Home Forums Television TCA 2017 WINNERS

TCA 2017 WINNERS

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazon beat Netflix to a Globe series win and Hulu has now beaten them to TCA series win.

Maybe Netflix will stop putting out so much trash and focus on quality over quantity.

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

Playing to her ‘strengths’ then I see. Too bad she wasn’t supposed to be wooden in Mildred Pierce.

Besides Westworld, Wood was amazing in Thirteen too, check that movie out.

she was a good child actor, yes.

…also, i can’t consider atlanta a populist choice with almost all of its episodes being under 1 mil live viewers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazon beat Netflix to a Globe series win and Hulu has now beaten them to TCA series win.

Maybe Netflix will stop putting out so much trash and focus on quality over quantity.

I wouldn’t consider Orange Is The New Black Seasons 1, 2, and the back half of 4, the first 2 seasons of House of Cards, Bojack Horseman’s 2nd, 3rd, and the second half of its 1st season, Jessica Jones Season 1, Daredevil Season 1, and Trollhunters to be “trash.”

Both Amazon and Hulu have had their major mess-ups, like any other tv streaming network.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

As far as I can tell, Master of None has penetrated the zeitgeist much more than Atlanta, largely the product of it being on Netflix instead of FX, but also it being more accessible in tone. It would be great if someone had numbers.

Master of None really did get the below-the-line nominations that Atlanta should have been able to get. With Atlanta‘s strength in writing and directing, it is odd that it did not get editing. And with it being a music-heavy show, it should have gotten sound and music supervision. Master of None and Atlanta together would be a hell of a challenger to Veep.

Master of None is indeed hard to read. Not only was it too late for the guilds, but I also wonder if it was too late for the Emmy nominations. I am going with Atlanta though because I am taking to heart the PGA snub of Master of None because they were right about House of Cards over The Americans and we doubted them.

Imagine if Atlanta, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Feud: Bette and Joan all won Series awards without having a single Editing nomination! All could realistically happen (though the Bryan Tyree Henry snub still confuses me) and if they all did, we could pretty much toss out the Editing category as a crucial nod to have in order to win Series for good!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Imagine if Atlanta, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Feud: Bette and Joan all won Series awards without having a single Editing nomination!

Watch out for Samantha Bee too.

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

part of me wants to stick feud in 3rd place behind the night of. it feels like its buzz peaked before the show/with the pilot and dwindled, as opposed to big little lies/night of.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

the Bryan Tyree Henry snub still confuses me

Especially given he got in for TIU. Of all the acting categories, comedy supporting actor and drama lead actress were two that really should’ve had 7 nominees. I’m sure most people would be fine with the major categories having 7 slots permanently tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

i would prefer 5 nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    RRaw
    Participant
    Topics:

the Bryan Tyree Henry snub still confuses me

Especially given he got in for TIU. Of all the acting categories, comedy supporting actor and drama lead actress were two that really should’ve had 7 nominees. I’m sure most people would be fine with the major categories having 7 slots permanently tbh

Nope, Most prefer five

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

Fair enough. I wasn’t trying to suggest people would prefer it though, but that they’d be fine with it. Doesn’t seem like many would care given multiple categories spill over every year now anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have liked it if they did original choices like Eva Green, Gillian Anderson, Aya Cash, Kristen Bell, Lola Kirke, Gael Garcia Bernal, Rupert Friend etc for example. But if it meant more name-check nominations for Robin Wright or Viola Davis then no ma’am, pam!

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d prefer 7 or even more. There’s so much more tv now, when the amount of shows is doubling in a few years, doubling or at least adding a few more slots makes sense and doesn’t make it any less prestigious like some people claim.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
Reply To: TCA 2017 WINNERS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.