TCA 2017 Predictions

Home // Forums // Television // TCA 2017 Predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 205 total)
Created
Profile photo of dj
4 months ago
Last Reply
Profile photo of Riley
2 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Profile photo of Hunterbergfeld
Profile photo of Riley
Profile photo of pulp50
  • Profile photo of kancovkancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Since the last few Emmy Drama winners got nominations for both Program of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Drama, we have Stranger Things vs. The Handmaid’s Tale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of CourtneyCourtney
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy with The Good Place getting so many nominations. Easily one of the best shows on television. And I just finished Master of None last night and have such affection for it (amazing season) — I want it to win everything.

I love This Is Us and Sterling K. Brown, so I’m happy with their nominations. I’m really pleased with the Big Little Lies support too. And The Handmaid’s Tale is my favorite show of the year, so I’d be happy if it won any.

And I’m still a huge fan of Stranger Things, so I love seeing its continued support. Along with the Gilmore Girls nom, even though it’s far from perfect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack Jansen
    Participant
    Topics:

Since the last few Emmy Drama winners got nominations for both Program of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Drama, we have Stranger Things vs. The Handmaid’s Tale.

This terrifies me.

Nominations across the board from Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul, and Silicon Valley

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we just talk about how the Individual Drama nominees are almost all female.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of bossboss
    Participant
    Topics:

I am extremely glad that Pamela Adlon and Phoebe Waller-Bridge were recognized. Hopefully, they translate it into Emmys. Though, I would like to see Westworld recognized somehow, especially for Thandie Newton.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of SashaSasha
    Participant
    Topics:

For a moment I leave Sasha the cunt behind and become Sasha the predictor. First of all I love LOVE women domination here! Finally women get properly recognized. For years this organization awarded and nominated 99% of the time males. Now it’s our time! Go girls!

Carrie Coon is so going to win this one. Hopefully Emmys take notice and rightfully nominate her. For THE LEFTOVERS, not Fargo.

That The Leftovers snub in drama series stings as fuck. I just don’t get it. This show needed that nomination! To show Emmys they have to nominate it. Now I don’t see it getting nominated anymore. Program of the Year is such a lousy category. They give a win there to any crap that’s on top right now. So fuck you for that TCA. F-U-C-K Y-O-U.

Oh, and I’m so glad we finally have a confirmation that Nicole Kidman is a frontrunner, not Jessica Lange as her stalker and other idiots want to think. Lange has Sarandon to share her votes with. Kidman got in without Witherspoon, that means this is comeback year for Nicki. Yay!

Yeah I wanted to leave the cunt behind but I just can’t help myself. Sorry not sorry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of RileyRiley
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst TCA nominations ever.

I could have taken a Carrie Coon snub or The Leftovers not getting Program of the Year, but its snub for drama series totally invalidates these for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Leandrio Plaatjiesleothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh hell no. How will TV critics go to bed at night knowing they voted for corny-fest This Is Us over The Leftovers or messy The Good Place over the provocative Dear White People

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of AtypicalAtypical
    Participant
    Topics:

The ladies dominated Drama! WOW!!! But I see you Sterling and congratulate you since no one else will lol.

Very happy to see Issa Rae make the cut in Comedy! “Insecure” should have made the cut in Comedy Series. Carrie Coon is having a moment right now, and I’m very close to predicting her for something. I feel like “Fargo” is the easier of the two though. No “The Leftovers” in Drama Series is incredibly depressing and doesn’t speak well to its Emmy prospects.

Who’s in for the Heritage Award?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Aayaan UpadhyayaAayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep sleeping on Phoebe Waller Bridge coasting her way to that Emmy nomination at your own risk <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of forwardswillforwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep sleeping on Phoebe Waller Bridge coasting her way to that Emmy nomination at your own risk <3

I refuse to believe because I can’t let myself expect it and then be disappointed. Man I hope she gets it though- what a performance.

FYC: The Crown, Mom and AHS: Roanoke for Gold Derby TV Awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of jacob gitlinjacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting to note that of the critical darlings/on the bubble actresses in the mix (namely Adlon, Rae, and Waller-Bridge), Fleabag was the only program to also pick up achievement in comedy. Didn’t include Bell as I don’t really see her as on the bubble for a nomination but I am pretty surprised The Good Place did so well – getting into new program over Westworld?? Ultimately I think The Good Place’s performance here won’t translate at the Emmys but it’s definitely noteworthy.

Interested to see who wins individual achievement in Drama between Moss and Coon.

Not surprised Big Little Lies made it into Program – it’s been continually underrated on the forums.

Not happy with all of the love for This Is Us – at least Metz did not make it in. Switching out The Leftover for This Is Us in my Emmy drama series lineup is making more and more sense but I’m not sure I can bear to do it.

I think someone already mentioned this but Empire got these same nominations the year it came out (and it won program of the year) but still flopped at the Emmys.

Nothing for Catastrophe?

Glad that, despite dropping on Netflix so recently, critics were able to catch up with Master of None. Despite its strangely barren guild season, it seems to be in a strong position. Can it expand its writing nominations to two I wonder?

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Profile photo of jacob gitlin jacob121.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people so surprised a critically acclaimed show did so well with a critics award group?

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s go, let’s go, Queen Moss.

Hierarchy

Drama: Handmaid’s Tale, This is Us

Stranger Things

Crown

Leftovers

Saul, Americans

Leftovers in Program but not Drama makes me think of Walking Dead and Battlestar Galactica…

Comedy: Atlanta

Good Place

Fleabag, Master of None, Veep

Blackish

Insecure, Better Things

Longform: Big Little Lies

Feud

Fargo

Gilmore Girls, Night Of, Wizard of Lies

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

And none for 13 Reasons Why, bye.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 205 total)
Reply To: TCA 2017 Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.