Which Broadcast Network has the Best Schedule for the 2015-2016 Season

Home // Forums // Television // Which Broadcast Network has the Best Schedule for the 2015-2016 Season

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that the networks have done their upfronts (NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS and The CW) and announced their schedules. Here are a few questions

Which network do you think has the best schedule for 2015-2016? 

If you could change the schedule, what your ideal schedule look like

Which new shows, some are being held for midseason would you put on the schedule for the fall?

Finally, which of the new shows do you see becoming hits and which ones do you think will get cancelled?

Discuss 

Ghost
    Topics:

Which network do you think has the best schedule for 2015-2016? ABC.

If you could change the schedule, what your ideal schedule look like Nashville to Sundays and Castle to Tuesdays.

Which new shows, some are being held for midseason would you put on the schedule for the fall? I think all networks have pretty good choices on what to hold for midseason except for NBC’s comedies. Coach and another comedy should have been on the fall schedule, though I guess they’re really banking on People Are Talking bombing.

Finally, which of the new shows do you see becoming hits and which ones do you think will get cancelled? Too early to predict every show’s fate, but I’m certain Of Kings and Prophets will be the first cancelled show of the season. I also predict Angel From Hell, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and People Are Talking will be pulled before airing all episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Which network do you think has the best schedule for 2015-2016? CBS.  I think they have the best mix of new shows, returning favorites and different genres.    

If you could change the schedule, what your ideal schedule look like?  I think I would move Empire to Thursdays at 9pm, against Scandal.    I would also move Fresh Off The Boat to Wednesday’s swapping it with The Goldbergs.   I think FOTB needs a strong lead-in to make it a long-term series, and I’m not sure it is going to get that on Tuesdays.    

Which new shows, some are being held for midseason would you put on the schedule for the fall?  I don’t know. 

Finally, which of the new shows do you see becoming hits and which ones do you think will get cancelled? I think a number of the new series could become hits, I think that Code Black and Limitless on CBS could be pretty solid performers,  over at NBC, I think the strongest contender they have is Blindspot, which if promoted well could be a huge show.   I think Fox has a huge chance at success with their Tuesday line-up, Rob Lowe, John Stamos and Ryan Murphy’s Scream Queens sounds like a potent line-up. 

I think the biggest crash and burns will be CBS’s Supergirl, ABC’s Oil, NBC’s Heartbreaker (which frankly looks laughable) and CBS’s Blindspot which could be a huge disaster. I also think comparisons to Modern Family and Parenthood may hurt the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Which network do you think has the best schedule for 2015-2016? ABC.

Finally, which of the new shows do you see becoming hits and which ones do you think will get cancelled? Too early to predict every show’s fate, but I’m certain Of Kings and Prophets will be the first cancelled show of the season. I also predict Angel From Hell, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and People Are Talking will be pulled before airing all episodes.

My money is on Oil being the first to go.   I can’t believe they think anybody wants to see what is essentially a remake of Dallas. 

ReplyCopy URL
    IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

For historical purposes, here is what was cancelled first in recent years…

2014-2015 – Manhattan Love Story (ABC)
    2013-2014 – Lucky 7 (ABC)
    2012-2013 – Made in Jersey (CBS)
    2011-2012 – The Playboy Club (NBC)
    2010-2011 – Lone Star (FOX)
    2009-2010 – The Beautiful Life (The CW)

Very Safe – October/November Start
    Supergirl
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Angel From Hell

Safe
    The Muppets (ABC synergy will not kill this first)
    Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris (short order)
    Heroes: Reborn (technically a mini series?)
    Scream Queens (short order/most of FOX’s marketing budget)
    Blindspot (The Voice should keep the ratings out of cancellation territory for a little bit)
    Minority Report (name recognition/producers should keep this alive for at least a month)
    Limitless (name recognition/producers should keep this alive for at least a month)
    Heartbreaker (The Voice should keep the ratings out of cancellation territory for a little bit…I think it would be swaped with NPH before canceling)

Probably OK
    Grandfathered & The Grinder (would have to be DOA, they put up with sub 1.0 for Mindy for awhile. No use in pulling anything on FOX before baseball ends)
    Rosewood (can easily slot in a Gordon Ramsey show, but there is no use in pulling anything on FOX before baseball ends)
    Code Black (should be ok with Criminal Minds lead in)
    The Player (could it do any worse than Allegiance?)

Danger
    Life in Pieces (CBS has a stacked comedy bench)
    Dr. Ken (They can always double pump episodes of Last Man Standing)
    People Are Talking (They can’t double pump Undateable, but they can sure as hell air repeats of it)
    Quantico (no recognizable actors…just life Lucky 7…and the same timeslot)
    Oil & Of Kings and Prophets (off brand for ABC, expensive,and competing against Sunday Night Football for male audiences)

Predictions
    Dr. Ken is the first comedy cancelled
    Quantico is the first drama cancelled

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

I would also move Fresh Off The Boat to Wednesday’s swapping it with The Goldbergs.   I think FOTB needs a strong lead-in to make it a long-term series, and I’m not sure it is going to get that on Tuesdays.    

The Middle should have moved to Tuesdays IMO, The Goldbergs constantly outrates it.

[quote=”themeparks4life”]Which network do you think has the best schedule for 2015-2016? ABC.

Finally, which of the new shows do you see becoming hits and which ones do you think will get cancelled? Too early to predict every show’s fate, but I’m certain Of Kings and Prophets will be the first cancelled show of the season. I also predict Angel From Hell, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and People Are Talking will be pulled before airing all episodes.

My money is on Oil being the first to go.   I can’t believe they think anybody wants to see what is essentially a remake of Dallas. [/quote]

The one big advantage Oil has is leading out of OUAT. That alone should probably keep it safe until midseason.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh no! The Middle has been wonderful staying put at the same time slot for a while now. It sets up a nice line up and shouldn’t be moved. And it definitely doesn’t deserved to be moved in for Fresh Off the Boat. I think ABC has the strongest line up out of any night on any network with their Wednesday night line up in terms of flow and working together 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Which Broadcast Network has the Best Schedule for the 2015-2016 Season

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.