Home Forums Television Worst Emmy Submissions of 2014?

Worst Emmy Submissions of 2014?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

What was the worst Emmy submission of the year? 

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if it counts, by The Good Wife not submitting Hitting the Fan in Writing was unforgivable.

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

Diana Rigg, “Game of Thrones”

She couldn’t possibly win with the material and screentime she had this year, but this episode doesn’t even support the notion that she deserved a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Jim Parsons submitted the completely wrong episode. As much as I love him on Big Bang, we will not this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if it counts, by The Good Wife not submitting Hitting the Fan in Writing was unforgivable.

Agreed. That would be my go-to pick.

Also, while I realize that the series tapes aren’t necessarily as big in deciding winners as the acting ones, I was still very put off by Game of Thrones submitting “Breaker of Chains” and omitting “The Mountain and the Viper”.

Anna Chlumsky would’ve been better off picking something other than “Detroit”. “Special Relationship” would’ve been a better choice. 

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

I think Ty Burrell picked pretty horrendously. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Melissa McCarthy didn’t pick a very strong episode 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Melissa McCarthy’s episode submission was a good one and could pose a threat in the Lead Actress category.  Her scenes in therapy were hilarious and the impact of the last playground scene could help seal the deal.

I did not think Burrell’s choice was horrible.  I can see why he went with that episode due to the awards dinner scene when he was on stage.  I do think that this episode helps Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

Mayim Bialik, Anna Chlumsky. Jim Parsons, Lena Dunham, and Adam Driver all made terrible submissions I think I don’t see anyone of them winning 

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Ty Burrell picked pretty horrendously. 

Ik right! He basically just handed the Emmy to Jesse Tyler Ferguson 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I just think knowing McCarthy, she had better episodes. If she didn’t then yikes 

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a few types of poor submissions.  Some are just plain bad and probably represent a nomination based on name recognition instead of material.  Others may cost someone the win that they could have been competitive for with a different specific episode from the past season.

Although it was submitted in the pre-nomination phase, I would say that director Michael Trim submitting the season finale of Orange is the New Black instead of its pilot surely cost him the nomination and win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Andre Braugher completely screwed up his submission and lost his chance to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I started watching submissions, my first category was Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy and I can say: Adam Driver, Andre Braugher and I have to believe Ty Burrell had better and could’ve done a better job at preventing Ferguson from being helped with his tape. Or as we usually speculate with certain people: maybe he’s trying to help Ferguson with all of this.

I’m already anticipating adding Mayim Bialik to this list because…why not? It’s the same every year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

I can’t help but think Burrell is indeed trying to give Ferguson something extra for a shot at a win. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Reply To: Worst Emmy Submissions of 2014?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.