Home Forums Television With ‘Breaking Bad’ Over, Who Is the New Frontrunner for Best Drama Series in 2015?

With ‘Breaking Bad’ Over, Who Is the New Frontrunner for Best Drama Series in 2015?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Kevin Jacobsen
    Participant
    Topics:

Breaking Bad is pretty much the presumptive favorite at this point to take home Best Drama Series this year, but I’m curious what people think could take its place as the new frontrunner next year.

Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, House of Cards and Mad Men will have new seasons and barring any big dip in quality, I see them all being nominated again. True Detective doesn’t have a release date and from what I understand hasn’t even begun filming yet, so I’m not sure of when it will air. But, again, barring any huge dip in quality, I see it coming back if it’s eligible.

That leaves at least one slot open. Could it go to one of this year’s contenders, like Masters of Sex or The Good Wife? Could Boardwalk Empire get back in with its final season? 

The Leftovers hasn’t gotten great reviews, but it’s always possible. Not sure if there’s any new shows in the making that could get in, but anything’s possible.

So with this in mind, which show do you see emerging as a potential winner?

dude93
    Topics:

I think it might be a final farewell hug for Mad Men… Who knows?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I really, really, REALLY, want Mad Men to sweep on the final year, but I think House of Cards will be the new frontrunner

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see them giving the farewell hug to Mad Men BUT it might be the year GOT wins it too

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

I see 3 scenarios:

– If House of Cards is as good as the second season and the buzz is still there, that´s the winner. Same goes for True Detective

–  Mad Men. I see a Sopranos situation happening here, where an incredibly beloved show divides its final season in two: the first half is not recieved that well (they dropped Moss just like Sopranos dropped both leads), and the second half comes back with overwhelming support, taking back slots in writing/directing and Elizabeth Moss, maybe Slattery (given that the category will loose at least two spots). They definitely would be willing to make this show the biggest winner in history…

– Seems out of reach right now, specailly after an underwhelming showing, but its fair to believe that Masters of Sex could make a big splash next year. Maybe surprise us with a win?

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I’ll say Game of Thrones. If Mad Men delivers big time in its final run, it could get a send-off win.
    In case True Detective is eligible, it depends on how well-received the new story and characters are.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones for sure. They can award Mad Men with its first acting win if they want.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Farewell Emmy win for “Mad Men.”

ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

From breaking bad producer- Battle Creek. CBS though and possible cases of the week. Probable cases of the week may deem it a procedural and then no emmy chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

If Mad Men can make at least five great episodes, or a great finale, it will win big time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Adri m.
    Participant
    Topics:

What about TD? I mean I don’t know when the second season will be airing but will be a serious threat here. Also I think that MOS will get more nominations next year (Drama Series, Drama Actor, Drama Actress, Directing (?), Writing (?) ). For the moment Mad Men, Game of Thrones, House of Cards and True Detective, if it’s elegible, are the early contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it is Mad Men and I want it to be so the show can be given the title of greatest drama as it should be. House of Cards had a terrible season 2 with good moments and I think the netflix show from the Damages creators will take it’s place as House of Cards I feel will be disappointing once again as the show runners planned to stop after two seasons so I feel they have run out of story. True Detective is going to be compared to season 1 and I do not see it winning. Game of Thrones will not win next year as the material is just not as good in my opnion and it is fantasy and if the show is ever to win it will be like Lord of the Rings and win for it’s final season. I really think it will be Mad Men and badly hope that it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I think House of Cards and Mad Men will be the top 2 contenders. Mad Men because it is the final season, and House of Cards because the third series of the British version is arguably the most eventful and will likely be the best season yet.

However, if The Good Wife’s Season 6 is as good as Season 5, it had better be at least nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eli Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep in mind that giving Mad Men a win will give them the record for most wins in this category (arguably the most prestigious category at the Emmys).  Just something to consider.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

-Better Call Saul
    -Game of Thrones
    -House of Cards

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Reply To: With ‘Breaking Bad’ Over, Who Is the New Frontrunner for Best Drama Series in 2015?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.