Home Forums Television Will Betty White’s 2nd Consecutive SAG award for Hot in Cleveland help her at the 2012 Emmy’s?

Will Betty White’s 2nd Consecutive SAG award for Hot in Cleveland help her at the 2012 Emmy’s?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
Trent
Laactingnyc
GoMe91
  • Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Why or Why not?

Anonymous
    Topics:

No.  Actors are dumber than the entire Academy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Insulting the intelligence of actors is pretty stupid.

ReplyCopy URL
    GoMe91
    Participant
    Topics:

No. Although, I can’t necessarily pin point who I think will win instead…I really don’t think it’ll be Betty White. 

Alec Baldwin has (hilariously) won 6 SAGs and he’s only won two Emmys. Things don’t always match up. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

How many actors do you know?

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

No. Betty doesn’t have the tape(s) to win, especially against her competition. Nor does she deserve it.

ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think any other awards influence or indicate anything about Emmy wins. One reason is that the cycle is really different than other awards. Critics also work on years and not seasons when doing their best. GG and SAG TV awards are in January. Maybe if they were the same there might be some influence but none seems to exist.

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think something like Laura Dern winning the Globe is more helpful for her getting an Emmy nod than Betty White winning the SAG, not that either have much weight for Emmy consideration anyway.

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I do think White will be nominated again, but I don`t see her winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Well i think it will help her, it obviously won’t hurt her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

There is no doubt that she will be nominated again, but a win is most certainly out of the question.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Are you trying to say that actors are smart when it comes to picking nominees? Because in a year where they snub Jim Parsons in favor of Jon Cryer, Amy Poehler in favor of Edie Falco, the casts of Parks & Rec and Community in favor of the cast of Glee, Peter Dinklage in favor of Steve Buscemi, Claire Danes and Margo Martindale in favor of Kathy Bates, and the cast of Homeland in favor of the cast of Dexter, I don’t know how such an argument can be made.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m trying to say that insulting a whole population of people doesn’t make you look smart……….

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

That’s true, but I think the point he was trying to make is that the SAG awards don’t influence the Emmys like they do the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    dannyboy.
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG awards is an open election, a popluarity contest if you will.. The Emmys are juried based on individual episode submission. If she has a competitive tape, she will be competitive for the win. I stopped watching Hot in Cleveland after the first season.. I remember thinking only Wendie Malick was nom-worthy. It is likely that Betty White will continue to win SAG, should she be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

The Emmys are juried based on individual episode submission. If she has a competitive tape, she will be competitive for the win.

Which brings me back to my first point. Betty doesn’t have the tapes to win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Will Betty White’s 2nd Consecutive SAG award for Hot in Cleveland help her at the 2012 Emmy’s?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.