Home Forums Television Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, 1994

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, 1994

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
Andrew Carden
Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, 1994
Shelley Fabares, Coach
Faith Ford, Murphy Brown
Sara Gilbert, Roseanne
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Seinfeld
Laurie Metcalf, Roseanne
Liz Torres, The John Larroquette Show
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Which of the above choices should’ve won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actresss in a Comedy Series in 1994?

Shelley Fabares as Christine Armstrong on Coach: (Epsidoe submissions: “Nice Job If You Can Get It” and “The Stand-In”)

Faith Ford as Corky Sherwood on Murphy Brown: (Episode submissions: “The Young and the Rest of Us” and “The More Things Stay the Same”)

Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner on Roseanne: (Episode submissions: “Two Down, One to Go” and “Everybody Comes to Jackie’s”)

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine Benes on Seinfeld (Episode submissions: “The Mango” and “The Opposite”)

Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris on Roseanne (Episode submissions: “Labor Day” and “Past Imperfect”)

Liz Torres as Mahalia Sanchez on The John Larroquette Show (Episode submissions: “Pilot” and “God”)

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, it’s a supremely close call between Metcalf and Gilbert, though it’s easy to see why the former repeated again – her tapes, per usual, were aces. “Two Down, One to Go” is a fabulous Darlene episode, though.

Those Louis-Dreyfus submissions were solid, though I wouldn’t say among her best from the series’ run. As for the other three, I can’t recall the episodes specifically, though I don’t remember them ever being Emmy win-worthy on their respective series.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (1981 – The French Lieutenant’s Woman)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, 1994

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.