Home Forums Television OUTSTANDING CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE (2017)

OUTSTANDING CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE (2017)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
OUTSTANDING CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE (2017)
American Dad!, Dee Bradley Baker
Bob's Burgers, Kevin Kline
BoJack Horseman, Kristen Schaal
F is for Family, Mo Collins
Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane
The Simpsons, Nancy Cartwright
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Who will win Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance? Will it be favourites like Seth MacFarlane or Nancy Cartwright? Or will it be someone else completely like veteran voice actor Dee Bradley Baker, Academy Award winner Kevin Kline, rising star voice actor Kristen Schaal or… the “not-quite Nelson Muntz” bully on F is for Family.

Nick Spake
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one that’s bumbed that Adam West didn’t get a goodbye nomination her for Family Guy? Even at the show’s worst, he was always a riot. Nice career nomination for the great Dee Bradley Baker, although the equally great Tara Strong also should’ve gotten some overdue love for Samurai Jack. As for this list, I’ll go with Kevin Kline because he’s Kevin Kline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Well it was announced that Adam West will be in five final Family Guy episodes next season, so maybe they will nominate him next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Bustillos
    Participant
    Topics:

What do the actors on Steven Universe have to do to get nominations? Zach Callison, Estelle and, this season, Patti Lupone! Zach and Estelle put so much heart on their performance, and Lupone is Lupone. And speaking of SU, WHERE ARE THE SONGS!? They nominated Mr. Greg, a music-based episode, but none of the songs??? And Patti’s “What’s the Used of Feeling, Blue”! Outrageous.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

What do the actors on Steven Universe have to do to get nominations? Zach Callison, Estelle and, this season, Patti Lupone! Zach and Estelle put so much heart on their performance, and Lupone is Lupone. And speaking of SU, WHERE ARE THE SONGS!? They nominated Mr. Greg, a music-based episode, but none of the songs??? And Patti’s “What’s the Used of Feeling, Blue”! Outrageous.

AGREED! Michaela Dietz’s Amethyst had such an amazing arc this season! “Crack The Whip” and “Steven vs. Amethyst” would all have been perfect episode submissions. “And Patti’s “What’s the Used of Feeling, Blue”! Outrageous.” I know… of all the song snubs that one hurts perhaps the very most. Last year “Something Entirely New” got robbed of a nomination for Music and Lyrics as well.

IF ANYTHING beats Steven Universe for the Emmy (especially that godawful Teen Titans Go!), WE RIOT. 😐

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Bustillos
    Participant
    Topics:

AGREED! Michaela Dietz’s Amethyst had such an amazing arc this season! “Crack The Whip” and “Steven vs. Amethyst” would all have been perfect episode submissions. “And Patti’s “What’s the Used of Feeling, Blue”! Outrageous.” I know… of all the song snubs that one hurts perhaps the very most. Last year “Something Entirely New” got robbed of a nomination for Music and Lyrics as well.

IF ANYTHING beats Steven Universe for the Emmy (especially that godawful Teen Titans Go!), WE RIOT. ????

we should. Every year they keep ignoring the beautiful songs. “Stronger Than You”, “Full Disclosure”, “It’s Over, Isn’t It?”, “Here Comes a Thought”. It’s criminal how they get ignored.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Bustillos
    Participant
    Topics:

and when are they gonna recognize writing on animation?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say around the twelfth of never.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I really like the nominations for Kristen Schaal and Mo Collins here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’d say around the twelfth of never.

That’s not true. Once Steven Spielberg makes an animated show staring Meryl Streep and Leonardo DiCaprio and written by Quentin Tarentino than it’ll win all of the Emmys, including writing.

But in all seriousness, Kiersten Schaal is out for the win. Way overdue. I am predicting her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Also, we should watch out for Waterbridge down next year. It’s an animated netflix limited series with an A list cast and crew. I would love to see it submit limited series and dominate. Thats next year though so…

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably around the time the writers’ union does. Having animation writers covered by WGA was one of the original demands in the writers’ strike, but it was dropped in negotiations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Bustillos
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably around the time the writers’ union does. Having animation writers covered by WGA was one of the original demands in the writers’ strike, but it was dropped in negotiations.

I hope they come around cause each year animated shows are getting better with their writing (except TTG and Family Guy).

ReplyCopy URL
    Pieman1994
    Participant
    Topics:

I almost forgot Kristen Schall on BoJack. Then I remembered. If voters watch the episodes, she’s a lock-and-a-half.

That ending…

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I almost forgot Kristen Schall on BoJack. Then I remembered. If voters watch the episodes, she’s a lock-and-a-half.

That ending…

She is even more of a lock when you consider how great she was in the Bob’s Burgers episode submitted for Animated Program, “Bob Actually.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: OUTSTANDING CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE (2017)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.