Home Forums Television Outstanding Drama Series 2017

Outstanding Drama Series 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 144 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
  • forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Please go back in the Stranger Things forums. Everybody was saying that the demographic was too young and that its not an Emmy show. That is exactly what people are saying about 13 Reasons Why. The buzz was so huge that everybody is watching it. Hell, my mom called me to tell me that she binged the whole show, and she hates TV.

Stranger Things is partially an homage to 80s pop culture though so automatically has a wider interest demographic than 13 Reasons Why which, in terms of it’s form and setting at least, is little different to other more outwardly teen dramas.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t you say all the same things for the walking dead as 13 reasons why? I really don’t think 13 reasons why was as big as Stranger Things either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Can’t you say all the same things for the walking dead as 13 reasons why? I really don’t think 13 reasons why was as big as Stranger Things either.

by the time TWD became a phenomenon it lost acclaim. I do think it eventually would have broken through if it maintained quality.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s not controversy around Stranger Things and is universally loved while the subject matter of 13 Reasons Why is very divisive, not everybody like the romantization of suicide of teenagers

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The GOT Metacritic score from last year is only from the first episode. The season got significantly more critically acclaimed as time went on. And IMDB is not a valid source on whether or not something is critically acclaimed. And Stranger Things was much more of a phenomenon than 13 Reasons Why was.

Which is why I also included Metacritic and RT. So if you wanna be really specific about the Metacritic scores: 13 Reasons Why has more critical acclaim according to Metacritic than the season premiere of a critics choice winning drama series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

The Americans
    Better Call Saul
    The Crown
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    Stranger Things
    This Is Us
    Westworld

Next in line: House of Cards; Homeland

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The Americans
    Better Call Saul
    The Crown
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    Stranger Things
    This Is Us
    Westworld

Next in line: House of Cards; Homeland

WOW, those are the exact same 7 as mine! I had Ray Donovan getting in for the longest time, but I feel like the buzz has really died down around that show, whereas The Handmaid’s Tale’s buzz has only gotten stronger and more passionate since it premiered. I switched out Donovan for Handmaid’s, and am feeling pretty comfortable with my decision so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

Cut the crap. 13 Reasons Why is being watched by all type of people and no one is delusional who predicts it. There is no such thing as teen drama, there is only a drama featuring teens. Let’s not dismiss the whole support for the show. It’s also a very reasonable choice for those last spots. A very effective story, with great actors in it, dealing with a serious subject matter told in the eyes of teenagers. It would be 100% worthy for a nomination, even a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

According to this…

But unlike Stranger Things, or most renewed Netflix shows, the talk around 13 Reasons Why hasn’t all been positive. According to Taykey, a real-time audience data company, the sentiment of online conversations around the show was 66 percent negative a month after its release, compared to 12 percent for Stranger Things after a month and 45 percent for The Handmaid’s Tale two weeks after its premiere. It’s not just the target teen audience discussing the show—it’s also their concerned caretakers. The press has joined in, too, as the show’s controversy has spawned media coverage aplenty: In the six weeks since launch, 13 Reasons Why has garnered more than 2 million news mentions, compared to 324,000 in 10 days for the well-publicized, think-piece-prompting Handmaid’s Tale.

————-

A lot of people watched it, yes, but there’s way too much negative press about it. No awards group is going to touch it…not maybe MTV will, next year

ReplyCopy URL
    Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Repost cuz my initial post is awaiting approval and I can’t delete it…

According to this

But unlike Stranger Things, or most renewed Netflix shows, the talk around 13 Reasons Why hasn’t all been positive. According to Taykey, a real-time audience data company, the sentiment of online conversations around the show was 66 percent negative a month after its release, compared to 12 percent for Stranger Things after a month and 45 percent for The Handmaid’s Tale two weeks after its premiere. It’s not just the target teen audience discussing the show—it’s also their concerned caretakers. The press has joined in, too, as the show’s controversy has spawned media coverage aplenty: In the six weeks since launch, 13 Reasons Why has garnered more than 2 million news mentions, compared to 324,000 in 10 days for the well-publicized, think-piece-prompting Handmaid’s Tale.

————-

A lot of people watched it, yes, but there’s way too much negative press about it. No awards group is going to touch it…maybe MTV will, next year

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood people are hypocritical. Yes, this is a show about suicidal teenagers, but that doesn’t mean it that teenagers will kill themselves after watching it. It’s like suggesting all dark shows are making people do bad stuff to others. Nonsense. People won’t become murderers for watching Dexter.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  SayMyName.
    ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

That suicide scene was definitely triggering for a lot of people whether you want to admit it or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

That suicide scene was definitely triggering for a lot of people whether you want to admit it or not.

You just simply dislike the show and find the negative message in it. I personally find a good message in it: don’t be rude to others, you don’t know what might their reactions be. We are all responsible for each other.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

You just simply dislike the show and find the negative message in it. I personally find a good message in it: don’t be rude to others, you don’t know what might their reactions be. We are all responsible for each other.

What does this have to do with what I said?

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s move on. I don’t think that this show negative effects anyone.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 144 total)
Reply To: Outstanding Drama Series 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.