May 6, 2013 at 7:47 am #431682
Second year presenting my stage awards on Goldderby. I love theatre probably the most because every night can be different and it is the real test for acting and is a more personal experince for the crowds going to see shows whether on Broadway or around the whole world. Here is a link to who was nominated and won last year:
Youtube video for winners and nominees:
I WILL START ANNOUNCING EVERYTHING ON THE 18TH SO MY AWARDS END BEFORE THE ACTUAL 67TH TONY AWARDS.May 6, 2013 at 8:16 am #431684
Very excited to see your personal winners! As far as I remember from last year, we had very similar tastes.
Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.May 18, 2013 at 11:01 am #431685
May 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm #431686
- OUTSTANDING CHOREOGRAPHY:
Lorin Latarro for “HANDS ON A HARDBODY”
Jerry Mitchell for “KINKY BOOTS”
Chet Walker for “PIPPIN”
Josh Rhodes for “RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA”
May 18, 2013 at 11:53 pm #431687
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: Christopher Gattelli for Newsies: The Musical Not only high flying tricks but also some classical Fosse style choreographed by Chet Walker one of the original dancers in the Fosse directed 1976 show. Walker receives his first nomination and win from me but also I think Brad Musgrove should be mentioned for his assitant choreography because no one could do all that work by themselves.
May 19, 2013 at 11:37 am #431688
- OUTSTANDING FEATURED ACTRESS IN A PLAY:
Carrie Coon as Honey in “WHOS AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?”
Jessica Hecht as Veta Louise Simmons in “HARVEY”
Judith Ivey as Lavinia Penniman in “THE HEIRESS”
Judith Light as Faye in “THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES”
Yvonne Strahovski as Lorna Moon in “GOLDEN BOY”
May 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm #431689
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: Judith Light as Silda Grauman in “OTHER DESERT CITIES” Once again Mrs. Light is nominated for playing a smart minded and fast talking jewish women and once again she gives such a great performance playing the same character in two different time periods where the performance is able to age on stage. Light won this category last year but was also nominated the year before for her work in Lombardi making this her third nomination with everyone of them coming in this category.
May 20, 2013 at 9:35 am #431690
- OUTSTANDING FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL:
Keith Carradine as JD Drew in “HANDS ON A HARDBODY”
Will Chase as John Jasper/Mr. Clive Paget in “THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DRODD”
Hunter Foster as Benny Perkins in “HANDS ON A HARDBODY”
Andy Karl as Neville Landless/Mr. Victor Grinstead in “THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DRODD”
Terrence Mann as Charles in “PIPPIN”
May 20, 2013 at 11:22 pm #431691
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: Phillip Boykin as Crown in “THE GERSHWIN’S PORGY AND BESS” Even though the character like the show could change from night to night Chase brings so much into the character in the first act that he was the standout of the show playing both an actor and stage character bringing the great evil to the show. This is the first nomination I have given Chase and am glad he has come back to the stage leaving behind the horribleness of his role on Smash.
May 21, 2013 at 9:57 am #431692
- OUTSTANDING DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL:
Jerry Mitchell for “KINKY BOOTS”
Scott Ellis for “THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DRODD”
Diane Paulus for “PIPPIN”
Mark Brokaw for “RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA”
May 22, 2013 at 7:46 am #431694
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: John Tiffany for Once Takling this dazzling revival was such a hard job but Paulus seems to have fun taking revivals to the great white way and her reinterpretation of the classic show handling all the thrilling tricks as well as great singing was done so well it was clear why Paulus won this category. This is Diane’s second nomination in this category and first win with her previous nomination being for 2009’s production of Hair.
May 22, 2013 at 10:22 pm #431695
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: Mike Nichols for Death of a Salesman Sometimes the perfect combination of simple emotion and great performances can be so well directed that the directing stands out for being so subtle. This production of the great play was directed by Mrs. MacKinnon and it was so a great production she had to given my reward especially when tackling this play which can be either done well or really bad which it was not. MacKinnon was nomination in this category for “Clybourne Park” last year but this is her first win.
May 23, 2013 at 9:35 am #431696
- OUTSTANDING FEATURED ACTOR IN A PLAY:
Billy Magnussen as Spike in “VANYA AND SONIA AND MASHA AND SPIKE”
Jonny Orsini as Ned in “THE NANCE”
Tony Shalhoub as Mr. Bonaporte in “GOLDEN BOY”
Jeremy Shamos as Jeff in “THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES”
Courtney B. Vance as Hap Hairston in “LUCKY GUY”
May 23, 2013 at 10:05 pm #431697
- AND THE WINNER IS: Last Year’s Winner: Christian Borle as Black Stache in “PETER AND THE STARCATCHER” The final work of Nora Ephron was a fine piece and her creation of the character of Hap Hariston was able to give Mr. Vance all he needed to steal the show from underneath the bigger stars in the play which is why he wins my featured award from his emotional work and more explosive work that made him standout in this ensemble piece. This is Vance’s first nomination for me.
- OUTSTANDING SOUND DESIGN OF A MUSICAL OR PLAY;
Peter John Still and Marc Salzberg for “GOLDEN BOY”
John Shivers for “KINKY BOOTS”
Tony Meola for “THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DRODD”
Jonathan Deans and Garth Helm for “PIPPIN”
Nevin Steinberg for “RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA”
- OUTSTANDING CHOREOGRAPHY: Lorin Latarro for “HANDS ON A HARDBODY”