Home Forums Television TCA 2017 Predictions

TCA 2017 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 228 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

^^

I don’t know why you are always acting like all The Leftovers fans are acting delusional and predicting it to sweep the Emmys. I haven’t seen one person on this forum say that it will win Best Drama, and even the people who do predict it to get some noms only have it in the last couple slots of the category (and even they admit it is wishful thinking)

And when did being surprised that the most critically acclaimed show of the past TV season being snubbed from the fucking TV critics award make someone “living in a bubble” or a “fanbaby” (what are you 12?)

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  jf123.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a reason why The Leftovers and Carrie Coon are nominated. If they weren’t watching, if it didn’t have passion votes it wouldn’t have been nominated to begin with.

I’m not certain that it’ll win POTY, but it seems like the front-runner. Passion votes, snob factor, last opportunity to reward it, no splitting votes in drama, season ended recently and the TCAs love spreading the recognition. To say it doesn’t have a chance because people didn’t watch is stretch. I understand being annoyed by the Leftover fanboys, but come on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

@hunterbergfeld: Stranger Things is winning drama, Atlanta will get new, and they’ll give program to The leftovers. I could be wrong but I belive it is a popular vote, only one counts. All the leftovers fans will push it to the win. @Teridax: Exactly, so that should be about… getting my calculator out… about 13 people. Now YOU are starting to sound like Guest2014, the biggest fanbaby STAN on all of Goldderby LOL! Don’t get your hopes up.

tgose were my predictions. I didn’t mean to make it sound like that’s what was happening. And I’m a bigger OITNB fan than a Leftovers fan. A d the guest2014 comparison was cuz he always shits on shows he hasn’t seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Series: Stranger Things
    Comedy Series: Atlanta
    Limited Series: Big Little Lies
    New Series: The Handmaids Tale
    Program of the Year: The Leftovers
    Drama Performance: Carrie Coon
    Comedy Performance: Donald Glover

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Series: The Handmaid’s Tale (spoiler: The Crown)
    Comedy Series: Atlanta (Spoiler: The Good Place)
    Limited Series: Fargo (Spoiler: Big Little Lies)
    New Series: The Handmaid’s Tale (Spoiler: Atlanta)
    Program of the Year: This is Us (spoiler: The Leftovers)
    Achievement in Drama: Carrie Coon (spoiler: Elisabeth Moss)
    Achievement in Comedy: Donald Glover (spoiler: Issa Rae)

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Battlestar Galactica gives me hope, but consider its competition.  Lost winning for its fifth season would have been random.  Mad Men had won the year before and won drama that year and the TCA loves to spread the wealth.  Saturday Night Live was nominated for Tina Fey as Sarah Palin.  The final season of The Shield suffered vote-splitting from being nominated in three other categories.

Stranger Things is the definition of a Program of the Year winner and I would have bet on it opposite Battlestar Galactica.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks:

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA: Carrie Coon
    INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY: In an ideal world, Bell. In the real world, Donald Glover. Anybody but JLD or PWB.
    ACHIEVEMENT NEWS/INFO: O.J.: Made in America
    ACHIEVEMENT REALITY: The Great British Baking Show (my upset special)
    ACHIEVEMENT YOUTH: Sesame Street
    NEW PROGRAM: The Good Place
    ACHIEVEMENT MOVIES, MINISERIES, SPECIALS: Big Little Lies
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA: This Is Us
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY: Atlanta
    PROGRAM: The Leftovers

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks:

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA: Carrie Coon
    INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY: In an ideal world, Bell. In the real world, Donald Glover. Anybody but JLD or PWB.
    ACHIEVEMENT NEWS/INFO: O.J.: Made in America
    ACHIEVEMENT REALITY: The Great British Baking Show (my upset special)
    ACHIEVEMENT YOUTH: Sesame Street
    NEW PROGRAM: The Good Place
    ACHIEVEMENT MOVIES, MINISERIES, SPECIALS: Big Little Lies
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT DRAMA: This Is Us
    OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT COMEDY: Atlanta
    PROGRAM: The Leftovers

I guaran-fucking-tee you all that he has never seen an episode of Fleabag.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Does TCA have the same eligibility rules as the Emmys. Was twin Peaks eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Generally yes, so no.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

I noticed that a lot of people are predicting for Carrie Coon in Drama Individual Achievement. I also think that she’ll win since they nominated her for 2 programs so that should be a sign but, still, there’s Jessica Lange and the others. Anyways, I hope Carrie Coon’s double program nomination will translate to the Emmys since TCA and Emmys don’t usually match.

ReplyCopy URL
    lullopatullo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the only certain locks here are Waller-Bridge for Fleabag and Speechless in Youth Programming.

I do also predict with some kind of certainty Atlanta and Stranger Things winning for Comedy and Drama respectively, but I do fear a lot the much-acclaimed second season of Master of None and the highly appreciated sweetness of The Good Place on the one hand, and the greatly reviewed third season of Better Call Saul – plus, the category is often won by shows in the middle of their runs – and the slightly underrated potential of The Handmaid’s Tale, which, I think, is going to do better at awards shows than many people suggest, on the other.

For example, despite the remarkable double-nomination of Coon, I’m still putting Moss above of her: I believe almost every voter has seen The Handmaid’s Tale and has subsequently rightfully remained impressed by the protsgonist’s performance – more singular and harder to accomplish than Coon’s.

Well, anyway, I’d be the first to exult in case of any win for The Leftovers, one of the shows that deeply affected me the most since when I started watching television. Unfortunately, that snub in Drama makes me a bit anxious, even if I remain confident of its enormous shots in both Program of the Year and Individual Achievement in Drama.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  lullopatullo.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Paul Sheehan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I noticed that a lot of people are predicting for Carrie Coon in Drama Individual Achievement. I also think that she’ll win since they nominated her for 2 programs so that should be a sign but, still, there’s Jessica Lange and the others. Anyways, I hope Carrie Coon’s double program nomination will translate to the Emmys since TCA and Emmys don’t usually match.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not nearly as confident in Coon as most of you seem to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not nearly as confident in Coon as most of you seem to be.

SAME! I have Carrie Coon winning, but with no confidence whatsoever. The only reason I haven’t switched her out is beause I have no freaking clue who to replace her with? I would vote for Sarandon over Lange, but I have heard many say they liked Lange over Sarandon, so vote-splitting will crush their hopes of winning here, and probably at the Emmys too. I would LOVE to see Nicole Kidman win, just to driver Alex B even more CRAY. 😉

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 228 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.