Home Forums Television Official LOUIS C.K.: OH MY GOD Thread (04.13)

Official LOUIS C.K.: OH MY GOD Thread (04.13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Denis
Atypical
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Louis C.K.’s new comedy special, “Louis C.K.: Oh My God,” premieres on Saturday, April 13, 2013 @ 10 PM ET on HBO.

Here is the trailer for the comedy special (which is a send-up of overblown trailers), and it’s great.

Expect this to be another Emmy contender for him after winning last year for his “Live at the Beacon Theater” comedy special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfKUFPsEHE

Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

That trailer was fantastic LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Hilarious special. I haven’t seen a full-length routine of his before (and wish it had gone on for longer), so seeing Louis C.K. truly in his element was a treat. His gay voice is so wrong, but it killed me every time lol. He has a deceptive quality to his joke-telling where little anecdotes build into something more significant, and when the payoff happens, watch out. The sections on dating and humans in the food chain were razor-sharp. This should be another big Emmy contender for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Entertainment Weekly’s review:

Louis C.K.: Oh My God

It is said of the late professional gambler Stu Ungar that he was the greatest poker player who ever lived, and that poker was not even the game he was best at (he was also a gin-rummy ace). Similarly, it is possible to argue that, although Louis C.K. has created a work of genius with the FX show Louie, what he’s really good at is stand-up. Oh My God offers further evidence for the thesis while also serving as a reminder that only a complete idiot would attempt to summarize a routine that relies so heavily on the comic’s apparently rambling yet actually diamond-honed delivery. So here goes: Subjects covered by Mr. C.K. this time around include sitting, socks, and Sigourney Weaver. Plus? A bit about nut allergies and slavery that would be both pointless and downright irresponsible to repeat in cold print. A-Clark Collis 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

That was sick!!!!!!!! I loved it and wanted it to last like 2 hours more, the amazing Louis C.K ladies and gentleman!

Never Identify Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are You Crazy????
    you don’t know why I’m asking”

Ok burn them all!

LOOOOOLLLL

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Official LOUIS C.K.: OH MY GOD Thread (04.13)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.