Home Forums Theater 2014-2015 Season

2014-2015 Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
SamEckmann
adamunc
Irishmovielov..
  • Tony Ruiz
    Participant
    Topics:

As this season winds down, announcements about the new season are being released.  Here’s the first….

Glenn Close to return to Broadway in Edward Albee’s A Delicate Balance, directed by Pam Mckinnon.

Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange versus Glenn Close. Throw in Streep and the internet would explode.

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Roundabout is also doing The Real Thing with Ewan McGreggor and Maggie Gyllenhaal, as well as Noises Off with Andrea Martin.

…but Glenn Close is really ALL i need  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is playing Agnes…I wonder who is playing Claire, the alcoholic sister played by Elaine Stritch in the last revival.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is playing Agnes…I wonder who is playing Claire, the alcoholic sister played by Elaine Stritch in the last revival.

How about Meryl Streep? 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Heather Headley still coming in with The Bodyguard? Based on the reaction in London, she would have to be a frontrunner for Actress in a Musical.

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Sheryl Crow’s musical adaptation of Diner (which they attempted to get ready in time for the current broadway season) will have an Off-Broadway premier at Signature theatre, as part of their 25th Anniversary season. From what I heard from those who attended worskshops of the show, an off-broadway outing would be beneficial before attempting a bigger more commerical bway house. (The common perception was that it had a lot of great things going for it, but it needed more time to develop. And a subscriber house like Signature offers a great opportunity for that.).

ReplyCopy URL
    Benedick
    Participant
    Topics:

Sheryl Crow’s musical adaptation of Diner (which they attempted to get ready in time for the current broadway season) will have an Off-Broadway premier at Signature theatre, as part of their 25th Anniversary season. From what I heard from those who attended worskshops of the show, an off-broadway outing would be beneficial before attempting a bigger more commerical bway house. (The common perception was that it had a lot of great things going for it, but it needed more time to develop. And a subscriber house like Signature offers a great opportunity for that.).

Diner will be at the Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA, not the one in NYC. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

oof so true, thanks Benedick. lol. The release I first read was a blurb and just said Signature Theatre. that makes more sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

‘night, Mother with Oprah Winfrey and Audra McDonald, and the revival of The King and I will be the events of the season for me, at least for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

HUGE NEWS!

Fun Home has decided to transfer to Broadway after all!

I hope they find a way to make this show marketable in a bigger venue because I think more people need to see it. And judging by how many awards its racked up, we could likely be looking at one of our four best musical nominees for next season.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any news on whether Honeymoon in Vegas is going to come in next season? It was very well-received at Papermill.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Kristin Chenoweth and Peter Gallagher will star in a revival of On the Twentieth Century for Roundabout at the American Airlines Theatre. It’s initially scheduled as a 20-week run to open in March 2015. Color me there. Between this and The King and I with Kelli it’s shaping up to be a big season for revivals after this year’s slimmer pickings. I’m also very curious about Sting’s The Last Ship, opening at the Neil Simon in March. If that turns out to be a hit, I’m going to have to do a multi-day trip in the spring.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: 2014-2015 Season

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.