Home Forums Television Predictions/Discussions/Hopes for the 2012 Emmy Ceremony (Non-Awards Related)

Predictions/Discussions/Hopes for the 2012 Emmy Ceremony (Non-Awards Related)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
TV12
efficiency
Bill Buchanan
  • Trent
    Topics:

For those of you who, like me, care about all the little details of the show from a production level, this is the thread for us to discuss the creative decisions that the producers and director might make on Emmy night.

For example, my current prediction is that the comedy montage will use the song “Scream” by Usher and the drama montage will use the song “Lights” by Ellie Goulding.

Feel free to discuss. 

Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

When the winner is announced for each category, I hope they use the theme song of the winning show as the recipient comes on stage instead of the pop mix they used last year. Although you could hear some parts of the theme songs in certain cases last year (MF, Dinklage, Katims etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

When the winner is announced for each category, I hope they use the theme song of the winning show as the recipient comes on stage instead of the pop mix they used last year. Although you could hear some parts of the theme songs in certain cases last year (MF, Dinklage, Katims etc.)

I feel the same, that was a horrible decision that I entirely blame on Mark Burnett, a.k.a “Mr. I Know What The Young Kids Like.” It felt like he was turning the Emmys into the Teen Choice Awards.

You could even recognize some of the songs they were playing. Looking at some old clips, you could tell that they were playing Coldplay’s “Clocks” for Julianna Margulies and “Viva la Vida” for Kate Winslet. I’m pretty sure that recognizable songs were playing for Chandler and Martindale as well, but I’m not sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Which categories will they announce at the ceremony ( not the creative arts emmy’s )?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Participant
    Topics:

Which categories will they announce at the ceremony ( not the creative arts emmy’s )?

These, times three for drama, comedy and movie/miniseries
    Series
    Lead Actor
    Lead Actress
    Supp. Actor
    Supp. Actress
    Directing
    Writing 

ReplyCopy URL
    TV12
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^Not this year. The academy has a deal that they will present the miniseries and variety writing/directing awards every other year at the Primetime telecast. In 2010, they were absent and last year they were present. Therefore, this year they will be absent again.

The awards presented at the telecast this year (barring any random changes) will be:
    -Comedy Series
    -Comedy Actor
    -Comedy Actress
    -Comedy Supp. Actor
    -Comedy Supp. Actress
    -Comedy Directing
    -Comedy Writing
    -Drama Series
    -Drama Actor
    -Drama Actress
    -Drama Supp. Actor
    -Drama Supp. Actress
    -Drama Directing
    -Drama Writing
    -Miniseries/TV Film
    -Miniseries/TV Film Actor
    -Miniseries/TV Film Actress
    -Miniseries/TV Film Supp. Actor
    -Miniseries/TV Film Supp. Actress
    -Variety Series
    -Reality-Competition Program

ReplyCopy URL
    champerdamp
    Participant
    Topics:

I have pretty high hopes for this year’s Emmy show because (a) I think Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious – and I hope he lives up to his hype, and (b) ABC really needs to step up its Emmy production game, considering the last time they aired the awards, they chose the Reality Host nominees to man the show and it was terrible. Hopefully they can pull off something memorable this year, and take a page out of NBC and CBS’s books with their successful Neil Patrick Harris / Jimmy Fallon telecasts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Raylan
    Topics:

I also think Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious and i think this years ceremony will be good. Hopefully there are a couple hilarious skits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Morgan Henard
    Topics:

I’m all about the presenters. I should be as excited about the presenters as I am the nominees. For example, having an ineligible Bryan Cranston paired with Katie Holmes last year to present a category was ridiculous. It would have been brilliant to see Cranston presenting Lead Drama Actor by himself. Sort of passing the torch. (Then taking it again this year.)

Some ideas…

Girls 
    – Have all of the main four – Lena Dunham, Allison Williams, Jemima Kirke & Zosia Mamet – present a category together. Preferably something like Comedy Supporting Actor. (The Desperate Housewives cast did this the first year when Brad Garrett won his third and final Emmy for ELR).

Modern Family
    – Have all of the main four guys – present Supporting Comedy Actress (awkward if Vergara or Bowen loses though) or, more importantly, present Lead Comedy Actress.

Clive Owen & Nicole Kidman
    I’d prefer Kidman by herself, but why not let two of Hollywood’s biggest superstars present Drama Series, the biggest category of the night?

Maggie Smith
    IF she’s there. And that’s a BIG IF…Have her present Comedy Series OR Telefilm/Miniseries. Something big.

Jessica Lange
    Give her Lead Actor in a Telefilm or Miniseries. Her costar, Dylan McDermott, wasn’t even eligible. 

Julia Louis-DreyfusLead Actor in a Comedy Series. Why not?

Tina Fey
    Writing for a Comedy Series. BFF Amy Poehler is nominated along with Tina Fey #2, Lena Dunham. And Fey has won this category before. Why not?

Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski, & Archie Panjabi
    I just think it would be really great to see these three female stare of The Good Wife present a category.

Louis C.K.
    Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. Why not?

Connie Britton & Hayden Pannetierre
    Britton is a nominee and they both have a series coming out. It’s perfect.

Kelsey Grammer
    Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Why not?

Melissa McCarthy
    Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. Sure, I’d take that.

And so on and so on…I’m sure I could think of more…

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

The Presenters I’d Like to See (comedy):

Larry David and Julia Louis-Dreyfus present Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Jon Cryer presents Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph present Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Don Cheadle presents Oustanding Directing in a Comedy Series

Kathy Bates presents Oustanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Alec Baldwin presents Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

ReplyCopy URL
    iskolar
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^Not this year. The academy has a deal that they will present the miniseries and variety writing/directing awards every other year at the Primetime telecast. In 2010, they were absent and last year they were present. Therefore, this year they will be absent again.

Miniseries (as well as variety special) writing and directing were actually presented in 2010. Though variety series writing and directing weren’t.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/blue_gemini28/2010.png

All I want is for all acting clips to be featured though. Even 10-15 second clips will do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that Reba McEntire and Lily Tomlin present. Their new show Malibu Country is on ABC.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually the decision was to have the variety special directing and writing presented one year and variety series directing and writing the next because the categories were separated in 2010. So this year we’ll have the variety special directing and writing on the telecast. 

My prediction: Julianne Moore presents Drama Series. Maybe Nicole Kidman gets Drama Actor.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually I’ve always wanted them to pair categories. 

They could do the Oscar thing from a few years back and do segments.

They could start with SUPPORTING ACTRESS and three previous winners take the stage and present Supporting Actress In A Comedy, in a Drama and in a Mini/Movie. 

Then they could do one writing & directing.

Then go on to SUPPORTING ACTOR – again three presenters and the three awards in a row.

Then they could do the second writing & directing.

Then do Variety Series & Reality-Competition.

Then go on to the third writing & directing.

Then LEAD ACTRESS. 

The last writing & directing.

Then LEAD ACTOR. 

And the MINI/MOVIE, COMEDY, DRAMA.

Making the genre thing got old. And of course, the producers don’t get it: if you do comedy and drama, the regular viewer wouldn’t care about mini/movie. Their argumentation that comedy and drama first help people make a connection to the show. That’s ******. If you haven’t seen these films, you wouldn’t care. And most people don’t. 

So pairing categories would be more interesting and would help the show run smoothly. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Participant
    Topics:

The Presenters I’d Like to See (comedy):

Larry David and Julia Louis-Dreyfus present Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Larry David a JLD on one stage would be AWESOME!!!

Kelsey Grammer presenting would be awkward to say the least. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
Reply To: Predictions/Discussions/Hopes for the 2012 Emmy Ceremony (Non-Awards Related)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.