Home Forums Television All Three Emmy Animation Categories (Animated Program, Voice-Over, Short Format)

All Three Emmy Animation Categories (Animated Program, Voice-Over, Short Format)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think it’ll be a repeat of Archer, Bob’s Burgers, South Park, The Simpsons and miscellaneous other? Will BoJack Horseman or Rick and Morty finally break through? Will Steven Universe finally win Short Format? Will it be a repeat of The Simpsons and/or Family voice actors winning or will Will Arnett or Justin Roiland finally get nominated? What do you think?

Post your thoughts below.

That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: who votes in the voiceover category? The rules include it in both the Animation and Performer groups, so I am assuming that members of both branches decide the winner, which leaves it open to name-checking. I have a feeling Pine and Key are going to split the “name-check” vote, and Parker and Stone are going to split the “Trey & Matt” vote, and MacFarlane ends up winning “by default.”

Animated Program is a tricky one. If you ask me, “The Horse Rider-er” was a good episode of Bob’s Burgers (and a Tina episode – the voters seem to like those) except for the ending. I have a feeling South Park wins, mainly because the episode (businesses are being held hostage by people who threaten to give bad Yelp reviews) probably hits home with a lot of the voters. Of course, that assumes that people vote for the episode and not the series, in which case, it depends on how they felt about the whole PC Principal thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It really seems that they just gave up on The Simpsons performers. They are all excellent and frequently pull off great work, or there’s also the great actors in BoJack Horseman that nobody seems to pay attention to. I wish they could have more people actually vote and pay attention to the Voice-Over categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I decided to include Short Format Animation as a category in this thread. I have noticed that despite getting universal praise, Steven Universe has never won yet. My thought is because of the old-fashioned voters don’t like the LGBT themes in this show? I dunno.

I am a big fan of Nickelodeon’s The Loud House and I hope they give it a nomination next year. It’s easily the best comedy on the show since SpongeBob.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The ONLY category I care about is “Steven Universe” (The Answer) WINNING Short-Form Animated Program. My #1 favorite episode of my #1 favorite TV show of all time!

Especially when the other nominees all range from crap (Powerpuff 2016 and Spongebob (YES, it’s still on the air!)) to mediocre (the Robot Chicken episode and Adventure Time “Hall of Egress”), if literally anything other than Rebecca Sugar’s epic, one-of-a-kind masterpiece Steven Universe wins the Award, homophobia will be the only reason why.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I always enjoy Teridax blatant fanboying. It brings a smile to my face. Never change, dude.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I always enjoy Teridax blatant fanboying. It brings a smile to my face. Never change, dude.

Don’t worry, I won’t! 😉

I think its pretty cool to have a “Steven Universe” fanboy on here instead of all the usual “Americans” and “Leftovers” fanboys (and fangirls) that already inhabit this forum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see Trollhunters get in for Animated Program, Yelchin or Grammer get in for Voice-Over Performing for Trollhunters and my two new favourite shows ever The Loud House and Milo Murphy’s Law get in for Short-Form Animation (also any of the actors from those two shows in Voice-Over Performance).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I have a feeling Trollhunters will be a major contendor. I was hoping it would gain popularity and launch into pop culture- thus justifying it to submit in drama- but that didn’t happen. It’ll propobly win animation.

Holefully Rick and Morty airs in time so it can finally get nominated and win what it deserves. I would love to see it finally get nominated and win- and then the team submitting it in comedy to gain some traction. It’s a heck of a lot better than family guy.

Also, can animated shows get writing or directing nominations in comedy or drama even if they submit as best animated series?

I’m looking forward to Waterbridge Down. I expect it to submit in limited series though.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, can animated shows get writing or directing nominations in comedy or drama even if they submit as best animated series?

Going by the 2016 rules:

For writing: yes, and, in fact, writers entered as part of the staff for the episode entered for Animated Program may enter Comedy or Drama Series Writing separately for a different episode.

For directing: from what I can tell, animation directors cannot enter Comedy or Drama Series Directing. If I am reading this right, this applies even if the show itself is entered in the Comedy or Drama Series category, although the animation director receives an Emmy if the show wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Trollhunters will be a major contendor. I was hoping it would gain popularity and launch into pop culture- thus justifying it to submit in drama- but that didn’t happen. It’ll propobly win animation.

Holefully Rick and Morty airs in time so it can finally get nominated and win what it deserves. I would love to see it finally get nominated and win- and then the team submitting it in comedy to gain some traction. It’s a heck of a lot better than family guy.

I’m looking forward to Waterbridge Down. I expect it to submit in limited series though.

I dunno. They tend not to stray away from “Archer”, “Bob’s Burgers”, “The Simpsons”, “South Park” and one surprise nomination every year. I would love it if BoJack Horseman or Rick and Morty get in (and Will Arnett or Justin Roiland in for VO) but I am getting discouraged.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Rick and Morty is the best written comedy right now possibly since cheers. It should have many writing noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Rick and Morty is the best written comedy right now possibly since cheers. It should have many writing noms.

Since Cheers??? I think you mean since I Love Lucy. Rick and Morty is easily the best comedy on TV, but the Emmys seem to think it can be passed over again and again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t quite go THAT far, but yes I do really like Rick and Morty and it easily should’ve been nominated for both seasons. The Rixty Minutes episode was ingenious IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

What does everybody think about the upcoming waterbridge down

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.