Home Forums Television Ryan Murphy inks massive deal with Netflix worth $300m

Ryan Murphy inks massive deal with Netflix worth $300m

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Guest2014
forwardswill
BenitoDelicias
  • Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/ryan-murphy-giant-overall-deal-with-netflix-1202287851/

Another mega producer is leaving their longtime TV studio home to head to Netflix. In what is believed to be the biggest TV pact ever, Ryan Murphy, an Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winning producer, director and writer, has signed an overall deal with Netflix, which sources say could reach as high as $300 million.

Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

But will Netflix hold onto him when he goes into his usual pattern; great first seasons, followed by seasons that go off the rails (Glee, etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this is a shame as his style is much more suited to actual television (although the same is obviously true of Shonda) so I’ll be interested to see whether this works out.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference is basically watching everything weekly or all at once. I don’t see any other difference between FX and Netflix (or ABC in Shonda’s case). Murphy has been producing 13 episode seasons anyway so that won’t matter either (I suppose 911 will be longer since it’s on FOX).

I’m very surpised FX let him go. Seems like everything they have in drama is a Ryan Murphy show and The Americans.

As for Murphy’s pattern producing shitty second, third, fourth seasons….isn’t Netflix doing the same? That is 100% Murphy’s pattern, and sometimes he can’t even go the full first season of quality, but what show does Netflix have that has been able to sustain quality or improve on it? Grace and Frankie? Netflix produces A LOT of shitty “television”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Ryan Murphy inks massive deal with Netflix worth $300m

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.