Home Forums Television Who WIll Win Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (2015)

Who WIll Win Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (2015)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think will win? Place your thoughts below!

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a bit surprised they snubbed Meryl Streep’s performance in The Roosevelts. Maybe the voters only want to award animation here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Christopher Kolasa
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm. good point. I did think she’d be in narration but no, there was one narrator (who was nominated) and a handful of people reading as the subjects and I guess they’d go into this category.. Either way, it was an excellent series. I have to rewatch it. Meryl as wonderful for sure and would have loved for her to be nominated. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to watch the tapes, but wow. I was so happy for both John Roberts and Tress MacNeille at getting these nominations. Roberts because it’s Bob Burger’s, and all love for Bob’s Burgers is great. And with MacNeille, I’m honestly surprised that this is her first ever Emmy nomination. What a career she’s had. From Agnes Skinner here to Dot Warner on Animaniacs, she’s always been a delight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats to Hank Azaria for winning!

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot about this thread. Whoops.

Having watched the tapes, I’ve got to say that the win is not undeserved. As much as I loved Tress MacNeille’s nomination, it was clear that nobody was expecting it as a possibility, because she really does nothing of note in her episode. It was actually a much better showcase for Hank Azaria’s Moe character than any of hers. And he wasn’t bad in his own episode either.

That said, I was still pulling for John Roberts to take it, because he had a great Linda episode. Oh, well.

And congratulations to Peter Coyote on winning an Emmy for Narration!! Great actor.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.