Home Forums Television Who will CBS choose for their Emmy host in 2013?

Who will CBS choose for their Emmy host in 2013?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Choice Chayawat
Alijah Purdy
Chris Beachum
  • Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I created a similar topic, but now that I know that CBS will be broadcasting the Emmys in 2013, I was wondering who they will choose as host

The obvious choice is Neil Patrick Harris. He is current favorite for all awards shows, and he did a knockout job a few years ago. However, I think he should take a break from hosting just for a while

I would love to see Craig Ferguson host. He is funny and I think he would be great

Other choices are Emmy favorite Melissa McCarthy (an Oscar nomination doesn’t hurt either) and getting her to host will be one more reason for the “Bridesmaids” wave to continue for another year

The Big Bang Theory is one of CBS most popular shows, and seeming that Jim Parsons is an Emmy favorite and Kaley Cuoco having some hosting experience, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the whole cast take the stage as hosts come 2013

But who do you think will host next year? If not one of the above, please specify who has a chance to host

Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m all for Melissa McCarthy. But does that mean she will be nominated again for Mike & Molly?

Ashton Kutcher wouldn’t be a bad choice.

And I agree that NPH needs to take a break from hosting award shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with the mentions of Melissa McCarthy. She was hilarious in her little stint with Rose Byrne at the Oscars (my favorite part of the show, actually).

However, I am getting tired of this sort of “rule” that the host must be someone who stars on a show from that network. For many years that didn’t happen, as stars from other network shows would host (Jason Alexander in 1995, Dennis Miller in 1992, Tim Allen, Kirstie Alley, and Dennis Miller in 1993). The fact that this has become such a standard at the Emmy’s sometimes diqualifies someone who is having a good, funny year hosting. For instance, I would love to see Whoopi Goldberg host, but I will have to wait 4 more years for that to become a possibility, because she is a member of The View, which airs on ABC. The same goes for Ellen DeGeneres, who’s talk show is syndicated by NBC studios, and airs on most NBC stations, therefore I’ll have to wait 2 years to possibly see her host.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

When Craig Ferguson renegotiated his contract with CBS a few months ago, he probably had it entered in there that he would host the Emmys. That is the deal that Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel now have with their networks. Before his big blow-up with NBC, Conan O’Brien had it in his contract. Once he left, Fallon’s reps were smart to jump on that clause.

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

Craig Ferguson has this in the bag.

ReplyCopy URL
    iskolar
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, it seems pretty logical that it will be Craig Ferguson. Though I’m entertained by the idea of Melissa McCarthy hosting.

ReplyCopy URL
    champerdamp
    Participant
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy could be a hit or miss (kind of like Jane Lynch was a mixture of hits and misses throughout the telecast last year). Both are hilarious women, but hilarious women of TV and film – not necessarily hosting. (I’m about to watch the Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne, of which Jane Lynch is the Roastmaster, so maybe she’ll prove me wrong there.)

CBS may choose Craig Ferguson (a) because he already hosts a television show (b) because he has a stand-up comedy background and (c) because of the chance that maybe his Emmy hosting gig will help him finally get nominated for Variety Series, like the “coincidence” that happened this year where Jimmy Kimmel’s hosting gig led to his show’s first Emmy nomination for Variety Series. Craig is hilarious and definitely under-appreciated in terms of awards.

Go back and watch the shows where he eulogizes his father and mother. Emmy material. He definitely has full capability to deal with serious subject matter, and his shows from Paris and Scotland are pretty funny too. He just has to keep pushing the envelope and I think the Emmy will be around the corner, especially next year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it will be Ferguson

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

The only reason I don’t say NPH is, if he hosts the Tonys that year as well, I’m not sure CBS would want him hosting two awards shows in a somewhat short period of time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Morgan Henard
    Topics:

I could see it being Melissa McCarthy and Ashton Kutcher. Or Melissa McCarthy and Jim Parsons. Or Melissa McCarthy and NPH. Or just Melissa McCarthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Craig Ferguson and Geoff Peterson

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Ferguson should have 3 or 4 Variety Series Emmys that Jon Stewart currently possesses right now.  Daily Show is political satire. and not a true variety series.  LLS w/Craig is.  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Who will CBS choose for their Emmy host in 2013?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.