Home Forums Television The band at the 2011 ceremony

The band at the 2011 ceremony

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Beau S.
    Topics:

I was rewatching bits from the 63rd Primetime Emmys from 2011 and I noticed that for every winner, the band played irrelevant pop-ish music instead of the theme song/score from each winner’s TV show. I noticed some Coldplay in there, and also some Daft Punk.

I thought it was really awkward and misplaced, and even spoiled some great winning moments. Frankly, I’m surprised that nobody made note of it or complained about it.

Am I the only one who notices this? 

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I noticed it and I hated it.  Bowen won and some weird techno music played instead of the Modern Family theme.  And it followed suit with all the winners. 

Just represents the ADD like nature in which these shows are produced.  Apparently playing the shows theme for the winning nominee is not good enough anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, no. Far from it. When we opened up that thread of suggestions for NPH on what to do this year, I specifically cited the pop music as something that really irritated me. It really did spoil things often, as I generally love hearing the nominees’ theme music play during the little category compilation slides that they run. Having the wins followed up by statements from that lame announcer there who replaced John Hodgeman just kind of magnified my displeasure.

Oddly enough, they didn’t substitute the music for every win. One that I love to go back to is Jason Katims winning best writing for the Friday Night Lights finale. They actually use the FNL theme to play as he takes the stage, and it almost plays out completely by the time he approaches the mic, so it really added some epic grandness to the ceremony. I wish they’d stayed consistent with that at other points in the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s right Halo.

They played the shows theme for the writing and directing winners but not the actors.

Total schizo spazzy production.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

A shame, too. Hearing the Game of Thrones and Friday Night Lights themes would have really been the cherry on top for Peter Dinklage’s and Kyle Chandler’s wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

I rewatched Dinklage’s win recently and it does sound like the GoT theme, albeit barely. It’s weird that the FNL theme wasn’t played for Chandler, despite it playing for Katims. Playing the theme, in addition to having a former costar presenting the award, would have Chandler’s win even sweeter. I know I got chills when the theme played for Katims.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

bump

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: The band at the 2011 ceremony

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.