Home Forums Television Your pick for Most Disappointing New TV Series of 2015

Your pick for Most Disappointing New TV Series of 2015

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tom O’Neil
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What new TV series really let you down? This question is different from — what was the biggest bomb? Most bombs we see coming ahead of time, but many shows debut with tons of good will and high expectations and just CRASH.

Personally, I had high hopes for Aziz Ansari’s new show, but …. meh. It’s not a bomb, no, but I am hugely disappointed. I wanted so much more.

Matt Noble
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Personally, I had high hopes for Aziz Ansari’s new show, but …. meh. It’s not a bomb, no, but I am hugely disappointed. I wanted so much more.

Master of None is great Tom! It’s like a funny version of Louie.

For me it would be Grace and Frankie: Getting Fonda, Tomlin, Sheen and Waterson together should have been magic but I didn’t enjoy the show (although I usually don’t like family based dramedies). 

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

The Whispers, I was expecting something great because of the combo of Steven Spielberg and Lily Rabe but was so dissapointed before even half of the season had aired!

ReplyCopy URL
    chicano1616
    Participant
    Topics:

Scream Queens- The show failed to deliver the brand it was trying to sell its audience (satire of 80s slashers).  The marketing failed by pitching it to teens when they should’ve pitched it to people in their late 20s or 30s who get that its a satire.  Another con is that many of the actors (Ariana, Nick, Emma, Abigail, etc.) never know how to play a scene.  The only saving graces are Niecy Nash, Billie Lourd, & Jamie Lee Curtis. Really like to hate watch this show because its so stupid

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“Scream Queens.” UGH.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I’m sad at Scream Queens.

The Brink wasn’t terrible but it just never knew what its tone was

I’ll probably think of some more  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom O’Neil
    Keymaster
    Topics:

[quote=”TomONeil”]

Master of None is great Tom! It’s like a funny version of Louie.

For me it would be Grace and Frankie: Getting Fonda, Tomlin, Sheen and Waterson together should have been magic but I didn’t enjoy the show (although I usually don’t like family based dramedies). 

[/quote]

Yeah, Grace and Frankie was disappointing, that’s true. And you may be right about Globes for Master of None — but just a nom for Aziz. But he can’t win and the show won’t be nommed. You’re dreaming if you think that’s really gonna fly … 😉 Surprised

ReplyCopy URL
    Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched the first two episodes of Master of None and the first episode was great the 2nd was kinda boring so I really don’t expect it to win Golden Globes. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt Noble
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You guys are crazy, Aziz is winning and the show is getting nominated. It’s the cool show released at the perfect time, HFPA won’t be able to resist.

It’s got more going for it than the Affair had last year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

The Affair was the only new show in its category. 

None will be up against Kimmy Schimdt most likely and lots of other possibilities. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Nashmic
    Participant
    Topics:

Wicked City – I have had high expectations on this one but…

Scream Queens – Fox spent millions on the launch and it is an unmitigated failure as they say.

Supergirl – The quality and ratings from the first episode is doing down so fast it maybe considered as one of the biggest flop this TV season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Supergirl – The quality and ratings from the first episode is doing down so fast it maybe considered as one of the biggest flop this TV season.

Amen to Supergirl! You know you’ve messed up somewhere if after the first episode of your show, you haven’t given your characters any personalities. AT ALL. I saw the first 10 minutes at most of the second episode and had to actually stop watching due to the insanely shitty production values and dialogue. It’s decent if you’re a fan of the comics, but even then I would argue the fan service like Jimmy Olsen comes off as shallow and bland. After the premiere of IZombie or The Flash I felt like I knew, and cared about mostly, every character on the shows, let alone the main character. ESPECIALLY W/ IZombie! Supergirl is a failure on many levels, yet whether it will improve given time, or will end up a garbage fire like Constantine (which I never watched at all to begin with, BTW), remains to be seen. And no, I didn’t even TRY watching the 3rd Supergirl, but I’m debating whether I’ll give the 4th a shot. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Empire – I saw the ratings were huge for this, the buzz was growing immensely week on week, and when I got round to watching it….I wondered what the hell people were going crazy for. It’s the most over the top thing I’ve seen all year. If it was a little seen show, it would not be up for any awards, and most would disregard it entirely. Only because of the huge ratings it got do I feel it is in awards conversation.

Jane The Virgin – I know it premiered in 2014, but it didn’t get shown in the UK until earlier this year, so I’m placing it here. The buzz on this site was huge for it, it won Gina a Globe, and the show was nominated for Comedy Series. But, it again felt a bit over the top and soapy. It was like a noughties teen drama which started off decent, but then ended up trying to have too many twists which didn’t make me care for it in the end, and I eventually gave up on it half way through. 

Bloodline – I liked this show for sure, but it didn’t always fire on all cylinders. I thought it was going to on episode 3, with Linda Cardellini taking a more central position, but that didn’t carry on the way I’d hoped. The flash forwards had me excited throughout but the pay off at the end just wasn’t there for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom_Scavo
    Participant
    Topics:

Absolutely Grace and Frankie.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve given up on Scream Queens, Code Black, and Empire so any of those would be my pick. Scream Queens started good but overall left me going “I can watch this on demand” which turned into “Eh No thanks”. Code Black is way over the top. I actually call it death hospital after this week (it was the straw the broke the camels back. And that leaves “Empire”. I just cant get into this season. Something is just off.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Your pick for Most Disappointing New TV Series of 2015

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.