The Americans (2013)

Home // Forums // Television // The Americans (2013)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)

This topic contains 171 replies, has 172 voices, and was last updated by  Terence Alfonso Ang 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Total Topics

The series takes a sometimes darkly comic look at two KGB spies posing as a normal suburban couple, Phillip (Matthew Rhys, Brothers & Sister) and Elizabeth (Russell), whose mission remains a secret even to their children, but begins to come undone by Phillip’s growing attraction to the American way of life, and the additional pressure of finding out their neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), is an FBI agent working in counterintelligence. The couple must also contend with a progressively more real and intimate relationship, while they navigate the complex web of spies and informants they are responsible for.

The Americans comes from Justified and Falling Skies executive producer Graham Yost and is written by Falling Skies writer Joe Weisberg – who is also a former CIA agent. So far, Weisberg is most well known for his work on TNT’s alien invasion drama, but with his firsthand knowledge of the intelligence community, he stands to breakout with this new series. Yost, meanwhile, has dished out three acclaimed seasons of southern-fried justice with a side helping of dark humor onJustified, making FX eager to have his talents on board this series.

The Americans will mark the first lead role in a drama series for Russell since she was on the J.J. Abrams hit Felicity. Since then, Russell has popped up in Abrams’ feature directorial debut, Mission: Impossible III, and was most recently seen on the FOX comedy Running Wilde,  

Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Total Topics

FX’s Homeland??? Hopefully!!! I can/will watch both!!!

Profile photo of Riley Chowthedemonhog
    Participant
    Total Topics

Nervous about Yost spending so much time on this when he has Justified on his plate, but I guess Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk can do it.  Then again, their shows are Glee and American Horror Story.

Profile photo of uncreativenameuncreativename
    Total Topics

I saw the preview for this the other day and it looks really promising.

Profile photo of Renato MirandaRenaton
    Total Topics

Nervous about Yost spending so much time on this when he has Justified on his plate, but I guess Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk can do it.  Then again, their shows are Glee and American Horror Story.

Murphy and Falchuk can do it because their shows are terrible no matter what anyways  

Profile photo of Jeremy JohnstonIcky
    Participant
    Total Topics

I actually think AHS is good this season. It’s mix of camp and horror homage is clicking. The first season didn’t do anything for me,

Profile photo of KatelynSimonKatelynSimon
    Total Topics

Hopefully!!! I can/will watch both!!!

—————————-
    Intergrate All Awesome Movies – [url=http://www.hotdvdmarket.com/]click here[/url] World Around for You!

Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Total Topics

[quote=”thedemonhog”]Nervous about Yost spending so much time on this when he has Justified on his plate, but I guess Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk can do it.  Then again, their shows are Glee and American Horror Story.

Murphy and Falchuk can do it because their shows are terrible no matter what anyways  [/quote]

Very well said…..!!!!

AHS’ current season is so crappy, i want to go back and watch the first season….. 

Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Total Topics

http://tvline.com/2012/12/04/fx-premiere-date-the-americans-russell-rhys/

Jan. 30!!! Here’s to hoping this’ll be good!!! 

Profile photo of eastwesteastwest
    Participant
    Total Topics

bump

Terence Alfonso Ang
    Participant
    Total Topics

in about 5 days….

Profile photo of eastwesteastwest
    Participant
    Total Topics

Here’s another promo art and the opening credits.

Profile photo of Graeme O'NeilGraeme O’Neil
    Total Topics

Keri Russell needs a hit. And soon.

Profile photo of L.M.BRaylan
    Total Topics

Fx always has great dramas..SOA, Justified, Terriers, The Shield and so on. Im sure The Americans will be good.

Profile photo of Eddie ABamaEd
    Participant
    Total Topics

Can’t wait for this show. I’m fairy intrigued. Looking forward to another wonderful Keri Russell performance after The Upside of Anger and the underrated Waitress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.