November 25, 2013 at 6:11 pm #306107
Just watched the Season finale of Boardwalk Empire, and, as the tittle says, I was in shock when it ended, I can think of one or two episodes of Breaking Bad or GOT that made me feel like that.
What about you? What final scene of an episode that made you cringe in your seat and your heart race?Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)ParticipantNovember 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm #306109
That final scene of “Crawl Space” fron Breaking Bad. Just…wow.November 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm #306110
“Crawl Space” without a doubt is the first that comes to my mind. Still from Breaking Bad, there’s also “Face Off”.
“The Rains of Castamere”, from Game of Thrones, is another good example.November 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm #306111
Game of Thrones — “Baelor”November 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm #306112
Half Measures – BB
Wasn’t exactly speechless, though. I let out a very loud “F*ck!” at the end.November 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm #306113
1. SIX FEET UNDER FINALE.
2. Long term parking – The Sopranos. Kinda cheeting cause its not the very last scene, but it is so impactful that it lingers for the remaining scenes. I actually have no recollection right now of what happens next, cause every time I watch that episode I get as shocked as the first time that I kinda zone out for what remains haha.
3. Suprise motherfucker! – Dexter. Again, it is incredibly impactful (the most hearbreaking, intense, shocking and whatever synonym you can think of that ever happened in the show).
4. I want to name one from breaking bad cause there were many, but I can´t think of one right now so I´ll go with crawl space like everyone else, but this one is more about the brilliant performances by cranston and gunn than the story itself (unlike my other choices).November 25, 2013 at 7:23 pm #306114
I’m never speechless. I’m can be like “Hmm, that was a interesting last scene”.
Lost- “Through The Looking Glass”
Homeland- “The Vest”November 25, 2013 at 7:42 pm #306115
Half Measures – BB
Wasn’t exactly speechless, though. I let out a very loud “F*ck!” at the end.
For me, it was the episode after, “Full Measure”. I was really sympathetic for Gale, and even though it was built up, I was completely shocked by the shot in the final scene.November 25, 2013 at 7:49 pm #306116
The Wire — “The Cost”
BattleStar Galactica — “Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2”
The Sopranos — “‘Where’s Johnny”
Game of Thrones — “Baelor”
— “Fire and Blood”
Breaking Bad — “Half Measures”
Dexter — “Dex Takes a Holiday”
— “The Getaway”
LOST — “Deus Ex Machina”
X Files — “Gethsemane”November 25, 2013 at 7:50 pm #306117
The season finale of Orange is the New Black was a big one for me.November 25, 2013 at 8:12 pm #306118
Numb arm, numb arm… narm, narm.November 25, 2013 at 8:14 pm #306119
^ My response to that was, “Finally”.November 25, 2013 at 8:25 pm #306120
Be Still my heart – ERNovember 25, 2013 at 11:27 pm #306121
I need to say the final scene of 30 Rock, because it was a great ending, but mostly because about six months before the episode aired, I wrote a little fan fiction right here on Gold Derby about how it would end (TGS ending, Kenneth becoming NBC president and Liz Lemon’s grandaughter pitching a new show to Kenneth), and I was shocked – I don’t know if they were inspired by my idea or if it was just a coincidence (didn’t Tina Fey admit that she reads GoldDerby?)November 26, 2013 at 1:29 am #306122
For me I was left speechless on two series finales.
1. Lost “The End” – the final scene with Jack and Vincent just left me thinking what a nice way to end the series. I could not even verbalise how it made me feel. Still to this day I can’t even explain the impact this scene had on me.
2. The Sopranos “Made in America” – when the screen went black WOW!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.