PILOT SEASON 2013

Home // Forums // Television // PILOT SEASON 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Kind of like the old forums in terms of posting news in one thread, this can serve as the official thread to post and discuss the pilots up for consideration for the upcoming 2013-2014 network television season.

THR has a GREAT hub that has all of this information.

PILOT SEASON HOMEPAGE
    TV Pilots 2013: The Complete Guide 

Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping that the comedy pilot that NBC passed on last year from Roseanne and John Goodman gets picked up by another network. And I’m also hoping the sitcom that was supposed to feature Doris Roberts, Margo Martindale, and Delta Burke gets re-booted with the same cast. It’s a shame it only didn’t go on because of a Delta Burke injury.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Just proving the not so secret secret that the Wood is full of copycats here’s an interesting article from Deadline that gives us a peek to what the suits thinks is hot and what we could be seeing in the upcoming television season.

My response is lets see how the ratings are after the long hiatus to start coining cute nicknames, Nellie -_- 

ReplyCopy URL
    uncreativename
    Topics:

I always look to Deadline when it comes to pilot season — can’t even go on THR without realizing how much of a joke they are.

Toni Collette is starring in a pilot for CBS which sounds pretty promising; it’d be nice to have her back on TV. I also know Sarah Michelle Gellar is developing a comedy for FOX but I am not sure where that is in the process.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Was looking for a Deadline link also, but couldn’t find it until now.

Primetime Pilot Panic

And speaking of ladies the Goldderby community loves, I have also read that Rose Byrne is a hot commodity. She’s wanting to do a comedy, which I think is good b/c after “Bridesmaids” she is in that group that can do comedy and drama really well. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Rich Landry
    Participant
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2013/02/07/the-mccarthys-cast-jacki-weaver-cbs/

I couldn’t be more excited for this project now. I hope it gets picked up, I think Jacki Weaver is just so great! I’d love to see her win major awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    uncreativename
    Topics:

Sarah Michelle Gellar To Star In CBS’ Robin Williams Comedy Pilot

Buffy The Vampire Slayer alumna Sarah Michelle Gellar has been tapped as the female lead opposite Robin Williams in David E. Kelley’s CBS comedy pilot Crazy Ones. Written/exec produced by Kelley and directed/exec produced by Jason Winer, Crazy Ones
    is set in the world of advertising and stars Williams as Simon
    (Williams), the brilliant head of an ad agency working alongside his
    daughter Sydney (Gellar), the agency’s creative director. 20th Century
    TV is producing.

Gellar was recently attached to a 20th TV comedy spec, and I hear
    that the studio wanted to stay in business with her after that spec
    didn’t go. This marks the first live-action comedy series gig for
    Gellar, who starred in the CW drama Ringer last season. She is repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/sarah-michelle-gellar-to-star-in-cbs-robin-williams-comedy-pilot/

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

This sounds really exciting for Gellar, it’s a nice step to get away from Buffy and specially Ringer. I want to watch this show a lot now that she’s in it along with James Wolk and having Robin Williams can’t hurt. I like that it’s single camera, I don’t know if I want to watch a multi cam sitcom with Robin Williams, which is what I thought this was before all the casting began and I read more about the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/15/kyle-chandler-vatican/

And Chandler makes his post-FNL return to TV. I’ll be watching this for sure. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/15/kyle-chandler-vatican/

Showtime + Kyle chandler = Can’t fucking wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah pretty good on Kyle Chandler’s part that he went for cable and not some so-called “high profile” show on a network that was never going to take off, like every other “high profile” show that gets cancelled right away.

Also, Krysten Ritter already has a pilot lined up. Pretty quick considering Apartment 23 was cancelled 5 minutes ago. I also want James Van Der Beek somewhere now, he was the best part of that show…well, the whole cast deserves another chance right away. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”FNLFan89″]http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/15/kyle-chandler-vatican/

Showtime + Kyle chandler = Can’t fucking wait for it!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

+ Ridley Scott!!! 

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”hadilf”][quote=”FNLFan89″]http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/15/kyle-chandler-vatican/

Showtime + Kyle chandler = Can’t fucking wait for it!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

+ Ridley Scott!!! [/quote]

The Vatican is my most anticipated upcoming show now.

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

Maybe we should use this thread for the 2013 upfronts?

NBC has given 22-episode renewals to “Revolution”, “Chicago Fire”, “Grimm”, “Parenthood” and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”.

The CW has renewed “Hart of Dixie” and “Beauty and the Beast” and it has picked up its first new series for next season, “The Originals” (a “Vampire Diaries” spin-off).

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

BUMP

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Reply To: PILOT SEASON 2013

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.