Home Forums Television Outstanding Animated Program (2014)

Outstanding Animated Program (2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

First one to do this. Sweet!

For the first time ever since they submitted episodes, The Simpsons has been omitted from the race and got snubbed at a nomination. Truly the biggest snub of the nominations, I don’t care what anyone says. But out of the ones who were nominated who will win?

I feel like this is a toss-up between Archer and Futurama. Even though I think Archer has a huge WTF factor and is not funny, it is overdue in this category and is beloved by many people. However, I think Futurama has a slight edge because it’s the series finale and I think the Emmys may want to give the show a goodbye hug and give it another win. I think the only one who doesn’t have a change is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Will Win: Futurama
    Should Win: Futurama
    Could Win: Archer, Bob’s Burgers or South Park
    Should Have Been Nominated: American Dad!, Rick & Morty 

Renaton
    Topics:

I love classic Simpsons, but I’m glad they were finally snubbed. The show sucks nowadays, and this is a especially good moment for animated TV for them to keep getting nominations based more on their past. 

I know Archer surprised by finally breaking through, but I think this is between Bob’s Burgers and Futurama, with the latter having the best shot, since it’s for their last season. Plus, they made an excellent episode pick and they clearly like the show, as it has won twice before. But I would not be surprised if BB did win. All three would make deserving winners this year though.

Will win: Futurama
    Should win: Bob’s Burgers 

ReplyCopy URL
    Nick Spake
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this race is really between Futurama and South Park. It’s all a
    matter of if the Emmy voters want to go for something intimate and
    touching with “Futurama” or big and epic with “South Park.” I also
    wouldn’t count out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles just yet. It could pull
    off a surprise win like Penguins of Madagascar did. Plus, the new series
    is actually pretty damn impressive and it’s great to see it nominated
    here, even if it meant shutting out Korra.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

The actual animation in the episode Archer submitted is pretty spectacular–the best of the bunch. Those looking at the technical aspects will be wowed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I like Black Friday, but I think the lack of conclusion might hurt it, since it’s so competitive this year. World War Zimmermann would’ve been a better choice, in my opinion. But South Park is always competitive no matter what. I haven’t watched that new Teenage Ninja Turtles show, but it would be really surprising to see it beating bigger, more adult-oriented contenders, lthough there’s precedent with the recent Madagascar win. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I still like the new Simpsons, but yeah it didn’t have the best season, although their submission for “Brick Like Me” was a very well-done episode.

I suspect South Park could sneak in and pull off another win, but I don’t think so because they just won last year. I am still going between Archer and Futurama.

Side-Note: None of the votes are getting in on the poll. Anyone else having that problem? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

It’ll be Futurama, South Park, or Bob’s Burgers, but I’m leaning towards South Park.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

None of the votes are getting in on the poll. Anyone else having that problem?

I have noticed this coming up lately.  If you open clear your cache or whatever, it should work.  What I do is go into private browsing mode when I want to see the results for a poll that my browser will for whatever reason not refresh.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Should Have Been Nominated: American Dad!

The conspiracy theorist in me came up with two reasons AD got snubbed:

First, it was a direct snub on Seth MacFarlane for the Family Guy joke where Peter turns to the camera and pretty much demands an Emmy, then they show some lame joke (a “pedophile concert” that features music “in A Minor”) and claim that the Emmy types would be all over it if Modern Family had done it instead.

Second, it was backlash for the whole Famliy Guy “Vinnie” thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]Should Have Been Nominated: American Dad!

The conspiracy theorist in me came up with two reasons AD got snubbed:

First, it was a direct snub on Seth MacFarlane for the Family Guy joke where Peter turns to the camera and pretty much demands an Emmy, then they show some lame joke (a “pedophile concert” that features music “in A Minor”) and claim that the Emmy types would be all over it if Modern Family had done it instead.

Second, it was backlash for the whole Famliy Guy “Vinnie” thing.
    [/quote]

My thought is that it’s not as popular as Family Guy is, and even though FG’s quality had gone down, it still has a pretty big fanbase. AD! is pretty much dead since it has been dropped by FOX but picked up by TBS. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Should’ve been there: ‘The Legend of Korra’. 

Out of what’s nominated, I’m all for ‘Futurama’ getting a final Emmy.  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Outstanding Animated Program (2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.