Home Forums Television What new drama of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

What new drama of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Rooney Moore
tjd
pablozedd
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

What new drama will do the best at this year’s Emmys?

If I had to pick one, it would be Vinyl. Vinyl is executive produced by one of the most popular and acclaimed directors, Martin Scorsese (who directed the pilot) and Mick Jagger. Its on HBO, and stars Emmy winners Bobby Canavale and Ray Romano. 

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget that another one of Vinyl’s creators Terrence Winter is the head of writer’s branch in the Academy.

The answer is, Mr.Robot.

Narcos is a big question mark. It’s both popular and on Netflix. That combination has worked for so many shows so far, but hard to figure out where it can get in. Wish there were more than 5 slots for directing and writing categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    pablozedd
    Participant
    Topics:

Out of these, Mr. Robot, Billions, Vinyl and hopefully Narcos.

ReplyCopy URL
    sturnc
    Participant
    Topics:

Mr. Robot and Vinyl will probably both make it. Mr. Robot has been recognized everywhere and buzz for it is off the charts, really the Emmys will have some serious explaining to do if it misses. Vinyl has the period piece vibe and the Winter/Scorcese influence behind it and in a year without an obvious seventh series nominee I think it gets in. I do hope The Path is good enough to break in, but something tells me all that will get, no matter how good it is, is maybe an Aaron Paul nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

It is gotta be “The Path”. God I hope I am not wrong on this one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

“Horace and Pete”, duh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

Mr. Robot should and hopefully will get in there. It has been recongized by the Critics and other award shows and the second season will be out around voting/nominations. It had an excellent first season that truly deserves recongition. I definitely think Christian Slater and Rami Malek will get in there too. 

I think Vinyl will make it in as well because it has such prestige. Billions will probably get acting noms.

I’m curious about The Path. I hope it’s good and that it being on Hulu doesn’t get them ignored.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t see how they resist “Mr. Robot.” If “The Family” is any good, though, Joan Allen should be a shoo-in for a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I am also very perplexed what to do with Narcos. I could see it making a big splash and surprising with a lot of noms or missing out 100%. Is it possible it bumps out Orange or HOC? I know I am a bit less bullish on HOC’s chances overall than most of these forums. Otherwise, I do not see room for it in the drama series line up.

Mr. Robot and Vinyl I am fairly confident are going to do well. I am currently predicting Emmy favorite Cannavale to take this home in a cake walk.

I am almost certain Mr. Robot is in for Rami and series and most likely Slater. A true testament to its strength will be if it can make a well deserved showing in writing and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Mr. Robot has been on a roll and has the right momentum to break into some major races this year. Drama series, Rami Malek, and Directing noms should all be within reach.

Amazon has proved themselves to be great campaigners, so I wouldnt be surprised to see some nominations for Man in the High Castle. 

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely Mr. Robot. Emmy voters will latch on to this show. The buzz is huge.

Vinyl – still early to tell. Definitely Directing and Bobby Cannavale at the VERY least.

I am very curious about The Path – will it be Hulu’s 1st Emmy nomination? It seems very promising and has an Emmy darling (Aaron Paul) in the lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Mr. Robot

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

Mr. Robot and Vinyl are both going to do very well, I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

The Man In The High Castle. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: What new drama of the 2015-2016 TV season has the best chance at the 2016 Emmys?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.