Home Forums Television Original Music and Lyrics (2016)

Original Music and Lyrics (2016)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
leothescorpio
Riley
jacob121
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

This is one of my favorite Creative Arts categories. Inside Amy Schumer’s “Girl, You Don’t Need Makeup” won last year. What contenders do we have this year?

Empire – “Ain’t About the Money” 

Galavant – “A New Season!”

Grease: Live – “All I Need Is an Angel”

Horace and Pete – “Horace and Pete”

Key & Peele – “Pirate Chantey”

Saturday Night Live – “First Got Horny 2 U”

Shameless – “The F Word”

The Wiz Live! – “We Got It”

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Hannibal series finale: “Love Crime” by Siouxsie Sioux out of retirement with series composer Brian Reitzell

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

“Snitch Bitch” from Empire will be this year’s “It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp”

ReplyCopy URL
    Esteban Javier Ruiz Cerda
    Topics:

Acording to Diane Warren, Til It Happens To You is elegible for an Emmy so maybe they can get some Emmy love this year

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

All of the songs from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? I kind of gave up on the show maybe five episodes in but I still like to catch the songs on youtube which are generally really inventive and funny. Plus the Emmys greatly favor comedic songs in this category. The only question is which/how many songs will the show submit? There are usually 2-3 per episode so they could potentially submit too many and easily flood and overwhelm the voters. I hope they only pick a few or, better, one.  Suggestions? Feelin’ Kinda Naughty, Settle for Me, and Sexy Getting Ready Song stand out to me off the top of my head as some of the strongest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t aware of the already existing thread. So sorry.

FYC: “Goodbye Moonmen” from Rick and Morty. 

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Just fill this category with Crazy Ex Girlfriend. So many amazing songs to pick from 

ReplyCopy URL
    halo
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about what Crazy Ex-Girlfriend should submit. The “problem” is they have a lot of strong songs and they don’t want to split the vote by submitting too many. It’s really tricky to narrow them down.

I think they’ll go with West Covina, Feelin’ Kinda Naughty and Settle For Me. All three are among the ‘classier’ songs and all three are very catchy.

West Covina is a show-tune with a big orchestral number and California jokes, plus it’s the opening number from the pilot which seems like an advantage. It’s not the show’s strongest song, though. Still, if they only put up one song for nomination, it kind of feels inevitable that this has to be it.

Feeling Kinda Naughty is probably the show’s strongest song overall, in terms of comedy and catchiness, plus I imagine the Behind the Candelabra gag would go down well.

Settle for Me is sung by Santino Fontana and is probably the strongest song not sung by Bloom.

The latter two are co-written by two-time Emmy winner Adam Schlesinger.

I’m not convinced Emmy voters will appreciate things like Heavy Boobs, I Love My Daughter (But Not in a Creepy Way) and Sex with a Stranger, while You Stupid Bitch, Sexy French Depression and Sexy Getting Ready Song are a little blunt lyrically, especially when divorced from context. I Give Good Parent doesn’t feel like the sort of thing that would appeal to Emmy voters.

It still feels harsh to not submit strong songs like JAP Battle Rap, Where’s The Bathroom (with Tovah Feldshuh), I’m A Good Person and Face Your Fears (with Donna Lynne Champlin) but you’ve got to exclude something.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

West Covina is a show-tune with a big orchestral number and California jokes, plus it’s the opening number from the pilot which seems like an advantage. I think people who want to reward the show are likely to gravitate to it.

I agree that I think voters will gravitate towards that song in the same way that they tend to gravitate towards pilots but that is kind of a shame because I do not think it stands out as one of the strongest in my mind. I like Settle For Me as a submission choice because it has a simpler concept that will make sense to non-viewers. Then of course, we all thought Empire was s slam dunk in this category last year so CEG may get a whole lotta nohting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about what Crazy Ex-Girlfriend should submit. The “problem” is they have a lot of strong songs and they don’t want to split the vote by submitting too many. It’s really tricky to narrow them down.

I think they’ll go with West Covina, Feelin’ Kinda Naughty and Settle For Me. All three are among the ‘classier’ songs and all three are very catchy.

West Covina is a show-tune with a big orchestral number and California jokes, plus it’s the opening number from the pilot which seems like an advantage. It’s not the show’s strongest song, though. Still, if they only put up one song for nomination, it kind of feels inevitable that this has to be it.

Feeling Kinda Naughty is probably the show’s strongest song overall, in terms of comedy and catchiness, plus I imagine the Behind the Candelabra gag would go down well.

Settle for Me is sung by Santino Fontana and is probably the strongest song not sung by Bloom.

The latter two are co-written by two-time Emmy winner Adam Schlesinger.

I’m not convinced Emmy voters will appreciate things like Heavy Boobs, I Love My Daughter (But Not in a Creepy Way) and Sex with a Stranger, while You Stupid Bitch, Sexy French Depression and Sexy Getting Ready Song are a little blunt lyrically, especially when divorced from context. I Give Good Parent doesn’t feel like the sort of thing that would appeal to Emmy voters.

It still feels harsh to not submit strong songs like JAP Battle Rap, Where’s The Bathroom (with Tovah Feldshuh), I’m A Good Person and Face Your Fears (with Donna Lynne Champlin) but you’ve got to exclude something.

As long as “Heavy Boobs” gets in, its so great but disillusioning, its like finding out the ingredients to your favorite ice cream LOL!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully “Everything Stays” from the Adventure Time miniseries “Stakes.” I know the lyrics are by Rebecca Sugar and I think the music is too. I included the link below, check it out, its such a beautiful song.   🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu_oJR2psGY

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Feeling Kinda Naughty is kinda awful tho. They should stick with 1-2 submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I expect at least two nods for Empire here. The music has been stellar this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

How about the song on Agent Carter? During the musical dream sequence on 2×09.

ReplyCopy URL
    me123
    Participant
    Topics:

lin manuel miranda just sang an awesome song about puerto rico on last week tonight with john oliver last night – can he pull the trifecta this year and get a grammy (won), tony (most likely 3 or 4), and emmy this year?

that said, has anyone ever won 3 of the 4 EGOT awards in the same calendar year? I know many people have won 2 (i.e. song at both grammys and oscars, or emmy and oscar), but i cant think of anyone off the top of my head who has won 3 in the same year – oh yeah and miranda also just won the pulitzer…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Original Music and Lyrics (2016)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.