September 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm #261626
I am currently hosting a new game based on the Primetime Emmys. I have conducted 4 complete rounds of this game before on the old board and had to cancel due to lack of participation because of the migration from the old board to here. Anyway, I have decided to restart back the game from the start with some new changes. For those unfamiliar, this is how the game will be conducted every round.
1) At the start of this round, I will ask for posters who are interested to sign up as a “Network”. Each network is allowed to have 2 comedies and 2 dramas. It’s up to the network to decide whether a particular program is a drama or a comedy. Once decided, they are not allowed to switch categories in future rounds.
Programs that have contended in the miniseries category in the real Emmys are allowed to contend here as long they have a minimum of 6 episodes to submit for consideration in the event they are nominated for either of the Series category. The allocation of programs will be conducted in a separate Private Message with all “Networks”. The programs must be available online to allow for panel viewing in the later part of the rond.
2) Once networks have been confirmed the 4 programs they have, they will need to come up with a contenders list categorizing the various actors and actresses in the program into Lead, Supporting and Guest categories. It’s up to the networks’ discretion how they want to categorize the various actors they have for consideration.
3) I have decided to include directing and writing categories for this time round. Each series is allowed to submit as many contenders as they want in their respective categories. It’s up to the network’s discretion whether it is to their advantage to submit as many or as little contenders in the respective categories.
All the contenders need to be submitted by the given deadline to be considered eligible for awards consideration.
4) Once the contenders list are revealed, everybody in GoldDerby (including networks) are allowed to vote. They will rank their top 10 in the respective category and PM it to me by the given deadline.
5) The Top 10 (or 11 or 12 if there’s a tie) will be revealed after the whole tabulating process. The list will be in alphabetical order and won’t reveal the ranking of the various contenders that made the runoffs list.
6) Networks that have contenders in the runoffs list will then need to submit a sample episode where the panels will view the episodes and rank them accordingly.
7) The combined ranking of the panel and popular vote will then determines the final 5 nominees (6 or 7 if there’s a tie) in the respective categories.
8) For the writing and directing categories however, nominees will be decided purely on popular vote. This will help to ease the number of panels a poster to be in during the runoffs.
8) They will then be a different judging panel that will determine the final winners. This will include the writing and directing categories.
9) In a mock awards ceremony, the final winners will be announced.September 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm #261628
So for now, I am looking for the first 10 people to sign up to be networks. You will be given more details on the choosing of your shows in a group private message. Do post on here if you want to be a part of it.
I will also be looking for judges to be on panels during the runoffs and the final voting. Looking forward to getting the rest of you all who are not networks to participate. I had fun hosting this game before. Hope that it will be fun too this time.September 26, 2012 at 9:48 pm #261629
This sounds like fun sign me up please!September 26, 2012 at 11:35 pm #261630
I’m up for this as well.September 27, 2012 at 12:08 am #261631
Count me in! 🙂September 27, 2012 at 12:49 am #261632
I’m certainly up for this. Sounds like major fun!
I just don’t quite get what we have to do…September 27, 2012 at 1:57 am #261633
Don’t worry. I will explain more in detail on your roles in what’s required of you. Hope more people will sign up soon.September 27, 2012 at 3:55 am #261634
Please count me in too.September 27, 2012 at 4:09 am #261635
I’d certainly be in!September 27, 2012 at 5:29 am #261636
I would love to participate. 🙂 First time I read it I didn’t understand shizzz, it I read it again and now I understand, lol. Only 1 question, do we tell you the 4 shows we want to choose lie, right now? or do we have to wait until you say, and then tell you? Btw, I also want to be a network!!September 27, 2012 at 5:30 am #261637
I’m in!!September 27, 2012 at 5:40 am #261638
I would love to play this! Sounds like an excellent game! I’ll be a network 🙂 So exciting! Great IdeaSeptember 27, 2012 at 6:03 am #261639
Ok, I like it, count me in, I’ll be a network.September 27, 2012 at 6:40 am #261640
I’d love to do this, sign me up.