Home Forums Television Which New TV Series of the 2014-2015 TV Season Is Most Likely To Do The Best at the 2015 Emmys?

Which New TV Series of the 2014-2015 TV Season Is Most Likely To Do The Best at the 2015 Emmys?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
WaltEagle
Denis
jay eff kay
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

What upcoming TV Shows that will air this year do you expect to have success at the Emmys NEXT YEAR?

I can personally see Extant and Halt and Catch Fire getting some nominations 

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably The Leftovers, if it picks up and have a great season.

ReplyCopy URL
    dj
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to say The Leftovers and The Knick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Halt and Catch Fire has nothing more going for it than Low Winter Sun and Turn.

Extant is on CBS in the summer.

The Leftovers is HBO and Damon Lindelof.

The Knick is Steven Soderbergh and Clive Owen, so it could reinvent Cinemax.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Gracepoint will probably get Anna Gunn in (at the very least).

Viola Davis seems like a safe bet for How To Get Away with Murder. Mayybeee Kate Walsh in Bad Judge.  
    I’m not confident in any of the network shows to break through in comedy or drama series.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Morgan Henard
    Topics:

So many Drama Actress contenders. I’m most curious about Viola Davis in How to Get Away with Murder. Honestly, I feel like leading a network drama was too soon for her. She had (has) a thriving film career at its peak, not to mention Broadway as well (fresh off of a Tony win for Fences, her second Tony, mind you). She delivers with each performance, regardless of the quality of the film (e.g. Doubt, The Help, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Won’t Back Down, Prisoners). This network drama is going to bring a lot of that to a stop due to the schedule, and I’m fine with that as long as the writing matches her talent. 

I’m also very much rooting for Anna Gunn in Gracepoint. Despite her Emmy win (!!!), many did not like her character on Breaking Bad. This is now her chance to show us something different than the torn mother/wife-of-Heisenberg. 

Last season was the year of men in television – Michael Sheen, Liev Schreiber, James Spader, Michael J. Fox, Robin Williams – and now this season is all about the women. And to that I say… Bring it on!  

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

Anna Gunn should be a lock for Best Actress in 2015. Without a doubt. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Titanium
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Eva Green has a very strong chance to get in for Drama Actress if Showtime promote Penny Dreadful right and that there’s no genre bias against it. I mean the woman is a movie star, is the true lead of the show, has a fascinating character, is likeable and shows such emotional range, going from cool and controlled to screaming and crying and shouting all the time. Also she gets possesed and plays like half a dozen “characters” in the space of a scene. Also episode 5 is basically the Eva Green show, she’ll benefit from tons more screentime than many of her possible opponents will have. 

The only problem against the show is it’s gonna be old news by next Emmy voting season, however perhaps the next season will be on by then?  

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I am hoping Mulaney is good. I think it could be a total bust, or it could be the next Seinfeld – a likable young comedian lead, a bunch of crazy friends and a more simplistic, nihilistic story. If anything, Martin Short should get nominated because you know, he’s like a god

ReplyCopy URL
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

Gracepoint is supposed to be a limited series so Gunn will most likely not compete in drama. The new netflix show from the Damages creators should be a big emmy contender if it is succesful and represent Netflix at the emmys instead of that House of Cards which has outside of Wright deserves no emmy attention. With a cast including Kyle Chandler, Chloe Sevigny, Sissy Spacek, Sam Shepard and many more it should be watched. In comedy the new Tina Fey show with Fey’s emmy success should be a big contender in the spring and hopefully gives Ellie Kemper the leading role she deserves (plus Jane Krakowski returns). Alfre Woodard will be name checked probably for that new Katherine Heigl show and I agree completly with Eva Green getting a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cobalt Blue
    Topics:

With Soderbergh directing The Knick, I’m putting that show in the lead position.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Better Call Saul if it’s good.

ReplyCopy URL
    jay eff kay
    Topics:

Im picking Better Call Saul even if it just for best actor for (comedy??) for Odenkirk. Harder to tell if you include technical awards for Penny Dreadful, Outlander and the Strain. The Leftovers is a 50/50 shot because the reviews are crap but because it is HBO that didn’t stop Newsroom from being nominated for a few emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardzilla
    Participant
    Topics:

Showtimes ‘The Affair’

Please be a vehicle for Maura Tierney.

ReplyCopy URL
    Karl William
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Eva Green is totally deserving and if Showtime has a campaign for her and the next season airs during the voting period, I think she has a good chance.

For shows as a whole, I think The Leftovers has a good chance if it picks up a bit. The Pilot was a bit too meandering for me. Gracepoint has a great chance if it goes miniseries like it’s supposed to, and Gunn is probably going to lead that. 

Davis is in a Shonda Rhimes vehicle, but I think it really depends on the show. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Which New TV Series of the 2014-2015 TV Season Is Most Likely To Do The Best at the 2015 Emmys?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.