Orange is the New Black: 2016 Emmy situation

Home // Forums // Television // Orange is the New Black: 2016 Emmy situation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • David Howard
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Orange is the New Black will compete as a drama or a comedy in the 2016 Emmys?

What are your early nomination predictions if they are allowed to compete as a comedy?

What are your early nomination predictions if they are forced to remain in drama?  

Jason Travis
    Participant
    Topics:

It honestly needs to go back to Comedy. Changing it to Drama was not wise (though it still won something). OITNB should ALREADY be a Best Comedy Series winner. I’m highly addicted to it; can’t say the same about Veep, or any of the other comedy nominees last night.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think industry hysteria for OITNB is over.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bradley Weir
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep it! It will be embarrassing if it moves again. It’s going to be nominated in the drama series category next year anyway and Aduba will probably win again (that space erotica novel was just genius.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

If anything, I think buzz will die down even further, whether it’s seen a comedy or drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

The 3rd season was the most comedic. I can see Taylor Schilling being nominated again if it goes Comedy, she has a nice episode. Uzo will be nominated anyway, but OITNB will score more technical nods and wins as a Comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll only get 1 nod – Drama Supporting Actress , Uzo Aduba.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Uzo had no dramatic material this season, other than that scene where she cried with Taystee. She really doesn’t deserve a Drama nomination next year. I’m sorry, she just doesn’t. The ones that deserve recognition are Taryn Manning, Adrienne C. Moore, Selenis Leyva, Lea Delaria and so on.

If they nominate her again, it will just be further proof that they have designated her as the one cast member to just keep blindly voting for. It’s really confusing and annoying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

It should appeal placement and go back to Comedy next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d place it Drama. Uzo would still get in, and has the heartbreaking scenes of Suzanne struggling to get over the absence of Vee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

In comedy it could score moe nominations, but I don’t think voters are really into this show, or the’ll ever be.

Season 2 was STELLAR and should have been a frontrunner for series, comedy or drama.

Lorraine Toussaint got one of the worst snub ever. 

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

If it goes drama, I’d love to see Aduba, Leyva and Prepon in contention for a nomination.

If it goes comedy, then Aduba (not just saying her name for the sake of it. She genuinely has the capability with her material for both sides), Schilling and maybe Brooks deserve consideration most.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Let’s see;

Children at the prison celebrating mother’s day and all of a sudden someone is lost and they have to lie down on the ground. Mothers are in shame children are shocked. 
    Alex is back at prison and desperate, also in love with Piper as ever. She has a huge crying scene in the shower and later she learns that Piper backstabbed her she is the reason that she is back at prison. Also she gets paranoid cause she is on the verge of getting killed and the love of her love betrays her with the new hot thing. Also at the end of the season she faces with her hitman. 
    Natasha Lyonne’s character is an addict and she gets thrown to SHU while begging and crying.
    Crazy Eyes is literally lost and attacking everybody that says anything about Vee.  
    We learn Pennsatucky’s past and we learn that she got raped and while we learn this story she gets raped again?
    After learning that she stole her money, Piper gets Stella thrown in somewhere high security. 
    We learn that the butch lesbian has family issues and she was bullied since she was a kid.

vs.

Proving that they are Jews so they can get kosher scene, with especially Hava Nagila 
    Piper having a funny speech in the garden

————————————-

And that is all I can remember I don’t know what I forgot to add but if you think OITNB is actually a comedy series then there is something really wrong with you cause most of these issues are not funny and not dealt with in a funny way like they do in Mom. 

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

^Suzanne writing erotica is 100% pure unadulterated comedy too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

^Suzanne writing erotica is 100% pure unadulterated comedy too.

I knew I forgot something important.
    Still the show is more drama this season and they should do the dignified thing and stay in the drama categories. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Orange is the New Black: 2016 Emmy situation

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.