Home Forums Television The 2014 Emmy Awards host will be…

The 2014 Emmy Awards host will be…

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Macbeth
Riley
vinny
  • Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Seth Meyers, per Nikki Finke, formerly of Deadline.com…and Variety confirms seconds later:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/seth-meyers-emmy-host-2014-1201162588/ 

Ghost
    Topics:

Excellent! He’s been doing great on Late Night, can’t wait to see what he brings to the Emmys. I imagine he’ll end up like Jimmy Kimmel and his hosting gig will be his ticket to a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Could be interesting indeed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I did not support him being chosen as host of Late Night, but the Emmys?  Sure!  He is fresh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm…if you can reply to these threads I start, then why the holdout on the SHIELD and Continuum forums?  

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm…if you can reply to these threads I start,
    then why the holdout on the SHIELD and Continuum forums?

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/6723/page:2#post_301661

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm. I thought this gig was supposed to be guaranteed in Fallon’s new contract or something. This seems like a misguided choice instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    bondzzz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I thought Fallon would be coming back. Probably he passed on the hosting gig and then they turned to Meyers. Hope it would be a solid one.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmm. Surprising news. I was looking forward to seeing Jimmy Fallon host again, but oh well.

Seth Meyers hosted the ESPYs twice. I’ll have to rewatch his monologues on youtube.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

This is interesting, albeit not surprising. I knew it would be between Fallon and Meyers for the hosting gig, so I wasn’t expecting any hugely unexpected host announcements.

What is interesting to me is that next year, who is likely to host for Fox? The last time it was Jane Lynch, and I seriously doubt they’ll ask her again – Glee has become one of the most boring shows on TV, and having someone from there (even if it is the super-talented Lynch) would not bring in viewers like the last time, and anyway, with Lynch slowly being phased out of the show until its ending next season, I fully expect her to forge an alliance with NBC full-time (Hollywood Game Night) and will probably host the Golden Globes when Tina and Amy are bored of it.

I can only see Andy Samberg hosting on Fox – he’s funny, he skews to a younger demographic and his show is critically acclaimed. Other than him, Mindy Kaling is an option, but if her show makes it all the way to the 2015 Emmys with enough popularity, I will be very surprised. Mulaney is premiering this upcoming season, and if it is a breakout hit, I can see John Mulaney perhaps getting the gig. I doubt anyone from the 2015-2016 pilot season will get in, because a relative amount of buzz needs to be formed around them (unless, you know Craig Ferguson gets a Fox show )

ABC will obviously go with Jimmy Kimmel again. I don’t see many other contenders.

The best part is that we will now have Stephen Colbert hosting the CBS broadcast for two or three cycles. I sometimes wish they would come to their senses and get Colbert to host the Oscars – because they got Seth MacFarlane, but not someone like Stephen Colbert? Peh…

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

This surprised me at first, but it makes sense. Fallon’s Emmy gig did a good job of raising his profile (I assume), as Late Night had otherwise only just been finding its footing up to that point. It’s likely that NBC would want to do the same with Meyers. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Awesome!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Awesome!

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I can only see Andy Samberg hosting on Fox – he’s funny, he skews to a younger demographic and his show is critically acclaimed.

This would be great, I never thought about it, but it would make perfect sense.

I’m unsure about Meyers, because he may come across as very bland. Maybe it’s the writing, but he has always had a predictable chuckle-worthy humour, but not much else. Maybe that will work, but it probably won’t be in any way memorable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Meyers will be incredibly passable, like Ellen Degeneres at the Oscars this year – not riotously hilarious, but not offensive either. He won’t have very edgy jokes, and will likely just cruise the night through, relying on simple but funny jokes. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: The 2014 Emmy Awards host will be…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.