Peter Pan Live! (12/4)

Home // Forums // Television // Peter Pan Live! (12/4)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Kelli O’Hara To Play Mrs. Darling In NBC’s ‘Peter Pan’ Live Musical

by The Deadline Team    

September 9, 2014 2:32pm

Five-time Tony nominee Kelli O’Hara has joined the cast of NBC’s live production of Peter Pan. She will play Mrs. Darling, wife of George Darling (Christian Borle) and mother of the Darling kids, opposite Allison Williams’ Peter Pan and Christopher Walken’s Captain Hook. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are executive producing the special, NBC’s follow to the hugely successful live staging of The Sound Of Music, which they also produced. Peter Pan is slated to air December 4.

O’Hara received Tony noms for The Bridges of Madison County (2014), Nice Work If You Can Get It (2012), South Pacific (2008), The Pajama Game (2006) and The Light in the Piazza (2005). Her other Broadway credits include Follies, Sweet Smell Of Success: The Musical and Jekyll & Hyde. Her film work includes Sex And The City 2 and The Dying Gaul.

SkyLight
      Participant
      Topics:

Love Kelli O’Hara. Shames she hasn’t been given more TV work. Hopefully after King & I closes, she’ll get more opportunities.

ReplyCopy URL
      adamunc
      Participant
      Topics:

It’s very odd that they cast the golden-throated O’Hara in a role with almost no singing. But hey, if it raises her profile, then good on her.

ReplyCopy URL
      vinny
      Participant
      Topics:

It’s very odd that they cast the golden-throated O’Hara in a role with almost no singing. But hey, if it raises her profile, then good on her.

It’s a non singing role?! I don’t know a lot about this particular musical but if they are letting Walken sing and not her they made a big mistake.   

ReplyCopy URL
      adamunc
      Participant
      Topics:

^^Unless they make changes (which is always possible, I guess), Mrs. Darling’s only singing us the first verse of “Tender Shepherd”.

ReplyCopy URL
      Irishmovielover4ever
      Participant
      Topics:

There aren’t really any other female roles outside Peter and Wendy worth a note and while Mrs. Darling will not be the biggest role it will be great to O’Hara join the NBC musical family and maybe when they do more musicals they will look to her think of Borle who is coming back. I wonder who they are going to cast as Wendy especially I feel Laura Osnes would be the best choice.

ReplyCopy URL
      24Emmy
      Participant
      Topics:

Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join ‘Peter Pan Live!’

by The Deadline Team    
       September 22, 2014 1:50pm

Taylor Louderman and Alanna Saunders have been cast opposite Allison Williams, Kelli O’Hara and Christian Borle in NBC’s Peter Pan Live! Louderman will play Wendy Darling, one of the three Darling children and the daughter of George (Borle) and Mary Darling (O’Hara). Saunders will play Tiger Lily, the Native American who rules her “islanders” on Neverland and is captured by Captain Hook, only to be rescued by Peter Pan (Williams). She returns the favor by joining forces with Peter, Wendy, Michael, John and the Lost Boys to thwart the dastardly plan of the Captain. Louderman had a lead role in Broadway’s Bring It On: The Musical and appeared in touring productions of Annie, Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Grease and Aida. Saunders stage credits include Gypsy, with Leslie Uggams, and A Chorus Line. Peter Pan Live! airs on Thursday, December 4 at 8 PM.

ReplyCopy URL
      24Emmy
      Participant
      Topics:
      ReplyCopy URL
      vinny
      Participant
      Topics:

So I actually like this poster. Was expecting the worst but this is actually pretty eye catching.  

ReplyCopy URL
      KyleBailey
      Participant
      Topics:
      ReplyCopy URL
      Riley
      Participant
      Topics:

I knew that Williams was in this, but I miraculously missed the part where she is playing the eponymous character.

ReplyCopy URL
      24Emmy
      Participant
      Topics:

Minnie Driver joins NBC’s ‘Peter Pan Live!’

By James Hibberd on Nov 5, 2014 at 3:40PM

Image Credit: Getty Images 

NBC found its latest Peter Pan Live! cast member pretty close to home: Minnie Driver, who currently co-stars in the network’s sitcom About a Boy, has signed on to play grown-up Wendy Darling in the live event as well as the show’s narrator.

The actress, who was Emmy nominated earlier this year for her role in the Lifetime movie Return to Zero, joins Allison Williams in the title role Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.  

“We’re thrilled to have Minnie as part of this Peter Pan adventure,” said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment. “She appears in the final emotional scene when Peter returns to the Darling home years later only to realize Wendy is now grown up and has a daughter of her own, but you’ll also hear her voice throughout the movie since Adult Wendy is also our narrator. She’s a classy addition to our wonderful cast.”

Spoiler alert, I guess?

Also in Pan-ville, NBC will air a behind-the-scenes special, The Making of Peter Pan Live, on Wednesday, Nov. 26 at 8 p.m. Peter Pan Live! will air Thursday, Dec. 4.

ReplyCopy URL
      vinny
      Participant
      Topics:

Minnie Driver joins NBC’s ‘Peter Pan Live!’

By James Hibberd on Nov 5, 2014 at 3:40PM

Image Credit: Getty Images 

NBC found its latest Peter Pan Live! cast member pretty close to home: Minnie Driver, who currently co-stars in the network’s sitcom About a Boy, has signed on to play grown-up Wendy Darling in the live event as well as the show’s narrator.

The actress, who was Emmy nominated earlier this year for her role in the Lifetime movie Return to Zero, joins Allison Williams in the title role Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.  

“We’re thrilled to have Minnie as part of this Peter Pan adventure,” said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment. “She appears in the final emotional scene when Peter returns to the Darling home years later only to realize Wendy is now grown up and has a daughter of her own, but you’ll also hear her voice throughout the movie since Adult Wendy is also our narrator. She’s a classy addition to our wonderful cast.”

Spoiler alert, I guess?

Also in Pan-ville, NBC will air a behind-the-scenes special, The Making of Peter Pan Live, on Wednesday, Nov. 26 at 8 p.m. Peter Pan Live! will air Thursday, Dec. 4.

Now this is AWESOME. I could watch this woman read the phone book.

ReplyCopy URL
      Tye-Grr
      Topics:

‘Peter Pan LIVE’ has a teaser, and Allison Williams sounds terrific in it and she looks great. I’m actually looking forward to this now: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/peter-pan-trailer-allison-williams-christopher-walken-sing-1201360260/

ReplyCopy URL
      KyleBailey
      Participant
      Topics:

Well that was something. At least it wasn’t a tragic bomb like Sound of Music Live. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    Reply To: Peter Pan Live! (12/4)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.