Home Forums Television Which 2014 Emmy winners will be SNUBBED by Golden Globes?

Which 2014 Emmy winners will be SNUBBED by Golden Globes?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It happens every year. Emmy winners often end up being snubbed by the Golden Globes mere months later.

So… which of this year’s crop of Emmy winners will be snubbed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association?

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Cumberbatch, Freeman, Janney, and Burrell. The supporting categories are always weird since they aren’t split so I don’t see Janney making the cut (even though I love her and her performance on Mom), they haven’t gone for Burrell ever so why start for Season 5/6, Freeman didn’t make the cut the first go around, and Cumberbatch won’t get in with both True Detective and Fargo guys and Mark Ruffalo for Normal Heart. Cuberbatch and Janney are the only two that might get in but doesn’t seem likely  

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Kathy Bates count? I don’t see her getting in for the new season of American Horror Story.

ReplyCopy URL
    bondzzz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not having Burrell, dun think he will be nommed 6 seasons in. Cumberbatch is becoming quite the household name and I think he can easily knocked one of the other 5 mentioned. or i can even see all 6 being nommed. freeman might be the harder one nommed for sherlock.  

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess that Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn are too obvious…

ReplyCopy URL
    Indonesian
    Topics:

Burrell and Freeman

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s weird to me that True Detective and its actors are all eligible for GG nominations nearly a year after the show aired (it makes logistical sense – but I feel like McConnaughey has been showered with enough awards in the past year)

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

True Detective started the same time as the Globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Are lead actress winners Julianna Margulies, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Jessica Lange all locks for Globe noms then?

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I think so. I don’t think Dreyfus will win with Kudrow coming up. Lange and Margulies aren’t locks to win either 

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

Among those Emmy-winning leading ladies, Jessica Lange is the most likely to return.

HFPA wasn’t crazy about Veep and Selina Meyer, so JLD could be snubbed. But the third season was the most acclaimed one yet, so the show could finally break into Best Comedy Series with JLD retaining her slot.

The Good Wife doesn’t have the kind of buzz it did last year. Julianna Margulies is aiming for her sixth consecutive nom and HFPA could be tired of her. But they may let her have one last nom to congratulate George Clooney on winning Cecil B. DeMille Award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardzilla
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I’m mildly going off topic here by listing this year’s emmy nominated (and winning) performances that I think will repeat with globe noms:

DRAMA SERIES:
    – House Of Cards

DRAMA ACTOR:
    – Kevin Spacey

DRAMA ACTRESS:
    – *Julianna Margulies*
    – Robin Wright

COMEDY SERIES:
    – Orange Is The New Black
    – Sillicon Valley

COMEDY ACTOR:
    – Louie C.K

COMEDY ACTRESS:
    – *Julia Louis Dryfus*
    – Taylor Schilling
    – Amy Poehler

MOVIE/MINI SERIES:
    – The Normal Heart
    – True Detective
    – Fargo

MOVIE/MINI ACTOR:
    – Mark Ruffalo
    – Matthew McConaughy
    – Billy Bob Thornton
    – *Benedit Cumberbatch*

MOVIE/MINI ACTRESS
    – *Jessica Lange*

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    – Matt Bomer
    – Jim Parsons
    – *Martin Freeman*

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: 
    – Julia Roberts
    – Kate Mulgrew 

The point I’m trying to make is I don’t buy the HFPA choices as much of a follow on from the emmys (Laura Linney Big C Hereafter anyone) or visa versa (Brooklyn Nine Nine), which is why I’m surprised the likes of Jim Carter are in the predictions centre and those like Matt Czuchary or Carrie Coon aren’t. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

And that’s like everyone thinking Ricky Gervais is in this race. Emmys don’t always = Globes on brain patterns 

ReplyCopy URL
    Amanda Spears
    Topics:

On the comedy side Burrell and Janney are not making the cut. I wish maybe only at the golden globes because their supporting category is combined for all tv work that Modern Family submitted in the lead at least one wouldv’e probably already won a golden globe. But for season 5/6 after he’s never been nominated that seems unlikely. Janney’s problem is the Globes hate multi camera shows they only ever nominate Parsons and if their is only one comedy performace that’s going to sneak into the Supporting Actress race its probably the much buzzed about recent Emmy winner Aduba and I’m not a fan of OITNB but Janney should watch out at the next Emmys also. 

As far as Freeman and Bates are concerned they should be able to sneak into the supporting race but these are the hardesr two to predict. Freeman shouldn’t hold his breath on reaping another nod for Lead Actor that field has gotten crowded with the True Detective gentelman and Adrien Brody shouldn’t be discounted either.

Lange has been nominated every year for Horror Story so that won’t change. I actually think Dreyfus could win without seeing any episodes of the Comeback’s Comeback I’m hesitant to bump her for Kudrow. Margulises should be the most vulnerable of all the Emmy winning ladies but I don’t see anyone bumping her this year and I would bet that she would be participating in some way in honoring George Clooney so she seems like a safe bet since they’ll want her to show up.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.