Home Forums Television TCA 2017 WINNERS

TCA 2017 WINNERS

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
no one
  • Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Individual Achievement in Drama: Carrie Coon (THE LEFTOVERS & FARGO, HBO & FX)

Individual Achievement in Comedy: Donald Glover (ATLANTA, FX)

Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: O.J.: MADE IN AMERICA (ESPN)

Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: LEAH REMINI: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE AFTERMATH (A&E)

Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: SPEECHLESS (ABC)

Outstanding New Program: THIS IS US (NBC)

Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: BIG LITTLE LIES (HBO)

Outstanding Achievement in Drama: THE HANDMAID’S TALE (Hulu)

Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: ATLANTA (FX)

Program of the Year: THE HANDMAID’S TALE (Hulu)

Career Achievement Award: Ken Burns

Heritage Award: SEINFELD (NBC)

Anonymous
    Topics:

So even though This is Us and The Handmaid’s Tale are both new dramas, The Handmaid’s Tale is the better drama but This is Us is the better new show. Totally makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a bit surprised that the handmaid’s tale couldn’t also win outstanding new program, TCA doesn’t seem sentimental enough to feel like they had to give this is us something.

What do people think this means Emmy-wise? Handmaid’s tale definitely got a boost since Drama still doesn’t have a true frontrunner, but Atlanta’s low nomination total still worries me

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t understand this buzz for Donald Glover in acting. Writing/directing wise he was fine but he didn’t do anything to WIN Critics’ Choice, Golden Globe, and now this. Hopefully, Emmys reward Tambor or Galifianakis instead of him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I think this definitely helps Atlanta and The Handmaid’s Tale. I’m shocked The Handmaid’s Tale beat Stranger Things and The Leftovers for program.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Could not have anticipated that The Handmaid’s Tale would win two TCA Awards, but neither would be Elisabeth Moss or New Program.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a bit surprised that the handmaid’s tale couldn’t also win outstanding new program, TCA doesn’t seem sentimental enough to feel like they had to give this is us something.

It’s not about sentimentality so much as “spreading the love”, which is what the TCAs have always been about, especially since the medium has become so expansive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

About as expected as I figured it would go. At least Adlon, Waller-Bridge (especially those 2 epically overrated actresses) and JLD were shut out. The victory for The Good Place was the nominations it secured. Gotta crawl before you can walk. Only surprise IMO was THT winning Program of the Year. Was pulling for This is Us there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbh, I think this actually helps This Is Us. I now have it winning in my predictions. It’s horrible but still. THT has also done pretty well but for me it’s tying for second with The Crown and Stranger Things. Also, I’ve decided to put Carrie Coon in number one for Fargo. I think it’s possible that she could break through while everyone else vote-splits.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy for OJ and Glover; otherwise, meh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

This, as always, means nothing for the Emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

CC

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

CC

Finally somebody got it right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cobalt Blue
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not about sentimentality so much as “spreading the love”, which is what the TCAs have always been about, especially since the medium has become so expansive.

Yeah they do it every year.  In other words, they fudge the winners.   Great for the credibility of the awards, right?.  And how do they manage to do that every time?    Maybe this is already well-known and I’m just in the dark, but it sure seems like they’re not blind voting, but just outright discussing with each other ‘let’s give this award to this show, and this award to this other show’.  Is that what they’re doing?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

With half of Carrie Coon’s award, Fargo is finally a TCA winner. Only took the “critics” three years to put their money where their mouth is.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
Reply To: TCA 2017 WINNERS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.