What was your favorite new COMEDY series of the 2014-2015 season?

Home // Forums // Television // What was your favorite new COMEDY series of the 2014-2015 season?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Gone_Guy
    Topics:

Just like the drama series thread, which of these 10 new comedy series was your favorite of the 2014-2015 season? Were there any you tried to watch but didn’t care for? And how long do you see them lasting?

Also, I’m classifying them the way are at awards shows. So even though I personally feel (as do many others) that Transparent is a drama series, the Globe/Critics Choice/TCA/Emmy voters feel it is a comedy series. 

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. By far the funniest show of the bunch and it’s so great to have a Tina Fey helmed show back on TV. I think especially being on Netflix, it’ll run for as long or even more than 30 Rock’s 7 seasons. Transparent is a close second. It is one of the most beautiful shows to arise with such a touching and beautiful performance from Tambor. 

Fresh Off the Boat was really cringeworthy bad to me. I sat through 2 episodes and just couldn’t take it anymore. But ABC will keep it on for a while probably and keep brilliant shows like Trophy Wife as one season wonder gems piling up in a quality graveyard  

ReplyCopy URL
    eric123
    Participant
    Topics:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was fantastic, and all the other ones here were good too (except like The Comedians, Happyish, and Grace and Frankie). 

But why is You’re the Worst not an option in this poll?!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

My ranking of the options are:

1) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 
    2) Grace & Frankie
    3) The Last Man on Earth
    4) Black-ish
    5) Jane the Virgin
    6) Transparent

I tried watching Togetherness and Happyish but didn’t like them enough to continue watching. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Kimmy Schmidt, for filling the void that 30 Rock left.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Absolutely Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s the funniest of the bunch. It has the quirky humor I love. And you can never go wrong with Tina Fey. It found its perfect home at Netflix.

The Comedians is also much funnier than I anticipated. It grew on me a lot throughout its first season. I love Billy Crystal and Josh Gad together. The humor isn’t always the sharpest and drags a little sometimes, but it mostly works. Stephanie Weir is absolutely stellar on the show. One of my favorite supporting comedy performances of the year.

I watched Transparent way back in September last year, so my memory on it is fading, but it was still one of my favorite new shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gone_Guy
    Topics:

Wow, Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt has nearly 50 percent of the vote. I had no idea GoldDerby posters were that intensely passionate about it. I honestly thought Jane the Virgin would win, but it actually is currently in 3rd (behind Transparent). 

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Transparent.

ReplyCopy URL
    FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

None of the above?  I didn’t get a chance to finish Transparent (just saw the first episode), but I think I’d like that one.  Grace and Frankie… I watch the first three episodes, and never cared to finish it.  Kimmie…. I couldn’t get through the first episode. It was too annoying for my taste. So, apparently I am one of the few GoldDerbyites who didn’t take to it. Happyness, the same thng. One episode was enough. The network shows don’t appeal to me, at all.  The Comedians grew on me more than I thought it would, but I wouldn’t call it my favorite.  But out of all listed, I will go with that.

Silicon Valley, though not new, became one of my favorite comedies this year. Liked it more than season one. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

The last man on earth is absolutely brilliant. From that list I only watched , Kimmy and Blackish.

I would rank it.

1. The Last Man on Earth
    2. Happyish
    3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I am the only one who found Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to be little more than a life size cartoon however enjoyable.

FYC: The Crown, Fleabag and AHS: Roanoke for Gold Derby TV Awards

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: What was your favorite new COMEDY series of the 2014-2015 season?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.