Home Forums Television What new comedy of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

What new comedy of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
mikeboy898
Riley
sturnc
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

What new comedy has the best chance at this years Emmys?

Master of None is by far and away the most acclaimed show out of all the options. Aziz Anzari is a very popular comedian and it the fact that it is on Netflix doesnt hurt it. Anzari is a lock for a nomination, and I think it has a really good shot of getting in

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

sturnc
    Participant
    Topics:

Master of None has by far the best chance. It is the only one of the choices that is better than a longshot. Horace and Pete could get in, we know how much they love Louis C.K., and something in the back of my mind is telling me Angie Tribeca will get in as well as Rashida Jones, but that is very unlikely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

“Horace and Pete”

ReplyCopy URL
    Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

Master of None gets my vote. However, I’d love to Love get in as well. I’m almost done with S1 and I think it’s fantastic.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t surprise me, honestly, if all of these end up getting the shaft. I actually went with “The Grinder,” as I can fathom Fred Savage landing a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely Master of None – it underperformed a bit on the guilds circuit but I am hoping that it can still make a strong showing at the Emmys. A writing nod especially would be well warranted.

Baffled by everybody stumping for Horace and Pete. It is not associated with any platform or network, it is distributed though Louis C.K.’s personal website. Is he himself going to personally fund an Emmy campaign? Will voters even know this exists? I highly doubt this happens.

I agree with above poster that Savage (or maybe even Lowe) may surprise with a nom from Grinder although I am not currently predicting either ..those categories can sometimes throw a WTF nominee in there from an otherwise ignored broadcast show (Brooklyn 9-9 comes to mind).

For Crazy Ex, I am not a huge fan overall of the show but a few original song noms would be great – those are far and away the best part of the show. Bloom does stand a chance as well, especially because the Emmys seem to like creator/actors (i.e. Louis C.K., Lena Dunham, etc.). It’ll be too bad if she is the first CW actress to get in over Rodriguez, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

I love both Grinder and Master of None but The Grinder is my new favorite new comedy in 5 or ten years I think it is comedy gold every week. I wish we could see a repeat of 2011 when both leads on The Big Bang Theory so they could find a way to nominate Lowe and Savage. But I am doubtful because FOX sitcoms that weren’t Arrested Development or GLEE haven’t done that well @ The EMMYS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Master of None. 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

100% Master of None, hands down, without a doubt.

Love does not deserve an Emmy nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Master of None, but I’m not as sure as I am with drama. This crop is pretty basic. 

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Master of None getting nominations for series, directing, and writing. It wouldn’t be too out of the question for Aziz Ansari to get an acting nod, though I wouldn’t personally nominate him myself. I would love to see Noel Wells get a supporting nomination but I don’t think it’ll happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Louis C.K. on Horace and Pete:

Warning: this show is not a ‘comedy’. I dunno what it
    is. It can be funny. And also not. Both. I believe that ‘funny’ works
    best in its natural habitat. Right in the jungle along with ‘awful’,
    ‘sad’, ‘confusing’ and ‘nothing’. I just think it’s fair this one time
    to warn you since you have every right to expect a comedy from a
    comedian.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Unless it goes limited, it is also a drama at the Emmys by default, just because of its runtime.  And if it appeals for a comedy classification, no way is the academy granting it if they only watch the first episode, which is more of a “Thirsty Bird” than a “Milk of the Gods”.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the show that is gonna break big this year on the Comedy side is not a first year show. It’s gonna be “blackish”. Mark my words….

As for the above shows, I only see “Master of None” and “Crazy Ex Girlfiend” as gaining any and very little traction.  

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I think both Master of None and Blackish will get Comedy Series nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: What new comedy of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.