TCA 2017 Predictions

Home // Forums // Television // TCA 2017 Predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 228 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little Lies is also only 1 more episode than Fleabag not 4…

Apologies; for some reason 10 episodes was stuck in my head. But still, I hold the fact British series with just 6 episodes against it. It’s too short to tell a story. 10, 13 or even a full season 0f 22 is more malleable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little Lies is also only 1 more episode than Fleabag not 4…

Apologies; for some reason 10 episodes was stuck in my head. But still, I hold the fact British series with just 6 episodes against it. It’s too short to tell a story. 10, 13 or even a full season 0f 22 is more malleable.

Ugh, it takes 22 episodes for a show to tell a story? That’s bloated. Why not cut out all the crap and keep it at a slim, lean 6 episodes, where the creators decide that a show should be more quality over quantity? There are shows out there that only have six episodes, yet are seen as some of the best comedies ever made. Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, The Vicar of Dibley, Absolutely Fabulous and Yes Minister all have around six episodes per season.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Regardless, number of episodes has no bearing on a series’ categorization as “limited,” you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the classification.

Moving on…

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Drama- Strangers Things

Comedy- Atlanta

New- Atlanta

Limited- Big Little Lies

Pregram- Leftovers

individual drama- Carrie Coon

Individual Comedy- Donald Glover

News- OJ

Reality- The Keeper

Childrens- Speechless

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama- Strangers Things

Comedy- Atlanta

New- Atlanta

Limited- Big Little Lies

Pregram- Leftovers

individual drama- Carrie Coon

News- OJ

Reality- The Keeper

Childrens- Speechless

Are these predictions or what you want to happen? Cause The Leftovers is not winning Program.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama- Strangers Things

Comedy- Atlanta

New- The Handmaid’s Tale

Limited- Big Little Lies

Program- The Leftovers

Individual Drama- Elisabeth Moss

News- OJ: Made In America (Really not OK with this being here. I’m fine with it being a movie or a series but pick a lane and stick with it).

Reality- The Keepers

Childrens- Speechless (Never having seen this maybe I am misinformed but isn’t this just a typical family sitcom? How is it a children’s program?).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Drama- Strangers Things Comedy- Atlanta New- Atlanta Limited- Big Little Lies Pregram- Leftovers individual drama- Carrie Coon Individual Comedy- Donald Glover News- OJ Reality- The Keeper Childrens- Speechless

Are these predictions or what you want to happen? Cause The Leftovers is not winning Program.

Battlestar Galactica won program with it as its only TCA nomination ever. Any critic that was a fan of The Leftovers will vote for it out of remorse for it not making drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Childrens- Speechless (Never having seen this maybe I am misinformed but isn’t this just a typical family sitcom? How is it a children’s program?).

It is a sit com. Just a regular one like Fresh Off the Boat. It is definatkey category fraud.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Atlanta is not winning 3 awards, it ain’t no Glee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Atlanta is not winning 3 awards, it ain’t no Glee.

Yes it is no Glee because Glee couldn’t win best Comedy series at the Emmys.

Atlanta is easily winning comedy series at TCA. Donald Glover should be able to win but Pheobe Waller Bridge could upset. Maybe even Issa Rae since Insecure is about to air. And it will proabaly also quite easily win new show. The critics loved it.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

It is a sit com. Just a regular one like Fresh Off the Boat. It is definatkey category fraud.

But my understanding is that there are no submissions to TCA so voters somehow chose to place it there? Just confusing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Ya I have know idea why the critics did that. It’s so weird and oubviously not where it belongs. If that belongs in children program than so does Fresh off the boat and other stuff like that. It’s staring kids though so I get it but still…

I hate the existence of that category in the first place. Kid shows are still either drama or comedies so they should compete as either dramas or comedies

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

ever

No, that’s not going that way. We all know that Stranger Things is going to take Program.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

ever

No, that’s not going that way. We all know that Stranger Things is going to take Program.

Stranger Things is winning drama, Atlanta will get new, and they’ll give program to The leftovers. I could be wrong but I belive it is a popular vote, only one counts. All the leftovers fans will push it to the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@Hunterbergfeld:
    Stranger Things is winning drama, Atlanta will get new, and they’ll give program to The leftovers. I could be wrong but I belive it is a popular vote, only one counts. All the leftovers fans will push it to the win.

@Teridax:
    Exactly, so that should be about… getting my calculator out… about 13 people. Now YOU are starting to sound like Guest2014, the biggest fanbaby STAN on all of Goldderby LOL! Don’t get your hopes up.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 228 total)
Reply To: TCA 2017 Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.