Home Forums Television Which of this year’s Emmy categories are 100% LOCKS?

Which of this year’s Emmy categories are 100% LOCKS?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Which of this year’s Emmy categories are 100% LOCKS? I can think of two or three races where there is absolutely no alternative to the obvious frontrunner, but what about you?

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Bessie for TV Movie

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

If we’re using the strict definition of “Lock” here, then I’m going none. I could legitimately see at least one or two alternates pull out the victory from a frontrunner in every major category.

The closest I’m willing to go are Jeffrey Tambor and Jonathan Banks.

EDIT: Oh, yep. Bessie in TV Movie. I’d be willing to count that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nomada
    Participant
    Topics:

Viola Davis
    if Robin Wright doesn’t submit Chapter 32 (well, maybe with season finale of
    HOC, Wright also has a small chance)

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Game of Thrones’ seems to have all of the momentum with its giant nomination haul, but seeing as it hasn’t proven it can win ANY big award (SAG, PGA, DGA, Globes, etc.), I am a bit hesitant to count out ‘Mad Men’.

‘Bessie’ seems like the best bet. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Bradley Weir
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “Bessie” for TV Movie is the only lock. Certainly none of the major drama categories are set in stone. Jon Hamm has won’t won in seven(?) attempts, whose to say the voters will be sentimental? Banks isn’t a lock now that they nominated the real deserving winner of the category, Ben Mendelsohn. “Game of Thrones” might still be too controversial, “Mad Men” has already won four times. Forget the nominations count, I still wouldn’t rule out “Orange” or “Downton” or even “House of Cards”.

Drama Lead Actress can go anywhere, because although everyone think Davis has it, they actually nominated Maslany this year and “Homeland” has made a comeback, and Danes is a favourite.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I like to think that the Emmys are the most high profile awards that you cannot really guarantee winners in. Having said that, I’d say that Allison Janney in Comedy Supporting Actress is the one win I’d say is closest to a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    DingbatHauteur
    Topics:

Bessie as Best TV Movie, Olive Kitteridge as Best Limited Series. Also, Jeffrey Tambor, Allison Janney and Cicely Tyson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

Bessie for TV Movie and probably Olive Kitteridge for Limited Series. To say that any of the acting races are 100% LOCKS would be kind of pushing it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Kimmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Bessie as Best TV Movie, Olive Kitteridge as Best Limited Series. Also, Jeffrey Tambor, Allison Janney and Cicely Tyson.

People thought Cicely Tyson was a LOCK last year, and we saw how that eneded up.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

Bessie for TV Movie, because nothing else in that category seems like a possible option. There are no other 100% locks, especially with the new voting system. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

Well technically the Drama Guest Actress category is not really as competitive as the Movie/Mini Actress category was last year. Cicely Tyson has a stronger chance to win this year, but I wouldn’t say she’s a complete lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gone_Guy
    Topics:

I’m forever hesitant to say anyone is a 100 percent lock at the Emmys. Last year, I confidently said, “Anna Gunn and Matt Bomer.” Well, Gunn rightfully won her second for Breaking Bad, but poor Bomer went home Emmyless (thank you, CCTV and HFPA for making sure he collected some hardware for his great performance).

But, I’ll play along:

Drama categories

– Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away with Murder – It’s either her or Rachel Brosnahan. I just can’t see voters going for Brosnahan over Tyson. With Lois Smith absent, Tyson has no true competition.

Comedy categories

– Allison Janney, Mom – It’s either her or Anna Clumsky. Unfortunately, Jane Krakowski didn’t submit her very best, and when you’re in a category with Allison Janney, you have to bring your A-game (and know you’ll still probably lose).

Limited Series/Made-for-TV Movie categories

Bessie for Made-for-TV Movie – At least Queen Latifah wins one Emmy. 

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL. Someone actually said Drama Lead Actress is a lock? Sure, Jan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

I´s say Person to Person for drama writing. The show might not win for its final season, but the finale itself is a sure thing.

Olive Kitteridge and Frances McDormand. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Reply To: Which of this year’s Emmy categories are 100% LOCKS?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.