dorothy’s part, but they’re really turning him into the new Tony with the partner’s he’s been getting.
I think everybody did the same as last week. Those who were great where equally great or better (Zendaya, Kellie) and those who were bad where a bit more fun to watch (Andy) or just as bad.
My bet and personal preference still goes to Zendaya (the best from this monday’s show), Kellie, Jacoby and to some extent Aly, who I wish would stop the “Aly is not amused” routine from the Olympics. She’s also way too young for the costumes she’s been getting.