Home Forums Television What do you consider to be the 100 Best Shows of All Time?

What do you consider to be the 100 Best Shows of All Time?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, well people had much to say about the latest lists from the WGA and Entertainment Weekly on this topic. Here’s an idea — how about we each form a list of what we consider to be the 100 best shows of all time?

You can include the following genres: dramas, comedies, animated shows, variety shows, reality shows, sports shows, and news programs. They don’t have to all be American shows either.

I’ll rank everyone’s opinion for their #1 with 100 points, #2 with 99 points, #3 with 98 points, and so on to get a collective list for what goldderby thinks are the 100 best shows.

Now should we all post our lists in this thread or would it be better if everyone PMs me their lists so it’ll be more secretive and suspenseful when I add up the numbers for the collective list? What does everybody think?

SaraR
    Topics:

I don’t think I’ve even seen 100 complete (or ongoing) TV shows in my lifetime. That’s a lot of TV shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be better for everyone to rank their top 10 tv shows, and the more votes an tv show gets, the highest he ranks? not everyone has seen 100 shows that they cared about enough to put it in the “my 100 favorites” list.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Perhaps, but would a bunch of top 10 lists give us 100 shows with points?

ReplyCopy URL
    nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

Or maybe a top 20, which is easier to make and would be more accurate. The lists of people here might have a lot of stuff in common, but I think that with 20 shows each, there will be enough to make a top 100.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe top 25-30.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a ton of shows I have never watched and I have no intention of watching.  Eras and all… anyone’s list would annoy someone.  For instance, I’ve never seen every episode of ‘I Love Lucy’ but what I have seen is fucking stupid.  I’m sure it was great and all back when it aired and influenced a lot of people but on its own is bad, uncomfortable comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

So, we should avoid doing stuff just because it will annoy others? Might as well shut down this site or, hell, the whole internet. None of us have watched everything. I’m sure the same can be said for the people who voted for WGA and EW’s lists.

I haven’t watched all of I Love Lucy, though I have grown up on its reruns. It had its moments, many of which still are laugh out loud. It’s not one of my favorites however. I preferred The Honeymooners from that era, though it unfortunately lasted much shorter.

The Wire or The Golden Girls being number one would equally offend me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

#1 will always be The Golden Girls.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

“Thank you for being a friend…”

ReplyCopy URL
    iveriver
    Topics:

So what is everyone’s #1 show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

#1 will always be The Golden Girls.

Yes!!! Definitely one of the greatest and smartest comedies ever! Then there is the Sopranos which is the greatest Drama series ever created (Even though as an Italian, it’s pretty offending at times.) with The West Wing coming close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

a top 20 would be better for make a list

ReplyCopy URL
    keithw
    Participant
    Topics:

Number one for me is The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
    Others I remember fondly include:  MASH, Seinfeld, The Beverly Hillbillies, Knots Landing, Maude, Laverne & Shirley, Will & Grace, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Dynasty, The Sopranos, Mad Men,  Survivor, Gunsmoke.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Reply To: What do you consider to be the 100 Best Shows of All Time?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.