Television

Home // Forums // Television

This forum contains 4,347 topics and 182,395 replies, and was last updated by  hats-off 51 seconds ago.

Viewing 15 topics - 4,216 through 4,230 (of 4,345 total)
    • Topic
    • Views
    • 2008-2009 Emmy TV Season Episode Grades and Analysis
      MicheBel

GOLD DERBY ARCHIVE   Originally posted by taloson:Throughout the 2008-2009 television season,

MicheBel

Originally posted by Leobas:30 ROCK 3.01 • "Do-Over" – A-3.02 • "Believe in the Stars" • A+3.03 • "The One With the Cast of Night Court" • B-3.04 • "Gavin Volure" • B3.05 • "Reunion" • B3.06 •

Started by:  MicheBel

• Views 419
    • Posts 9
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

MicheBel

• Has anyone else seen “The Hour” on BBC America?
      24Emmy

The first 4 episodes were okay, but episode 5 was excellent and has me excited for the finale next w

Daniel Montgomery

I really hope they don't try to pretend this is a miniseries. I'm certain it doesn't have a prayer in the drama categories, but Emmy changed its rules after "Thief" and "Sleeper Cell" pulled that con job specifically to prevent series from masqueradi

Started by:  Daniel Montgomery

• Views 347
    • Posts 7
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

Daniel Montgomery

• Will any new broadcast dramas receive major Emmy nominations?
      Trent

Smash may get in to lead actress drama for Katherine McPhee and Emmy winner Debra Messing, as well a

BenitoDelicias

I forgot about Smash. That could be it like you all say. On the cable side, there's that Dustin Hoffman show, and Don Cheadle's show. I still don't know if these are comedies or dramas. I also doubt they'll have Glee AND Smash together on the comedy

Started by:  sorcery

• Views 272
    • Posts 6
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

BenitoDelicias

• Official THE KILLING thread, Season 1
      MicheBel

Originally posted by Dr. McPhearson:From the clips that I've seen, Michelle Forbes seems terrific. A

MicheBel

Originally posted by robbypop:As I said, episodes 2-8 were not good at all, and then they placated me in episodes 9-12 with what the show could have been and what I was told it was going to be.  But it was not genuine because they went back on a

1 2

Started by:  MicheBel

• Views 1016
    • Posts 18
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

MicheBel

• I’m sorry
      Richard LeBeau

Agreed.

MicheBel

Good grief, I hate that separation. Makes it very anticlimactic. Also, all the comedy folks leave when their categories are through. No suspense at all this way.

Started by:  LostBoy2003

• Views 384
    • Posts 7
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

MicheBel

• 2011 Emmy Wrap Up
      sorcery

What I've concluded is that the Emmy winners (and – why not? – nominees) have and always

MicheBel

I got 12 according to Gold Derby's selections, but if you factor in Writing and Directing nods (which I did), I got 16 right (9 wrong).   And I have to say, the ones I got wrong (in the case of Chandler and McCarthy) I was so over the moon hap

Started by:  Tony Ruiz

• Views 260
    • Posts 6
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

MicheBel

• Which Emmy Winners won with a bad episode?
      Trent

Oh what a fun topic! My personal favorite is:   Jon Cryer: "Sir Lancelot's Literbox" (he most

Richard LeBeau

[quote="OperaJunky"] Wow Rich...I thought I was alone in that opinion...but I totally agree. [/quote]   As one poster noted, the finale was brave and real ---- in concept.  The idea that Will Truman and Grace Adler's codependent, volati

1 2

Started by:  Karl William

• Views 541
    • Posts 19
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

Richard LeBeau

• Who will be this year’s shockers?
      Ryan_Fernand

Many people were predicting Parsons to win last year and (although many were not predicting him to w

LostBoy2003

just watch Jon Cryer win. It was so unexpected 2 years ago and I could see it happening again. Plus if the rumors are true and Charlie Sheen is in attendance than I am sure the voters would love to cut to a reaction shot like that.

Started by:  Trent

• Views 595
    • Posts 12
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

LostBoy2003

• COMEDY SERIES Comments
      Karl William

For Comedy Series I think it's going to Modern Family, I don't see anyone else winning. Their submis

J

Here are my thougths on the races for Comedy Series, Directing, and Writing! Hope I'm right. Directing is making me nervous. Go to awardsfreak.com to see my predictions. 

Started by:  Chris Beachum

• Views 7255
    • Posts 14
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

J

• Submissions you don’t like, but everyone else does.
      Daniel Montgomery

Julianna Margulies in "In Sickness." I tuned back into the show because the episode was being heavil

Trent

I knew this thread would be about Flu Season.   She's not out of the race because the episode is broad comedy. It's physical humor and acted well.   But I agree that Plimpton is probably in front of her AND Linney.

Started by:  Morgan Henard

• Views 182
    • Posts 3
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

Trent

• Official 2011 EMMY CEREMONY Reactions Thread
      Chris Beachum

ORDER OF CATEGORIES:1. Best Comedy Supporting Actress2. Best Comedy Supporting Actor3. Best Comedy D

Chris Beachum

Also, based on seat cards and a few contacts, here is who can be confirmed to attend among the performers. DRAMA NOMINEES -- All confirmed except for Mireille Enos (who has been in England filming lately so she may not be back) COMEDY NOMINEES -- All

Started by:  Chris Beachum

• Views 204
    • Posts 4
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

Chris Beachum

• 1st Annual Green Socks TV Awards
      That Don Guy

[quote="Ryan_Fernand"] Outstanding Voice-Over Performance -Leslie David Baker, The Office -Danny

Ryan_Fernand

Outstanding Television Program -The Walking Dead (David Alpert, Frank Darabont, Charles H. Eglee, Gale Anne Hurd & Robert Kirkman)   This was, from beginning to end, an entertaining first season for a much hyped program.  The sh

Started by:  Ryan_Fernand

• Views 436
    • Posts 10
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
      6 years ago

Ryan_Fernand

Viewing 15 topics - 4,216 through 4,230 (of 4,345 total)
Create New Topic in “Television”

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

One option per line. Max 10 options

How many days till expiration? Leave blank to last forever.