Home Forums Television Who’s it gonna be Hamm Vs. Cranston (2014)

Who’s it gonna be Hamm Vs. Cranston (2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
SeunO
Renaton
Irishmovielov..
  • SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

So their shows will both probably be competing for their last seasons in 2014 (BB we can be sure of).

They’re both going to have some climatic stuff – Hamm is going to be old age Don Draper.

Cranston is going to be dealing with his cancer.

But who do you think will take home the gold for their final perf. ?
    Who will have the Academy’s backing behind them to win the final gold they can win for their shows?

Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Hamm but I voted for Cranston only because voters seem to love him. (If Cranston loses this year I think he will win in his last year for sure)

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Cranston will win for S4 and will have an unbeatable tape for S6.

It’s season five that he’s most vulnerable. Kelsey Grammer will likely make it in after the (mini) backlash and Hamm + Lewis may have great tapes.

“Fifty-One” is not nearly as good a tape as “Crawl Space”. I think the last two episodes have to be showcases for Paul and Cranston if they hope to win for BB’s fifth season.

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Hamm but I voted for Cranston only because voters seem to love him. (If Cranston loses this year I think he will win in his last year for sure)

Interesting. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Cranston will win for S4 and will have an unbeatable tape for S6.

It’s season five that he’s most vulnerable. Kelsey Grammer will likely make it in after the (mini) backlash and Hamm + Lewis may have great tapes.

“Fifty-One” is not nearly as good a tape as “Crawl Space”. I think the last two episodes have to be showcases for Paul and Cranston if they hope to win for BB’s fifth season.

Agreed. I think something is coming for Cranston and Paul – something good.
    They are both not the MVP’s of the season at the moment.

Jonathan Banks has “Madrigal”.
    Anna Gunn has “Fifty One”.

Even Laura Fraser has “Madrigal” as a possible tape!

Everyone was saying after “Dead Freight” that “Buyout” was gonna be Aaron Paul’s tape for sure but the whole storyline about the dead kid was over in the first quarter of the episode.

I think he’s vulnerable too but hey anything can change in these last two episodes – however, it would be a shame if Hamm never won the emmy and would seem slightly excessive if Cranston did end up winning six, as good as he is. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s definitely going to be an interesting race come 2014

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Well no one’s ever won 5 drama Emmys for a role; I don’t know if Cranston is the greatest ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I bet Cranston will have the bigger last episode. Whether he dies or not, it’s going to close his arc for good and considering the transformation and ticking clock aspects of the character are what gave Cranston all these wins, I think he will be hard to beat, unless a new show comes along with a new character and becomes the clear alternative. Either way, I think Jon Hamm is never gonna win for this role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Well no one’s ever won 5 drama Emmys for a role; I don’t know if Cranston is the greatest ever.

Isn’t he, though?

ReplyCopy URL
    TV12
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a poll. There is a section for polls. If A = B and B = C, then A = C. Therefore, this poll should be in the poll section, aptly-titled Polls! Polls! Polls!

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

Oh, if Cranston doesn’t get a great tape this season, I expect one of the following to win (unless all of their shows tank, but that’s unlikely): Kevin Bacon, Dennis Quaid, Andre Braugher.

ReplyCopy URL
    sorcery
    Topics:

I love Cranston in Breaking Bad but I wouldn’t say his performance is the best ever because:

1. I consider performances by Andre Braugher, Gabriel Byrne, Kyle Chandler, James Gandolfini, Sam Waterston, and yes–Jon Hamm, to be just as good (and some of them superior).
    2. it wouldn’t be an informed opinion because I have many other performances to see–Ian McShane in Deadwood, Anthony Edwards in ER, Daniel J. Travanti in Hill Street Blues, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a poll. There is a section for polls. If A = B and B = C, then A = C. Therefore, this poll should be in the poll section, aptly-titled Polls! Polls! Polls!

It’s in the Emmys section because it is about the emmys.
    There is a poll but there is also a discussion.
    And to me the title suggests debate. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Cranston in Breaking Bad but I wouldn’t say his performance is the best ever because:

1. I consider performances by Andre Braugher, Gabriel Byrne, Kyle Chandler, James Gandolfini, Sam Waterston, and yes–Jon Hamm, to be just as good (and some of them superior).

I agree I hope Hamm can pull it out of the bag and as a matter of a fact any Mad Men actor can pull it out of the bag. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Mrs. Doolittle
    Participant
    Topics:

No offence but there are way to many unnecessary threads like these on the forum.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Who’s it gonna be Hamm Vs. Cranston (2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.