August 31, 2012 at 11:02 am #258205
The 21st season will premiere on Sunday, September 30, 2012, on CBS at 8 pm.
- Filming dates: May 26 – June 16
- 3 Continents visited
- 9 Countries including Indonesia, Bangladesh and The Netherlands
- Distance Traveled: 25,000 miles.
While the prize for winning the Race remains at $1 million, if the team that come first in the first leg wins the Race, the prize will be double to $2 millions.
The eleven teams
Nadiya & Natalie, Twins
Josh & Brent, Goat Farmers / Life Partners (both former stars on The Fabulous Beekman Boys)
Robb & Kelley, Married Monster Truckers
Trey & Lexi, Dating
James & Abba, Friends (James is former metal bassist for White Lions and Megadeth)
Abbie & Ryan, Dating Divorcees (Ryan is a former contestant on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart)
James & James, Chippendales dancers / Friends
Rob & Sheila, Engaged Lumberjacks
Caitlin & Brittany, Best Friends
Gary & Will, Best Friends / Substitute Teachers
Amy & Daniel, Dating On and Off (Amy is double amputee professional snowboarder Amy Purdy).September 1, 2012 at 10:38 am #258207
It’s fascinating how appearing on reality television shows is now a viable career option for anyone. It used to be just MTV and VH1 programs, hopping around inside the same ecosystem, but now it doesn’t matter.September 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm #258208
It’s fascinating how appearing on reality television shows is now a viable career option for anyone. It used to be just MTV and VH1 programs, hopping around inside the same ecosystem, but now it doesn’t matter.
Not unheard of; you would be surprised how many people “make a living” out of being game show contestants (and not just Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter).
Besides, if anybody thinks these people are really popular, I just ask:
“Okay, name as many contestants on The Amazing Race as you can.”
“Easy – there’s -“
“First AND Last Names.”
“Um…”September 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm #258209
Jaymes – the blond Chippendale member from the group, is out of the closet and somewhat known in the community.September 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm #258210
Oh, I’m glad this show is finally back.
A decent season premiere. Nowhere near the highest quality fans of TAR are aware of, but still a great start. I was thinking there was going to be one more detour on this leg, but alas there wasn’t. The team that’s easiest to root for right now is Amy & Daniel and I can already tell that I’m not going to like Abbie & Ryan or Gary & Will. I’ll give it a few more episodes before I get a little more invested in the teams.
And thank god this was an elimination leg. I was starting to get tired of the NELs as season premieres.October 1, 2012 at 5:38 am #258211
This show is always a favorite of mine. Quality entertainment.
The food detour didn’t seem that hard. Nobody complained about the taste of the food just the fact that knowing what it was grossed them out — they should have got something that tasted nasty.
Already hate Nadiya and Natalie.October 1, 2012 at 5:47 am #258212
Solid premiere. Would have been nice to see the Chippendales get the boot because they are a strong physical, male team. Would have opened the field up a little bit. The couple that did get eliminated barely registered.
No early favourites at this point.November 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm #258213
Okay, I’ll revive…. with the best quote I’ve heard all season…
“It says Beyonce at 8.”
Jaymes… love him so hard.November 19, 2012 at 11:45 am #258214
^ LOL!November 20, 2012 at 8:25 am #258215
Solid season. The farmer boys have hung around far too long. The Chippendales are way more likeable than I expected them to be…I just want the cocky dating couple to be gone.November 20, 2012 at 8:40 am #258216
Yeah, other than the Beekman Boys, I can see any of the remaining teams winning it. There’s a handful of strong & solid teams this season unless in the recent previous seasons. Heck, if James & Abba didn’t lose their passport, then all the teams remaining would be up for it. Here’s my “barometer”:
Teams I Like In Order:
1. Jaymes & James, yes… I have a crush on Jaymes. I find his loudness endearing… after a few episodes.
2. The Beekman Boys
3. Trey & Lexi
4. The Twinnies, the stealing was awful but….
5. Abbie & Ryan, rubbed me the wrong way from the start.
Ranked In Order of Strength:
1. Abbie & Ryan, make no mistake though, they got lucky with the hiccup. I totally expect to go back to the front of the pack soon in position to the final three.
2. The Twinnies, ridiculously solid. Minor slip up in Russia but I see them flying through.
3. Jaymes & James, they’re heating up at the right time. Let’s see how that ankle looks, pretty on par with…
4. Trey & Lexi, haven’t made a self inflicted mistake yet in the race.
5. The Beekman Boys, love them.. but they’re not long for this race. Can’t remember the last time they started a full leg not in last place.November 20, 2012 at 8:59 am #258217
It’s been a good season- thought It started off slow but improved with twins and James’s.November 20, 2012 at 11:20 am #258218
I surprisingly like Abbie & Ryan — hate the twinnies.November 21, 2012 at 2:50 am #258219
still, after 21 seasons, one of my favorites. i missed a few seasons the past year or so back but this season has definitely renewed my love for the show.
like abby and ryan. maybe in the minority but they are faaaar from some of the worst teams we’ ve seen on this show before, and he can be kinda funny from time to time like with this past week’s timezone roadblock.
hate the twins. omg i hate the twins. find myself wishing theyd get clipped by a taxi n injured just enough to put them out of the race…and render them mute for the rest of their lives. the sooner they go the better…jk of course…..sort of. i do hate them though, lol oh and another of the reasons i enjoy abby n ryan is for their dislike of the twins as well.
i agree with an above comment on james n jaymes, far more likeable then expected, very suprised by that. the blonde one, i think thats jaymes, can be kind of obnoxious and the channing tatum white boy who thinks hes a thug voice has gotta go, but hes a funny guy n seems like a good guy too. the other ones a little dim though but still a nice guy himself. would be good winners in my opinion. them or abby and ryan.
beekman boys have shouldve been gone a few legs back and boy do they keep hangin in this race by the skin of their asses, decent guys but shouldnt be the winners, admire their luck n overcoming obstacles thing they got going but arent running a good worthy race for the win.
trey and lexi are bland, running a decent race and could win, id b ok with them winning because theyll have earned it but they just to blah to root for in my opinionNovember 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm #258220
The defending Emmy winner just said hello to their next Emmy submission. By far the best episode of the season to this point. Multiple flight drama, fast forwards, emotional betrayals, good challenges, U-Turns… One can argue the obvious elimination is not good enough for your usual reality tape, but I believe the drama of everything prior to the last 4 minutes gave that a warranted send off.
But back to the show outside of Emmy world. WOW. I honestly thought Jaymes and James were not gonna U-Turn Abbie & Ryan. I don’t hate their decision and am surprised and glad Abbie & Ryan wouldn’t be around the next leg for Jaymes & James to feel the wrath.
Leave it to the luckiest team I’ve ever seen on TAR, the Beekman Boys to be only one leg away from completing the race. It’s OBVIOUS next week is a non-elimination leg episode. I love those boys, if they manage to pull off another upset and be in the final three, you bet your butts I’m gonna be rooting for them to win it all. To the rankings:
My Favorite Teams In Order:
1. The Beekman Boys, Josh almost got dummy points from me on this one.
2. Jaymes & James… I took them down a notch. I don’t blame them for playing the game… but something didn’t settle right for whatever reason.
3. Trey & Lexie, I feel like watching Trey this season was like watching Anakin Skywalker turn into Darth Vader.
4. The Twinnies, easy win. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that now Abbie & Ryan are gone, they’re by least favorite.
Ranked In Order of Strength:
1. The Twinnes, another easy win. Ridiculous strong and determined after their small blip in the last couple of legs.
2. Jaymes & James, Obviously got the strength and their U-Turn this week just showed me they’re in it to win it by eliminating their biggest threat.
3. Trey & Lexi, they need to pick it up a bit on the next leg. They’re making silly mistake they could cost them the game if they’re not careful.
4. The Beekman Boys, once again… my boys are starting last in a leg. Can they surprise all by breaking thru?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
6 years ago
6 years ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)