Home Forums Television What shows will fill in the two empty slots at the 2017 Emmy's?

What shows will fill in the two empty slots at the 2017 Emmy's?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

There have been many new shows this summer. What has a chance at next years emmys. Game of thrones will not be eligible and Downton abbey had ended. So that is at least two spots open. Homeland seems to be on the edge and also might not return next year. Mr robot season 2 seems to be not as well received so could it be dropped? Personally I think Orange is the New Black will come back next year with a vengeance, season 4 was so good. So let’s assume there is only one open slot. What will take its place? The fist show that comes to mind seems to be Stranger things, but it is sci-fi so the academy might not embrace it (also I am not sure whether or not it would be in the mini series category, it will have a season 2 that is a continuation so I would assume it is not a mini series). I would not be suprised if unreal or Ray Donovan get recognition. More new shows, also preacher is possible, even though I doubt it. If it got any recognition, it would probobly be for Ruth Negga. Then we have the night of( once again, is it a mini series?), which has to get some recognition. Besides those 3, most other new summer shows haven’t been so great, like roadies, animal kingdom and etc. and then we have the total wild guesses with shows that haven’t even come out yet. The crown has tons of buzz. Also, could Luke cage finally give marvel recognition after kyrsten Ritter gave one of the best performances of 2015. Luke cage is very timely and deals with important issues, so I would not be suprised. There are many network drama with buzz, mainly this is us and designated survivor, but they are network shows, so other than kiefer Sutherland, I don’t see anything happening.  Baz Luhrman’s the get down has a big name as a creator and with pretty good early review so far, it could make a dent. USA is following up its succes with Mr robot with falling water, from the direcor of 28 weeks later. Westworld is sure to at least be in in the conversation due to it being on HBO and having huge talent behind and in front of the camera. I’m sure HBO would be happy if Game of thrones’s replacement was another HBO show. This year has so many good tv shows so far, and we are only a fraction through the Emmy year so far. What summer show do want to see break in? Stranger things or the night of? Donyou want a returning show like OITNB, Unreal or Ray Donovan to break in. Will Homeland stay gripping on by its fingernails, even if the next season is good. Could we see sci Fi shows break in, like Luke cage, stranger things and west world. What shows won’t return to the best series category. Did I get any deatails wrong? Thanks and please tell me what you thin because I am very curious.

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

OITNB and Ray Donovan

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown and Westworld, which would be quite funny because The Crown is clearly Netflix trying to capitalise on the success of period dramas such as Downton and Westworld is clearly HBO trying to capitalise on the success of fantasy epics such as GOT. It would be basically the same line up as this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m only confident in Ray Donovan. In fact, they should cut the series nominations to 5 next year:

Drama:

The Americans
    Better Call Saul
    Homeland
    Mr. Robot
    Ray Donovan

Comedy:

Black-ish
    Catastrophe
    Insecure
    Transparent
    Veep

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Ray Donovan and MAYBE The Get Down, although I don’t know if the latter will be categorized as a Comedy or Drama Series.

I would LOVE to say Braindead will get nominated, but the mixed critical reviews combined with its almost inevitable cancellation really hurts it. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Orange is the new black.

And maybe Ray Donovan

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld and The Crown have to be the two likeliest as of now.

Not buying Ray Donovon breaking through or OITNB coming back.

I would also keep an eye out for Sharp Objects

ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I am not sure sharp objects will be ready to then, but Amy Adams on tv, even if it’s the worst performance ver she would get recognition because she is Amy Adams

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

In fact, they should cut the series nominations to 5 next year:

Comedy:
    Black-ish
    Catastrophe
    Insecure
    Transparent
    Veep

Silicon Valley!

Reviews, ratings, HBO. Two wins last year under the new system. Nominated every season for series/writing/directing. Every writing/directing/editing submission nominated this year. Actor, sound, casting, production design.

What will it take for people to take this show seriously at the Emmys? It is ludicrously behind black-ish in the odds when it should be second/third.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I agree that in the odds it should be higher than blackish because it had more nominations, but I thought season 2 of blackish was much much better than season 3 of Silicon Valley. But I may be biased because I think blackish should win, even though I still think Silicon Valley is more likely

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, this season was not great, so of course the Emmys gave it more love than ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

To be completely honest, even though my brain is saying I’m crazy, my heart is telling me that blackish has a chance. Even though I know it’s unlikely. But I genuinely would not be suprised if Anderson could pull an upset and beat Tambor

ReplyCopy URL
    Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown is likely going to walk right into that vacated Downton Abbey spot as long as the reviews are what everyone expects them to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

It looks like Netflix will be dominating so much to the point where it’ll be fighting itself, the two slots are probobly Borge going to Netflix fighting itself for OINTB, The get down, the crown, and stranger things.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.