Home Forums Television Strange schedule on Fox 11/15

Strange schedule on Fox 11/15

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

First, Fox airs the Bob’s Burgers Christmas episode (five weeks before Christmas), then, 90 minutes later, Fox airs the Family Guy Thanksgiving episode that was supposed to air next week.

Of course, they have good excuses (although I am guessing about the second one); the Bob’s Burgers time slot is pre-empted by a combination of NFL post-game shows, an awards ceremony, and the Miss Universe Pageant until January 10, and I am guessing (a) Fox decided that the scheduled Family Guy episode, where Peter mistakenly shoots somebody, is not something it would want to air in light of the Paris shootings two days earlier, and (b) there were no other finished but unaired episodes to air in its place.

Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I also read that “Supergirl’s” episodes had to be switched around in light of the terrorist attacks.

It’s a good thing “24” wasn’t airing now, or the whole show would have to be pre-empted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I suspect they changed Family Guy’s episode because the previous episode, “A Shot in the Dark” had similarities to what occurred in France not too long ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Fox is so weird about their animation airdates.

It’s a good thing “24” wasn’t airing now, or the whole show would have to be pre-empted.

Do not be so sure.  It did premiere on November 6, 2001 after all.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I also read that “Supergirl’s” episodes had to be switched around in light of the terrorist attacks.

I see on TheFutonCritic that CBS has also announced an episode change for NCIS:Los Angeles, and TNT for Legends.

Presumably, somebody gave the OK to air tonight’s Gotham – and hopefully, the OK was for a reason other than “we need to air the episode tonight as we have to air the last three episodes of the fall portion of the season by November 30 for some reason” (which they don’t really have to do; a repeat is scheduled for 12/7).

ReplyCopy URL
    halo
    Participant
    Topics:

Presumably, somebody gave the OK to air tonight’s Gotham – and hopefully, the OK was for a reason other than “we need to air the episode tonight as we have to air the last three episodes of the fall portion of the season by November 30 for some reason” (which they don’t really have to do; a repeat is scheduled for 12/7).

Well, it is sweeps.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

[quote=”Marcus_Dixon”]It’s a good thing “24” wasn’t airing now, or the whole show would have to be pre-empted.Do not be so sure.  It did premiere on November 6, 2001 after all.

[/quote]

And they had to edit the plane crash scene at the end of the pilot, to boot.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Strange schedule on Fox 11/15

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.