Home Forums Television What is your Dream SAG TV Awards Nominated Performance of 2017?

What is your Dream SAG TV Awards Nominated Performance of 2017?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Teridax
Hunter-ish
1avengers
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

If you had just one wish for the SAG TV Awards to nominate a specific performance you passionately loved but don’t think will be recognized, what performance would it be? You can call locks like Nicole Kidman “Big Little Lies” any day, but who’s your #1 underdog you would use your wish for?

I would pick Carrie Coon for The Leftovers. Even though I don’t want her to beat Elisabeth Moss (who is already a lock) I still am convinced her performance as Nora is a close 2nd. I would also normally say Justin Theroux, but alas, the specific nature of the question forbids it.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Aisha Hinds for Underground

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree Carrie Coon for The Leftovers. She would be a worthier winner than Moss, THT has won enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

I want anyone, but Carrie Coon. Thanks!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree Carrie Coon for The Leftovers. She would be a worthier winner than Moss, THT has won enough.

Even though I disagree about her being worthier than Moss I completely understand your logic, plus the fact that this will literally be the last chance to award Coon for her role in The Leftovers, while SAG will presumably have many more years to recognize Moss for her role in The Handmaid’s Tale.

Honestly, if Carrie Coon were to beat Elisabeth Moss at SAG and/or the Globes I wouldn’t complain as long as both groups awarded the latter next year. Unlike a lot of other people on these forums, I have total confidence the 2nd season of THT will be amazing, or at least won’t have a sophomore slump even with the show moving beyond the book. I trust the writers to develop the characters and expand the world believably as they have been doing.

My favorite thing about having so many awards shows is they can spread the wealth to spectacular performances and shows the Emmys miss out on. Even though Boardwalk Empire never won Drama Series at the Emmys, it still won the Globe for Drama Series for S1 and Steve Busemi won for the first 2 seasons at SAG individually and as part of the ensemble. Kristen Schaal never was nominated for an Emmy for her excellent work voicing Mabel Pines on Gravity Falls, but the Annie Awards gave her the win. Evan Rachel Wood was snubbed by SAG and lost the Globe and Emmy for her fantastic performance on Westworld, but she still won the Critics Choice Award. And so many other examples…

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Freddie Highmore for Bates Motel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Rachel Bloom, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy Rossum, Shameless

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy Rossum, Shameless

Isn’t it literally insane how William H. Macy won twice yet neither Emmy Rossum nor the ensemble has ever been nominated even once? Even Macy himself said the first time he won the SAG for Shameless regarding the cast’s snub, “I don’t know why you aren’t nominated.” Weird!

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Place for Ensemble!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    seberko
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone from The Leftovers would be wonderful, but my ultimate dream nomination would be Michael McKean for Better Call Saul. The Crown doesn’t come out until a week before SAG noms are announced, so I don’t know if Lithgow will be eligible. With that empty slot, the category really opens up, and I’m hoping McKean can slip in and maybe even win

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael McKean fa sho

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Nicholson at the Oscars (1985) – Prizzi’s Honor

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy rossum , Freddie Highmore , Carrie Coon , Vera Farmiga

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Why SAG? Globes don’t have as much category limitations and are more open to nominate left field contenders like the ones that have been mentioned so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Shailene Woodley in Big Little Lies.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: What is your Dream SAG TV Awards Nominated Performance of 2017?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.