Home Forums Television We’re already a quarter of the way through 2014’s Emmy cycle

We’re already a quarter of the way through 2014’s Emmy cycle

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Time sure is flying. June 1 marked the beginning of a new Emmy cycle, and since today is September 1, we’re already a quarter of the way through next year’s Emmy eligibility period.

Based on what’s aired already in June, July and August, are there any stars or shows that are sure bets to receive a nomination at the 2014 Emmys?

Yes, it’s still very early to start predicting for the 2014 Emmys, but this might be a good way for us to remember all the summer shows before the onslaught of the fall season begins!

james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

Orange is the New Black 

ReplyCopy URL
    iveriver
    Topics:

If Broadchurch is eligible and has a campaign going for them, then we could see some nominations for that.

I want HBO to campaign for Olivia Munn hard, because she’s been doing really great work in the past few weeks on The Newsroom.

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

Will there be a lot of open spaces to fill in the comedy categories? Is it correct that Louie is ineligible for 2014? And of course 30 Rock is gone… I think Veep will make a big splash next year, and perhaps be a frontrunner for Best Comedy Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    unsunganthem
    Participant
    Topics:

Umm. Breaking Bad. Across the board, it will receive nods in every category it’s eligible for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Peter Saarsgard – “Six Minutes” (The Killing)

One of the best pieces of acting I’ve seen in years. He should be a lock for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Unfortunately, he’ll most likely be forgotten by next year, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

If Syfy can convince the Emmys to do the right thing and allow it into competition, or has to resort to legal means to strongarm them into doing so, Continuum in all drama series categories, especially Rachel Nichols (‘Second Opinion” or “Second Time”); an acting clinic, she puts on that renders her potential opposition to also-ran status.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Obviously Breaking Bad, but I wouldn’t rule out Orange is the New Black. The Newsroom could pick up a few more nominations next year due to a better season too. Other than that, nothing much really. Fortunately network shows are returning in 3 weeks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing about Breaking Bad is that it pretty much maxed out its nominations in its fourth season.  This year, despite more momentum, it scored the same number of nominations (thirteen) because there is not really anywhere else to go.  The series is never going to get into something like best hairstyling because what hairstyling?  The only difference from the last two years is that they swapped out Mark Margolis and supporting visual effects for two writing nominations.  Margolis was ineligible this past year and they had no “Face Off” visual effects.

Orange is the New Black will be big.

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Orange Is The New Black will pull off a Glee Season 1 and earning almost as many nominations (19 I think). Also, Mom and hopefully the return of New Girl.

ReplyCopy URL
    SaraR
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Orange Is the New Black is slated to come back for its second season this spring, so it will have two seasons eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh, I hate it when they do that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Peter Saarsgard – “Six Minutes” (The Killing)

One of the best pieces of acting I’ve seen in years. He should be a lock for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Unfortunately, he’ll most likely be forgotten by next year, though.

Absolutely this! I feel that no one will be able to top his performance in “Six Minutes” this year. Unfortunately, he probably will be forgotten by next year. But, hey, you never know with these things.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep in mind that Orange Is the New Black is slated to come back for its second season this spring, so it will have two seasons eligible.

I remember that The Office had its first two seasons eligible the year it won Comedy Series. Also, I believe Six Feet Under had its first two seasons eligible in 2002.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Orange Is The New Black will pull off a Glee Season 1 and earning almost as many nominations (19 I think). Also, Mom and hopefully the return of New Girl.

I doubt OitNB will get that many nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
Reply To: We’re already a quarter of the way through 2014’s Emmy cycle

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.