What is your favourite variety performance 2016-2017?

Home // Forums // Television // What is your favourite variety performance 2016-2017?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
  • Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

For me it’s without a question Laura Benanti as Melania Trump. She’s out of this world good. Four times she appeared on Colbert I had to change my pants. So fucking funny my stomach hurts from laughing. She mops the floor with all the comedy performances this season. Olson who? O’Hara who? JLD who? She’s even better than Tina Fey as Sarah Palin! That’s how fucking brilliant she is. If this was a TV show she would have won TCA, GG, SAG and Emmy in a cakewalk. Seriously why no network hasn’t thought about it yet? Cast her on a show about foreign golddigger who marries old dude for money waiting till he kicks the bucket then guy runs for president for fun, wins and her whole world falls apart. Call it Fourth Lady or something like that. And call her Helena Gump (or some similar name). For at least four years they’re gonna have plenty of material to choose from. Seriously so fucking brilliant.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

John Oliver – for delivering insightful and hilarious commentary week after week. I almost appreciate him more not for the Trump coverage (although that is very good) but for the deep dives on seemingly boring and off-the-radar topics that he manages to make seem approachable and funny. I anticipate he is going to win his category again this year (and probably for a few more years to come).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I know people will Critisize this, but I love Jimmy Kimmel. When I come home I just lay down and watch his show. He’s just relatable. I know his show isn’t the most “relevant” or “topical”, but he’s just funny to me. And he always has my favorite guest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy’s Sean Spicer on “SNL.” Inspired, iconic, and Emmy-worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I like all the previously mentioned performers, but the year’s revelation has to be Anthony Atamanuik as Trump on The President Show. I can never decide if he’s more brilliant doing the monologues or thr sketches. His work makes Baldwin’s on SNL seem like high school acting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pieman1994
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone but Alec Baldwin. Was kind of funny at first, and then we were pulverized with the same schtick over and over.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Hasan Minhaj’s writing and performance in “Homecoming King” were amazing, so were the production values. He got so much good press for this and his performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner. He could be a surprise nominee in the Variety categories.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: What is your favourite variety performance 2016-2017?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.