Home Forums Television

Television

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL

This forum contains 4,471 topics and 187,100 replies, and was last updated by  Guest2014 5 hours, 42 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 topics - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 4,470 total)
Switch Forum
    • Topic
    • Views
    • Should Showtime Give Tara Another Year?
      Riley

I have only seen one episode of the show, but the show should probably be thankful that it got three

Katie

The first season was fabulous, the 2nd season left a lot to be desired.  This most recent...ehhh...better than the last, but not great.   Personally, I won't miss it. It was okay, but I don't care.  It became stagnant.  I have t

Started by:  Trent

• Views 356
    • Posts 3
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • 2011 Television Critics Association nominees
      Daniel Montgomery

As usual, a dearth of women: only 3 out of 12 individual achievement nominees (Amy Poehler, Margo Ma

RJ

Can someone explain to me how Restrepo is eligible for TV awards when it was nominated for an Oscar earlier this year?  I had assumed that its Oscar-qualifying theatrical run would have forfeited television awards-eligibility...

Started by:  Daniel Montgomery

• Views 373
    • Posts 5
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Official FALLING SKIES Thread
      Spenser Davis

Episode Title: "Live and Learn"   Synopsis: [i]The world is left in tatters after a sudden,

Spenser Davis

Episode Title: "Live and Learn"   Synopsis: [i]The world is left in tatters after a sudden, unprovoked and unexplained invasion by aliens, leaving the planet’s remaining human population to fight for survival against the occupiers.[/i

Started by:  Spenser Davis

• Views 259
    • Posts 2
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Shows We Are Over/Under-Crediting
      Riley

Game of Thrones Justified The Killing Parks and Recreation   Who knows how well any of tho

Robert William McCormack

I echo the sentiment about "The Big C". It reminds me a lot of "Nurse Jackie" last year, and I think it's going to shock a lot of people with nominations in Series, Lead Actress (Linney), Supporting Actor (Platt), Directing, Guest Actor (

• Views 605
    • Posts 9
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Comedy Lead Actress…Linney a lock to win?
      Ryan_Fernand

Laura Linney is not a lock, but she is the frontrunner.  I actually see Edie Falco to be her bi

Trent

I just re-watched the Pilot of The Big C and now I can easily say that Linney will not win this category. She is definitely a frontrunner, but she will not win. And there's one major reason why: she's a character actress. She is known for her he

1 2 3

Started by:  Alijah Purdy

• Views 1620
    • Posts 35
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Nomination Leaders
      Trent

Mildred Pierce will lead. For drama is will be between Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men. For c

iskolar

Mildred Pierce will probably lead among all the contenders. Boardwalk Empire is in a close fight with Mad Men in the Drama categories while I think Glee will still maintain the most number of nominations in the Comedy series.   For major nods,

Started by:  Ryan_Fernand

• Views 6
    • Posts 5
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Should The Emmy’s Create a Genre Screening Panel?
      Conrado

I think even with that panel, shows like Glee and Nurse Jackie would still be in the comedy categori

iskolar

I don't know what the deal is because if you look at the current winners in the comedy categories for the last five years, there is a rare occurrence of dramedic performance.   2010: Modern Family, Parsons, [b]Falco[/b], Stonestreet, Lynch,

• Views 523
    • Posts 9
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • 2011 Emmy Ballot Reactions & Comments
      Daniel Montgomery

Here's the link to each of the individual ballots.

EmmyLoser

Jim Rash was GREAT in that conspiracy theories episode.  Him getting a nom would make me so happy.  Alison Brie was also fantastic in that episode, although I have a hard time picking tapes for her.  There are about six episodes where

1 2

Started by:  Chris Beachum

• Views 1269
    • Posts 28
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • What categories are you agonizing over?
      Trent

The problem with comedy lead actress is the number of non-comedy actresses competing in that categor

Katie

The drama categories almost seem to be set in stone.   I'm really crossing my fingers for Parks & Rec and Community.    My realistic hope for Community is that McHale gets a lead actor nod.  (And Carrell wins the Emmy.) &

Started by:  Marcus James Dixon

• Views 379
    • Posts 4
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Races That Are Already Over
      iskolar

Yeah I agree with Kate Winslet. She'll have her E in EGOT, and is just a Tony away. Maggie SMith too

babypook

[quote="katie"] also, Charlie Sheen can go fuck himself.  I'm fine with him going on a bender, I'm fine with him on being on a crappy tv show (and don't kid yourself, it's a crappy show), but publically insulting the writers...we're done, sir.&

1 2 3

Started by:  Spenser Davis

• Views 1513
    • Posts 31
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • What Makes Glee So Special?
      EmmyLoser

As an unabashed Gleek, I can tell you that I really enjoy many aspects of the show: many of the char

Katie

Glee-D: The Movie...in 3D.  Yet another way for Glee to take advantage of its fanbase (and their parents)...as if the songs sold on iTunes and the tour wasn't enough. Glee-D seems inevitable, to be honest...trademark that stat!   In fairn

1 2

• Views 1826
    • Posts 22
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Poll: What Will Win Best Drama Series
      Ryan_Fernand

I think The Good Wife will pull off the upset.  Recently, the argument that a network series ha

Pedro José Ovalles

I'm watching right now Mad Men season 4 in HBO latinamerica, and to me it has been really good. I also watched Boardwalk Empire last year, but I got bored about the sixth episode. I also watched the entire season two of The Good Wife. Based on what

Started by:  Tom O’Neil

• Views 553
    • Posts 10
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
Viewing 15 topics - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 4,470 total)
Create New Topic in “Television”

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

One option per line. Max 10 options

How many days till expiration? Leave blank to last forever.