Home Forums Television The 1st Annual (2017) Bergie Television Awards- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

The 1st Annual (2017) Bergie Television Awards- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Teridax
forwardswill
  • Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The wait is over. They are on their way. Feel free to comment you’re opinion. All of the decisions were made by me. This was a lot of work. I made mistakes. Please politely inform me of typos or mistakes with my nominations if you notice any.

While you are waiting: http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/the-first-annual-bergfeld-film-awards/

The Official Rules:
    RULES

The genre categorizations that shows enter at the Emmy Awards are where they compete at the Bergie Television Awards as well.
    For acting, it is up to the President of the Bergie© Television Awards to decide whether actors compete as guest, supporting, or lead actors.
    To qualify in guest acting categories in a series with 8+ episodes, an actor must appear in half (Rounded up) +1 of the episodes. If there are 4-7 episodes in a series, an actor must appear in half (rounded up) of the episodes to qualify for guest categories. If there are 2-3 episodes, an actor may only appear in 1 episode to qualify as a guest actor.
    The Award for “Outstanding Main Title Design” is credited to the lead art directors of the first episode that the title sequence appeared in unless evidence credits somebody else.
    The “Outstanding Visual Effects” category is credited to the lead visual effects supervisor.
    The “Outstanding Series” awards are credited to the producers.
    To qualify for an ensemble award, an actor must be in at least 50% (rounded down and credited) of the episodes for the eligible season. All actors that qualify for a nominated show that is nominated. If the program has 1-2 episodes, the president of the Bergie© Television Awards decides if each actor’s role is significant enough to be included in the ensemble. Narrators do not qualify unless they make an onscreen appearance.
    The Emmy eligibility period applies.
    International programs that are not eligible at the Emmys are eligible for the Bergie© Television Awards as long as the premiere in the United States within the eligibility period.
    Sound Mixing and Editing is combined into 1 category and is credited to the sound supervisor.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m posting the writing and directing nominees, going to sleep, and doing the rest later.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The Technical nominations:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The Acting Guest Acting nominees:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The Supporting acting nominees:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

And finally:

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I will be back anywhere from a few days to a few months (however long it takes me to decide) with the winners. I can tell you definitively that I have said things in the past that will contradict my winners, however, through much research I have formed new opinions. Feel free to share what you like and do not like about my picks. . Also, if you know me well enough, feel free to try and guess my winners (Most of the major categories have already been decided). If you see any errors please inform me, because I guarantee you there are many.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

You mixed up the pictures of Aubrey Plaza and Thandie Newton

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

You mixed up the pictures of Aubrey Plaza and Thandie Newton

Fixed

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Where’s Limited Supporting Actress?

EDIT: Don’t worry. It just took longer to load it seems.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

The amount of variety here is incredible and that alone makes this great choices. That said, the idea that 13 Reasons Why was better than The Crown has me vomiting haha

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The amount of variety here is incredible and that alone makes this great choices. That said, the idea that 13 Reasons Why was better than The Crown has me vomiting haha

I actually was sooo close to replacing 13 Reasons Why with the Crown but I decided that even though The Crown was well made, I didn’t enjoy it or think it was anything new or different. 13 Reasons why wasn’t new or different, but I enjoyed it. On paper, The Crown is 10X better, but I just enjoyed  13 Reasons much better so I put it on my list. I at least forced myself to nominate The Crown in some places: Makeup, visual effects, production design, casting, and Lithgow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Props to you for having the self restraint the Emmy voters didn’t not to nominate Feud all over the place, although I think Alfred Molina and Jackie Hoffman would be worthwhile nominees.

Interesting that you nominated David Harbour but not Millie Bobby Brown… I guess I shouldn’t complain because your supporting actress in a drama series lineup is sheer heaven.

Loving your love towards Looking: The Movie, Girls and Search Party.

Funny that you still consider Homeland top 7 material.

THANK YOU for not falling for This is Us’ trap of manipulating you emotionally so that you get tricked into the thinking the show is good, although I think a Sterling K. Brown nod (albeit in supporting where he belongs) is justified.

Overall, great set of nominees! You obviously watch way more TV than I do so I respect your choices lol. Can’t wait to see who wins!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.